• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Pictures of Nude People Lead to Immoral Behavior?

a_student

a_student, it seems you don't understand the human psyche very well, especially that of children.

I never claimed to be an expert on human psychology but I think if a child could see that they hurt someone, some type of feeling would come over them and I don't think it would be a good one.

This notion of hiding the private parts stays until they grow up.

Now there is an interesting point. However I don't think it really applies because when you masturbate it is in private. So I don't think that would be the cause of the original guilt. Guilt is the bad feeling you get when you knowingly do something wrong. If I do 85 mph in a 70 zone, I am knowingly doing something illegal or "wrong." Why don't I feel guilt? Because speeding doesn't effect my morale, despite the fact that I've been informed that it is "wrong." I felt guilty about masturbation without anyone ever telling me it was wrong.

[FONT=&quot]But once they realize that everybody, including many animals, masturbate, they no longer feel the guilt that they once associated with it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] I think it's more so becoming used to the act. The fact that everyone else does it gives a person more of an excuse to justify something that they once felt guilty over.

cardero

Citizen Mod
a_student writes: After awhile one becomes desensitized so much that this act that they once felt guilty about becomes "natural." Whether you do it or not has no bearing. You all want to defend it because you do it. Now that's natural.

Father Heathen writes: That guilt is instilled in the young child's mind by religion/culture, which can make people feel guilty about things that are otherwise perfectly healthy and natural.

The religious person contends that masturbation doesn’t follow God’s plan or will with what the act of sex is purposed for (that it is Unnatural) and therefore wrong/immoral/wasteful, something condemned or punishable by God which is clearly not the case with something that is Unnatural.

The non-religious person says that if I can perform the act (possibly in nature) with no consequences that it is their right and thus natural to do.

I haven’t really decided if masturbation is Natual or Unnatural but I am leaning toward the belief that masturbation may not be natural because it is unnecessary. One can live their whole life without having sex or masturbating but if someone feels compel to masturbate I certainly wouldn’t label that person wrong or a sinner. Masturbation is a choice, so it would fall into the category of human nature not Natural according to a creator or of being a nature that is Universal.

Last edited:

logician

I haven’t really decided if masturbation is Natual or Unnatural but I am leaning toward the belief that masturbation may not be natural because it is unnecessary. .

2 problems with this, why does something being unnecessary make it unnatural?

And

MAsturbation could be a very necessary outlet for a lot of people.

Darkwater

I like the nakkid body,nothing immoral about that depending upon the laws of the country involved.Movies are better for essential masturbation.

Always take care of your *spanners*,especially the main one.

Love & light

DW

gnomon

These hairs growing out my ear are unnecessary. Now that may be more than anyone wanted to know but I have about three hairs shooting out my left ear. That's unusual but not unnatural. Thought it is annoying.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

And

I guess its not absolutely 100% necessarry..But neither is crying..or laughing..for that matter..It not being "neccessary" doenst mean that its not natural.Or that its not in some cases extremely beneficial or should be part of taking "care" of yourself..I know for men specifically if they arent having regualar sex that masturbation (orgasm) can help reduce risk of prostate cancer..it also helps reduce stress...

And for women...in fact it also reduce stress..and can help ease menstrual cramps..etc..

Love

Dallas

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I guess its not absolutely 100% necessarry..But neither is crying..or laughing..for that matter..It not being "neccessary" doenst mean that its not natural.Or that its not in some cases extremely beneficial or should be part of taking "care" of yourself..I know for men specifically if they arent having regualar sex that masturbation (orgasm) can help reduce risk of prostate cancer..it also helps reduce stress...

And for women...in fact it also reduce stress..and can help ease menstrual cramps..etc..

Love

Dallas

Don't forget if you can't get to sleep at night.......;)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
So could smoking crack, once a person starts smoking crack.

Smoking crack has ZERO health benefits ..quite the reverse..It fry's your brain..

Orgasm is GOOD for your body..and if you do not have a partner..Its HEALTHY for you to masturbate to orgasm..Its GOOD for your brain..

Look it up..health benefits of orgasm..Because thats what we re really talking about here..

