• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in God?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yeah, but they are not from the past, because we can't observe the past. The past is an evil idea from Satan. ;) If you start believing in the past and that the universe is orderly I can explain how evulution makes sense. But only if you accept the evil idea of the past. It has never been proven and thus is not relevant, but evil. ;)
Whatever...I think we're finished...take care bye for now...

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yeah, but they are not from the past, because we can't observe the past. The past is an evil idea from Satan. ;) If you start believing in the past and that the universe is orderly I can explain how evulution makes sense. But only if you accept the evil idea of the past. It has never been proven and thus is not relevant, but evil. ;)
Aren't past, present and future parts of the same "time", please, right?

Right?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Do you believe in God?

Yes, I do believe in G-d, and it is very natural and reasonable, right?
I do know that some or many people who believe God to be physical and or a Spirit, they cannot perceive Him to be the Creator of the Universe, only because they cannot reconcile as to where was/is God?
Is He within the Universe/ or outside the Universe exactly at the same point of time and space?
Right?
It is a conceptual error, G-d is everywhere, inside the Universe/s and outside of them, since He is an attributive Being, not a physical person or spirit, please, right?

Right?

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
believe Math is a form of logic and I believe logic is taught as a Math class. So logically speaking the fact that so many people say that God exists makes it more likely that He does exist.
That's the ad-populum fallacy and it is not logic in my view.

I have 100 percent Faith in God. The world is controlled by Satan so it is confused and does not have any knowledge of the truth. The closer we get to the end the worse things will get. Those who keep their true Faith in God will be rewarded with true Faith and belief in God. That reward will be life forever, in a peaceful and loving world.

moahmd sare

Welcome everyone

Welcome everyone

What makes a person believe that there is no God? Is it an evasion of responsibility, is it due to cultural and technological progress, or is it scientific progress in general?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Welcome everyone

Welcome everyone

What makes a person believe that there is no God? Is it an evasion of responsibility, is it due to cultural and technological progress, or is it scientific progress in general?
Have you studied all the world religions to the depth you might have done for your own - so as to positively eliminate all these other than your own particular beliefs? Is that an evasion of responsibility if not?

Perhaps some of us who are not drawn to any God belief simply have the opportunity to do so without fear of being discriminated against, which might not be the case in many countries, particularly where the religion is more often indoctrinated into children - even if called education.

But mostly perhaps, because the evidence we see as to existence doesn't necessitate the existence of a God, and especially one that had any connection with humans. Given that there are quite reasonable explanations for most things (often coming from science) without there being any God or we are likely to find such explanations in the future and where many of us can live without knowing it all - since this is an aspect of life and the human condition.

moahmd sare

Have you studied all the world religions to the depth you might have done for your own - so as to positively eliminate all these other than your own particular beliefs? Is that an evasion of responsibility if not?

Perhaps some of us who are not drawn to any God belief simply have the opportunity to do so without fear of being discriminated against, which might not be the case in many countries, particularly where the religion is more often indoctrinated into children - even if called education.

But mostly perhaps, because the evidence we see as to existence doesn't necessitate the existence of a God, and especially one that had any connection with humans. Given that there are quite reasonable explanations for most things (often coming from science) without there being any God or we are likely to find such explanations in the future and where many of us can live without knowing it all - since this is an aspect of life and the human condition.
Yes, there are many who do not have the opportunity to believe in the existence of God and embrace a religion due to fear of discrimination against them, or belief in the existence of God may be a strange thing in the place in which they live, and this matter may be unfortunate

Personally, I have not delved into all religions because there are so many of them. I looked at the most widespread religions, such as Christianity, Buddhism, and Islam, and they were the most logical. There are religions that make no sense to begin with, like people who worship the keyboard. I thought it was a joke at first, but it turns out this actually exists.

I mean by evading responsibility, that is, there are many people who do not want to think about the existence of God in order to live as they want and relieve themselves of this matter.

According to science, there are many fixed things in the universe without any change since time immemorial

In the Bible among Christians and the Qur’an among Muslims more broadly, it speaks to the fact that there is a Creator who created this universe with such unchanging precision that if even one simple thing in this order were to change, disasters could occur.

moahmd sare

Do you believe in God?

