• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disproving god with the laws of logic

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I expected nothing! Moreover I expected discussion and universal understanding.
Make up your mind.

Logic dictates that believers need some drugs to fight this mental illness because they surely are not in their right minds.
I would just love for you to show how this logically follows.

Perhaps those arguing against God are just in denial else why argue with a retard?
Perhaps those arguing against god are trying to understand how those who are arguing for god can logically argue for god whilst saying that god is not bound by the logic they would use to argue for god?

Archer

I expected nothing! Moreover (in addition to what has been said; further; besides) I expected discussion and universal understanding.

It was an oxymoron (a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”)

Beaudreaux

:clap Very good, I just joined this forum without doing enough looking at what goes on here:( my mistake. I never realized that people are so strongly stuck in their non belief that they will ignore certian irrefutable facts. I find it intriguing that if science says one thing and the Bible words it differently then there is a problem.

If I were to explain to a blind man what a city looked like and then asked him to draw it in color what would the picture look like?

Now, God reveled things to prophets and the passed it through the generations orally until scribes finally recorded it as best they could interpret it. Perhaps if the scribes had our accumulated knowledge they would have described it very differently.
But why wouldn't God say something like "the earth is a giant ball that moves around the sun. Rain comes from the clouds which are born of water on the ground. In time, the water in the clouds returns to the ground."

That's language my 5 year old nephew understands.

Archer

But why wouldn't God say something like "the earth is a giant ball that moves around the sun. Rain comes from the clouds which are born of water on the ground. In time, the water in the clouds returns to the ground."

That's language my 5 year old nephew understands.

Perhaps he did say that but what was understood?

rageoftyrael

Veritas
I can honestly say that i don't think theists are retards. Not using their brains to come to a reasonable conclusion, yeah, i think that. But stupid, or retarded? Not at all. I know many intelligent religious people, in my family. And then i know plenty more outside of my family. And there are plenty of intelligent theists in this forum as well. So only a fool would claim that theists are stupid.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Eighth grade science lesson...
For every cause there is an effect....for every effect there is a cause.

Or maybe that nun lied to me.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
And here is where cause falls short.
I will play the devil's advocate.

Pre-singularity existence cannot be explained.
There are no terms available.
All is void. No science.

No plan can be formulated.
No terms are available.
No experience or direction can be applied. No logic.

However...(no longer devil's advocate)
We exist. The universe exists.
Science requires cause and effect.
Logic is similar.

A creation is a reflection of it's cause. I believe in God.