Love

Dallas

cardero

Citizen Mod
This would depend on if one believes in a creator and what purpose(s) they intended for their designs. Masturbation seems to be an "open-ended" choice for humans in the designs for sex with procreation becoming a major Natural design (not necessarily a preferrence).

logican writes: And

Again this may be a human personal preferrence or truth and not a universal one. For example, I have never had a doctor perscribe masturbation to cure a illness or diagnose an illness becasue I wasn't masturbating enough.

Sunstone posted a response earlier that explained that masturbation (probably among men) reduces prostrate cancer. I think it would be interesting to see if there could be many other medical or health advantages to masturbation. But as it stands now, I would have to put masturbation in the catagory of a personal pleasant past time or an enjoyable distraction, not a necessary outlet.

Darkwater

Everything depends upon intent.

Natural curiosity goes a long way too.

Is looking at pictures of a crack cocaine addict immoral or educational.I would say educational.

Nakkid pictures are more inspirational,imho.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
What about excersize ya'll?..Is it in fact "natural" and "necessary"??..

Im not going to keel over and die if I dont excersize ..but i will increase my chances of living longer and being healthier..and just feel better in general emotioanlly and physically..

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
This would depend on if one believes in a creator and what purpose(s) they intended for their designs. Masturbation seems to be an "open-ended" choice for humans in the designs for sex with procreation becoming a major Natural design (not necessarily a preferrence).

Again this may be a human personal preferrence or truth and not a universal one. For example, I have never had a doctor perscribe masturbation to cure a illness or diagnose an illness becasue I wasn't masturbating enough.

Sunstone posted a response earlier that explained that masturbation (probably among men) reduces prostrate cancer. I think it would be interesting to see if there could be many other medical or health advantages to masturbation. But as it stands now, I would have to put masturbation in the catagory of a personal pleasant past time or an enjoyable distraction, not a necessary outlet.

Women in fact???..Were stimulated by gynocologist to orgasm to help reduce "anxiety"..It in fact was 'prescribed"....

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Im going to try and find the research ...but gynocologist are the ones that designed the first "modern day" vibrators..It was a "medical" instrument used in the office to cure "hysteria"..

Love

Dallas

cardero

Citizen Mod

Im not going to keel over and die if I dont excersize ..but i will increase my chances of living longer and being healthier..and just feel better in general emotioanlly and physically..

Love

Dallas

Again, a very unclear area with what is natural and what is unnatural. The facts and studies are definately evident about exercise but who hasn't thought about that jogger who is invisible until their car comes around the bend and they later think "Gee, somebody is going to hit that jogger with their car if someone isn't careful."

I will grant you that I believe that masturbation can be considered a legitimate form of exercise. Not only is it a lower body workout but it is also a mindful workout and if one is masturbating to a VHS or DVD, the remote control also helps develop finger coordination.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Women in fact???..Were stimulated by gynocologist to orgasm to help reduce "anxiety"..It in fact was 'prescribed"....

Love

Dallas
I cannot and will not doubt you but I was only speaking from a man's point of view.

There is also an old wife's tale that mother's of infants would also masturbate their children to relive them from crying and to help them relax and sleep but this might be an unacceptable practice in this day and age.

I would love to get a diagnosis from a doctor that perscribed more masturbation in my life. The phone call I would have to make to explain my abscence from work would totally be worth the visit to a doctor's office.

Last edited:

a_student

Orgasm is GOOD for your body..and if you do not have a partner..Its HEALTHY for you to masturbate to orgasm..Its GOOD for your brain..

Look it up..health benefits of orgasm..Because thats what we re really talking about here..

Love

Dallas

Your body has a natural way of getting rid of semen if you are not married. Ever hear of wet dreams? It's ridiculous to think your prostate will explode if you don't masturbate everyday. Masturbation, like many other things can become an addiction. It's a "process" addiction as opposed to a "substance" addiction like crack. In a process addiction, the euphoric feeling, or high, comes from chemicals released into the brain, rather than from an external source. As the mind becomes accustomed to the release of these chemicals, it searches out for continued sources of that high. So, while there are some health benefits to normal orgasm (through intercourse), compulsive masturbating is unhealthy in addition to being immoral.

a_student

Exercise is both natural and necessary. I'm exercising both my brain and my fingers as I type this response. It doesn't have to be going to the gym or sitting in your living room doing squat thrusts as you watch your favorite workout DVD.