Yes, I do believe in G-d, and it is very natural and reasonable, right?
I do know that some or many people who believe God to be physical and or a Spirit, they cannot perceive Him to be the Creator of the Universe, only because they cannot reconcile as to where was/is God?
Is He within the Universe/ or outside the Universe exactly at the same point of time and space?
Right?
It is a conceptual error, G-d is everywhere, inside the Universe/s and outside of them, since He is an attributive Being, not a physical person or spirit, please, right?

Right?
Yes, the Qur’an is the only holy book that describes God as not a human being and that there is nothing like Him, material or spiritual, because He is the Creator of everything. The Qur’an says that no human being or creature can comprehend the greatness of God

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Yes, the Qur’an is the only holy book that describes God as not a human being and that there is nothing like Him, material or spiritual, because He is the Creator of everything. The Qur’an says that no human being or creature can comprehend the greatness of God
Perhaps you should read the Bible sometime?

moahmd sare

Perhaps you should read the Bible sometime?
Yes, I knew the Bible said that. I only confirmed that, but the Qur’an emphasized it even more because I am a Muslim. However, I initially had great doubt about the existence of God, even though I belong to a conservative family. However, I didn't believe you or care if you told me about the existence of God, even my father. But I started researching for myself when I was fifteen years old, and I saw that Christianity and Islam were the two religions that made the most sense from my point of view. I am only talking about the fact that God is not distinguished by any created qualities. Even Islam commands belief in the Bible, the Torah, the books revealed by God, and the right hand, and even in Christ and all the prophets, and whoever does not believe in these matters, his faith is not complete.

Clizby Wampuscat

I have noticed that poll's with this kind of question shows that most in this forum who are active are either Atheists or Agnostics. Actual religious people who believe in a God in a religious forum are the minority. It's not strange.

A belief in God is not absolutely due to a particular religion. It could also be based on reason and logic and it has been discussed for a long long time. Yet, it seems to be ignored and a lot of times the cart is shoved before the horse for whatever anti religious argumentation deemed needed.

Belief in God could stem from logical reasoning. Philosophical argumentation. Religions and scriptures are not absolutely necessary. I believe people should go to fundamentals rather than banking on peripherals to kill God. I think that's exactly what Nietzsche said being an Atheist with nihilistic tendencies.

What do you say??
I agree that a belief in god can stem from many different kinds of evidence. However I have never heard of any good evidence for a god's existence.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Yes, there are many who do not have the opportunity to believe in the existence of God and embrace a religion due to fear of discrimination against them, or belief in the existence of God may be a strange thing in the place in which they live, and this matter may be unfortunate

Personally, I have not delved into all religions because there are so many of them. I looked at the most widespread religions, such as Christianity, Buddhism, and Islam, and they were the most logical. There are religions that make no sense to begin with, like people who worship the keyboard. I thought it was a joke at first, but it turns out this actually exists.

I mean by evading responsibility, that is, there are many people who do not want to think about the existence of God in order to live as they want and relieve themselves of this matter.
Some perhaps but many seem to disregard their particular religion when it suits them - as to having enormous wealth or using such to promote their beliefs. And there are many who live by what their religion apparently tells them but who are simply delusional and dangerous - like the Taliban - or those who discriminate against others for various sexual/gender issues, and again most likely because their particular religious text demands such.
According to science, there are many fixed things in the universe without any change since time immemorial

In the Bible among Christians and the Qur’an among Muslims more broadly, it speaks to the fact that there is a Creator who created this universe with such unchanging precision that if even one simple thing in this order were to change, disasters could occur.
The universe is just an unknown really, apart from what science shows us, but it sure is vast - and such a waste if life doesn't exist elsewhere or if any God bothers with us humans given we are but a speck of dust comparably speaking.

Why waste thinking about things that might never be known - rather than on the things that can be known?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
If we were all soulless robots .. but we are not.
Well, perhaps the robots are the ones who accept a particular religious belief handed down to them - although their childhood upbringing might be the largest factor so as to excuse them. :eek:

As to the soul, or spirit - not part of my belief system.