• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disproving god with the laws of logic

The Neo Nerd

Yet the 'fact' that god made this happen is an assumption with ZERO irrefutable proof.

What you've got to understand about atheists is that it's not that we don't want to believe in a god, personally i would love to. It's just that we've never met the guy.

You can say 'You've just got to believe hard enough' or 'youve just got to have faith' But this is a cop out, selective ignorance. If it's real you dont have to believe in it.

-Q

Last edited:

Archer

So I guess the parallels I presented came from ancient genetic memory from the times of the single cell organisms? I do not follow the Churches teachings I go by what I see and there is too much evidence of a higher power to dismiss it.

The fact that the earth will meet it's ultimate end in fire is a start. It can happen many ways either through the hand of man or nature. It is the inevitable outcome of any world this close to a sun.

A mushroom cloud would appear knock the stars from the sky. An Ohio class sub makes a destructive sea beast. A missile releasing MIRV's would make a multiple headed dragon from the sky.

Archer

Listen! The cry be bitter,
the shouting of the warrior there.
That day will be a day of wrath,
a day of distress and anguish,
a day of trouble and ruin,
a day of darkness and gloom,
a day of clouds and blackness,
a day of trumpet and battle cry
against the fortified cities
and against the corner towers. [twin towers]
There will distress on the people
and they will walk like blind men,
their blood will be poured out like dust
and their entrails like filth.
(The people in the towers)
Neither their silver nor their gold
will be able to save them
on the day of wrath.
(The money that was controlled at the towers.)

(9/11 was the beginning of our current situation.)

Archer

Well...if God can be eternal and always have been, why can't the universe be eternal and have always been?

I don't accept the steady state theory. And as to a void? that is simple, space is a vacuum but before the bang it was a void of empty space, if you limit God and believe in only one bang. I prefer not to limit the universal God that is, and would like to think of the creativity I would have if I were the multiverse and multiply it by infinity.

The Neo Nerd

It's your lucky day. God and the Universe/Kingdom of the Father have always been here and always will be.

That's not an answer.

You just proved my point.

Seriously guys, if someone asks a question, DONT F'ING WELL RESPOND UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO ANSWER IT

-Q

Thief

Rogue Theologian
And around and around we go.
Faith requires no proving.
God cannot be disproved by logic.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I agree.
Faith allows for any whim, fantasy, idea, etc. to have equal value.
With Faith there is nothing to stop ones imagination; no boundaries, no limits, one is free to make whatever claims they like.
And many do just that.

true.
However, you seem to be over looking the fact that God cannot be Proved either.

Beaudreaux

And around and around we go.

And yet you continue to try an prove Him with logic using the very old and tired "uncaused cause" argument. Why do you do so if faith requires no proving?

Beaudreaux

And why do you bother when you know logic cannot take away faith?
Well, because I believe logic is our best analytical tool for understanding the world. What confuses me is your arguments; indeed even your presense on a forum where religion and faith are debated. If, as you seem to indicate, faith is immune to the persuasive effects of logic, then what are you doing here? There is nothing for you to gain. The exchange of ideas here has no use for you since your faith will never allow them to take hold. Seriously, why are you discussing things on this forum?