• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do atheist's believe in psychic abilities?

Sk8Joyful

I personally, do not.
The process would have to be demonstrated and explained.
"Supernatural" process(es) were demonstrated, therefore proven to exist, in 100's of scientific studies, as
researched & documented in such books as "the INTENTION experiment" by Lynne McTaggard, in 2007.

Not that we, actually helpfully using such, need her to "prove" anything to us.

blackout

Violet.
Most christians, cycling back & forth between varying states of anxiety, depression, fear,
rejection, & shunning of all kinds of beliefs, & practices
does not mean that all of us, with the bathwater, throw-out the baby too.

Some of us Christians, choose living *safely...open-minded* to PRAISE :yes: GOD.

That's fine.
Your post just suprised me is all.;)

Sk8Joyful

people like Edgar Casey would diagnose a persons health issues and
recommend medication or dietary solutions that more than often worked.

I think there is a mind over matter issue than needs to be addressed.
Countless such people have, and continue, being helpful -
and most often for no money; just because they want to be helpful.

*Mind over matter*, most definitely. Just remember
that a "brain" is just a very small portion, of the mind achieving Healings, & further human-Developments.

Sk8Joyful

The Human mind is still evolving.
Yes, we continue developing, just as GOD/Jesus Christ created us.

All of our research into it at this point is still in it's infancy.
I believe there is much untapped potential we have yet to uncover.
It may take thousands of years or longer to realise it , but it's there.
Quite a number of people, more than you may be aware currently, have
already her/himself, plus in helping others, *tapped into the Mind's potential*.

Religious deprication of imagination and free thought is a great hurdle to this process IMO, but a necessary step, probably.:shrug:
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger in the end.
a majority of christians you may have had experience with, confusedly
depreciate
*Free-thinking, Imagination, plus Pioneer-thinking*, which some of us Christians exercise and practice related skills continuously.

Ghosts are the stuff of religious superstition. I know that the guy with the beard and the white robe is absolute bunk.
for an atheist, yes. But then an atheist also chooses to believe GOD/Jesus Christ is "superstition",
even as both GOD, & ghosts, are real.

UFOs are merely movie fare
Well, you know - once a Flying Object has allowed itself being identified, it's no longer a "u"

though I do believe strongly that
there is life out there, that maybe does not fit our carbon based definition of life.
Starting... to learn already you are :)

Sk8Joyful

the mind is able of alot more than people give credit
only problem is there have been alot of scams with it for the last couple a decades.

currently the army is testing the posibilaty of the paranormal.
Currently?? - guess again.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Psychic abilities, or "Para-psych" consists of Mind-skills any person can learn
- oobe/Astral projection
- Clar - everything
- Tele - everything
- remote viewing
- remote influence
- retro influence

These are *safe* :yes: skills to learn and practice.
How do you go about learning them?

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
Just something that I've wondered.
I fail to see how mild electrical currents and chemicals released in someone's skull could somehow effect an object outside of the body with no physical contact, or send/receive information of any sort to another person without aid, I think that's why we have to use our hands for object manipulation and settle for this oral and visual communication stuff for so long.

Jeremy Mason

I fail to see how mild electrical currents and chemicals released in someone's skull could somehow effect an object outside of the body with no physical contact, or send/receive information of any sort to another person without aid, I think that's why we have to use our hands for object manipulation and settle for this oral and visual communication stuff for so long.

What about the people who have proven that there are such powers?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
What about the people who have proven that there are such powers?

Would love to see some examples of this. If you thought it had been proven, then why would you ask people whether or not they believed in it? Wouldn't it be easier to show them the proof, and then the question of belief isn't even a question?

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
Yeah where exactly is this proof? If you're talking about that knifeless surgery hoax, where someone removes an appendix or whatever by just sticking their hand through the abdomen, I know how that's done, no psychic powers needed.

Jeremy Mason

Yeah where exactly is this proof? If you're talking about that knifeless surgery hoax, where someone removes an appendix or whatever by just sticking their hand through the abdomen, I know how that's done, no psychic powers needed.

Read anything books on Edgar Casey for starters.

atlanticslamon

stumble addict
The majority of Atheist wouldn't believe in psychics or for that matter, astrology, numerology, palmistry etc. because they aren't scientifically proven. It would be completely contradictory for an Atheist to believe in psychics because their is no empirical evidence whatsoever. Astrology, Numerology, Palmistry and others are labeled 'Pseudosciences' because of their unscientific methods.

See Richard Dawkins series 'Enemies of Reason'

Sententia

Read anything books on Edgar Casey for starters.

That is not really proof is it?

Its remarkable to me that so many people accept supernatural beliefs and events as common so long as they meet certain criteria.

Anyone who looks around today can see fortune tellers and prophets in all walks of life. (Hah I pass a shop that has $20 palm readings and $50 life readings on my way to work everyday and their waiting room typically has 2 or 3 people in it...)

Do you have a certain text in mind for Edgar?