• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disproving god with the laws of logic

Archer

But, rationally, how do you feel it compares to the steady invisible-guy-in-the-sky theory? Seriously, why don't you accept it?

I don't accept the steady state theory. And as to a void? that is simple, space is a vacuum but before the bang it was a void of empty space, if you limit God and believe in only one bang. I prefer not to limit the universal God that is, and would like to think of the creativity I would have if I were the multiverse and multiply it by infinity.

Your question was already answered! Evidently you don't know the premise of Steady State.

I follow the quasi-steady state theory with a little twist.

The Space has always been but it has not always been full. God is more to me than a judge he is the purposer of all, the great scientist. I do not believe he interferes with that has been set in motion, though nudges do happen. The image of God means thing other than a hominid, it is a creator and free thinker.

Man try's to comprehend what cannot be comprehended and therefore confuses himself.

I honestly believe the atheist has a better grasp on things than some people of faith as they imagine too much, refuse to accept the facts and refuse to see the creation for what it is.

Last edited:

freethinker44

It is impossible to disprove if God exists. On the other hand, there are several clues that when taken in totality, make a strong case for God's existence.

So explain why it is impossible to disprove gods existence. I offered why I believe god can be disproved you tell me why he can't. Don't just say its impossible and move on to something else. Say why its impossible. I am not looking for what you think as evidence for his existence, I bypassed the need for evidence and went straight to the core of it. Whether you use the argument from design or distort scientific findings to support your view doesn't matter, I've shown why gods existence is impossible without the need for evidence, can you show why god must exist without evidence

freethinker44

If it exists then it can be proven true or false whether its a just a concept or a physical reality. If you disprove the concept of something you don't need physical evidence to back up the claim because if the concept is false then the physicality is also false. Does faith need proving? I guess that depends on how much you care about the truth behind your beliefs, if you don't care if you beliefs are true and would believe them even when you know they are wrong, then why are you even here talking about it. If you want you beliefs to be true then you be willing to subject them to proof, either conceptual or physical. The catch though, is if you can prove it conceptually, you still need to prove it physically but if you disprove it conceptually, you don't need to disprove it physically. If your answer to the argument is you don't have to prove yourself, then I am right by default, I have proven myself, you haven't.

Archer

dark matter
dark energy
string theory
11th dimension
DMT effects on the brain and the perception of Alien abduction by people in the study.
Angels or suited men in cave drawings around the world as well as what appears to be space ships.

Please explain.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
dark matter
dark energy
string theory
11th dimension
DMT effects on the brain and the perception of Alien abduction by people in the study.
Angels or suited men in cave drawings around the world as well as what appears to be space ships.

Please explain.
Products of boundless human creativity.

Archer

And this will somehow take away my faith?

Was that @ me? if so my post was posing a scientific question. We can see none of these things but they are accepted though none can be proven. As a matter of fact life cannot be proven only perception of.

It is illogical to discount God when there is so much that is accepted that can not be proven.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So you offered that list of items hoping to support your faith?
By all means please continue.

Archer

AHHH!!! God is on trial in this thread, therefore the burden of proof is on those who wish to disprove God! Can my post be disproved? I think not. Therefore logic can not disprove God as logic is flawed. Logic dictates many things but we do not follow logic and the fact is human nature is illogical!! Love is illogical!!! Monogamy is illogical. Homosexuality is illogical. Curiosity is illogical. All of the thing that make us what we are are also illogical. Logic dictates that survival of the species be our only concern. Propagation be our main incentive in life to continue the species.

How can we apply logic when we try to define what is logical? Survival of the fittest yet we spend billions on keeping the old and useless alive. We imprison threats and pay to keep them alive and perhaps even have better lives than those not interned.

I propose logic is flawed and therefore it is illogical not to believe in God.

Beaudreaux

Well, because I believe logic is our best analytical tool for understanding the world. What confuses me is your arguments; indeed even your presense on a forum where religion and faith are debated. If, as you seem to indicate, faith is immune to the persuasive effects of logic, then what are you doing here? There is nothing for you to gain. The exchange of ideas here has no use for you since your faith will never allow them to take hold. Seriously, why are you discussing things on this forum?
to Thief: Bumping this up because I'd really like to hear your answer.