• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do the Abrahamic god need/want/demand worship from humans?

Select which of these are true:

• God wants to be worshippped by everyone.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • God needs to be worshipped by everyone.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God demands to be worshipped by everyone.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • God would only accept willing worshippers.

• God don't anything (worship or belief) from humans.

• God don't exist. (To keep the atheists happy :))

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Other.... (explain)

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

sweetpea

If God is our creator why would he create anything less than perfect. If we were perfect why would he need/want/demand anything from us. If God is perfect what would he/she need - what is god lacking that we could give him or her

.lava

Veteran Member
Yes I find that interesting. Islam rewrites Christianity. I wonder how Muslims would react to a new religion rewriting Islam.

what a clummsy statement...if some people did not rewrite Islam there would not be sections in Islam today.

Alla Prima

Islam re-writing Jesus from son of 'God' is like a future religion re-writing Muhammad from the prophet of Allah. One can only imagine the reaction from Muslims.

Andal

resident hypnotist
you're wrong :) check it out...

www.mihr.com

Now I'm confused because while I know a couple of Sufis and they maintain that their tradition is accurate and Qur'anic, I have heard other Muslims say that they have changed the doctrine and are borderline apostate.

Since you are Muslim though, I defer to your knowledge :) Perhaps those who were accusing Sufis were themselves confused.

.lava

Veteran Member
One can only imagine the reaction from Muslims.

you get my reaction everyday to rewritten Islam and Mohammad (PBUH).

btw...what's this topic about again? us? Muslims? Islam? Mohammad SAW? how would Muslim react to this or that?

Alla Prima

from 400.000 fake hadiths, history and commentaries of Qur'an that's written by men who's not chosen by God directly.

and you :D

In other words anything that doesn't fit your rosy picture of Islam is a rewrite. I believe this is referred to as denial.

gnostic

The Lost One
gnostic said:
Do God need worships from humans?

.lava said:

gnostic said:
Do God require humans to worship him?

.lava said:
i know it is strange but i do not understand question.

Thanks for replying to the OP, .lava.

Since Zindagee Rahmaan didn't answer my reply yet, I thought I put my question to you (considering you're both Muslims).

If Allah doesn't need or desire worship, then why do the Qur'an have this verse?

Qur'an 51:56 said:
I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me.
This verse seemed to me, indicate he "want" or "need" humans to worship him, doesn't it?

The other thing is that Yusuf Ali's translation of the same verse, is sightly different.

Qur'an 51:56 said:
I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve Me.

First of, which translation has the correct context?

The Palmers and Rodwell's translations are more similar to the Pickthall's translation.

Because to "serve" and to "worship" doesn't necessarily mean the same thing.

If "serve" is the correct translation or context, then my other question is:

Why would a god require "services" of mankind, if he actually don't need humans?

It sort of contradictory to say God don't need humans, and yet at the same time, say he want people to either "worship" or "serve" him.

Alla Prima

I don't buy the 'God' thing but if I did I'd say he demands to be worshipped cause he's got some nasty things in store for you if you don't comply.