• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disproving god with the laws of logic

rageoftyrael

Veritas
It's actually pretty simple. There is no such thing as a void. It is merely a concept. You can have a small space, or even a large one, with nothing in it, but it is not a void, because it has barriers, and these barriers are something, which nulls the void. That's just off the top of my head. So using the void argument won't work.

Beaudreaux

And here is where cause falls short.
I will play the devil's advocate.

Pre-singularity existence cannot be explained.
There are no terms available.
All is void. No science.

No plan can be formulated.
No terms are available.
No experience or direction can be applied. No logic.

However...(no longer devil's advocate)
We exist. The universe exists.
Science requires cause and effect.
Logic is similar.

A creation is a reflection of it's cause. I believe in God.
Right....so.....who created God?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Your logic fails for the same cause.

What is this 'speck of something' that nullifies the 'void'?
Do you believe in 'something' you cannot explain?

blueman

God's Warrior
Only when a conceptual, untangible thing is applied to something tangible that we can use an idea purely conceptual like logic to prove or disprove something. Although it would an extreme waste of time, the tea kettle could be disproven maybe by sending out a satelite that set in an increasing orbit around the sun, eventually, if the kettle exists then the satelite will encounter it. This isn't really using logic though, logic by itself can only prove or disprove something that is conceptual by nature. To disprove something with a physical nature, logic must be used along with physical evidence. So you are right, logic ALONE cannot disprove something physical, only something conceptual.
It is impossible to disprove if God exists. On the other hand, there are several clues that when taken in totality, make a strong case for God's existence.

GiantHouseKey

It is impossible to disprove if God exists. On the other hand, there are several clues that when taken in totality, make a strong case for God's existence.

And there are several clues (Logic and science being my favourite two) that a literal, personal, monotheistic God does not exist. Sure there's a strong case for her existence, but we'd first have to remove a lot of concepts that are necessary by which to denote existence, therefore not proving existence, but rather a new concept of existence that doesn't show anything. Do you understand what i'm trying to say?

Actually, my favourite is spiritual experience, but that's a difficult one to use as evidence either for or against.

GhK.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Post #283....284.
If you can explain that 'speck of something' without God you might be unto 'something'.

Last edited:

Archer

The eyes of some will only be opened when the end is here and it is too late. Some present, whilst others ignore what has been presented.

I have discounted nothing and offered a differing views that also can not be refuted! Yet...................

freethinker44

I have refuted it, you have offered nothing in return except "just wait and see".
Unless you decide to add any kind of rebuttal then I claim checkmate on this. I even showed you some of the rediculous science the bible offers after you challenged me and you never even responded to that.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I have refuted it, you have offered nothing in return except "just wait and see".
Unless you decide to add any kind of rebuttal then I claim checkmate on this. I even showed you some of the rediculous science the bible offers after you challenged me and you never even responded to that.
I sincerely hope you are not holding your breath waiting on these irrefutable proofs....

richardlowellt

I can honestly say that i don't think theists are retards. Not using their brains to come to a reasonable conclusion, yeah, i think that. But stupid, or retarded? Not at all. I know many intelligent religious people, in my family. And then i know plenty more outside of my family. And there are plenty of intelligent theists in this forum as well. So only a fool would claim that theists are stupid.

I have met many Theists who fall into that stupid category, buy definition---STUPID---lacking intelligence or COMMON SENSE---STUPID---DAZED and UNABLE TO THINK CLEARLY. If we get rid of the intelligent and just stick with the rest of the definitions, then yes, I have known many that by definition, could be called stupid.

richardlowellt

And exactly the opposite is true, I can submit many clues that when taken in totality, make a very strong case for the non-existence of God.

Archer

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Everything created-Big Bang

2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

The earth was a mass of crap pulled together by gravity.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

the sun pulled itself together then the earth finished forming

6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

The forming of the atmosphere after the earth cooled

9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.

There is evidence that everything was under water the continent rose and separated.
images

11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

sure is a lot of coal.

14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

And as the CO2 was scrubbed from the air as well as other gasses the atmosphere cleared revealing the lights in the sky.

20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

Life came from the sea.

24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so.
25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

The land creatures formed from the sea creatures.

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [b] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."
29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.
31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Earlier hominids.

When the LORD God made the earth and the heavens- 5 and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth [b] and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth [c] and there was no man to work the ground, 6 but streams [d] came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground- 7 the LORD God formed the man [e] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Modern man

8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Mesopotamia. Home of Ur the Summers and Abraham's origins.

I could go on but this is enough for now.
Remember much was revealed in dreams and a lot of prophecy is interpretation of those dreams.

Last edited: