• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians really overly persecute homosexuals?

Tristesse

You stated:

Sin is all the same to God when He looks at it in the light of it being against His will. Thinking about killing someone is as bad as doing it. It is also the same in His desire to forgive sin. This is the nature of sin.

When it comes to the practical application of how to deal with sin and it's consequences then the Levitical laws suggest how to deal with it in various manners according to how God see's it's severity. This falls under jurisprudence.

So, god's a dictator. And god views the guy who murders his entire family the same as the guy who commits adultery? I don't care if your god is real, I still wouldn't worship such an immoral dictator. And I'm glad that secular values are holding your religion in check.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
So, god's a dictator. And god views the guy who murders his entire family the same as the guy who commits adultery? I don't care if your god is real, I still wouldn't worship such an immoral dictator. And I'm glad that secular values are holding your religion in check.
I'm glad you are glad.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I noticed several years ago that Sojourner doesn't take the kind of intellectually impoverished view of the Bible that is regarded as "correct" by the superstitious and simpleminded.
Sojourner is just so cool. Hey wait, are you calling me superstitious and simple-minded?:eek:

Misty

It says nothing pleasant about a person who wishes to worship an evil monster and look on it as good!

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I just want to state that I retract what I stated before. It was poorly worded, and stated out of frustration because of another thread here that was dealing with a similar idea.

My stance is simply that some people exaggerate the extent of their problems. Or more simply, people exaggerate from time to time.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I just want to state that I retract what I stated before. It was poorly worded, and stated out of frustration because of another thread here that was dealing with a similar idea.

My stance is simply that some people exaggerate the extent of their problems. Or more simply, people exaggerate from time to time.
What statement is that? Do you know how to use the quote thingee at the bottom right?:shrug: