• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you dislike popcorn

mrsk

My daughter hates it, the rest of the fam loves it! She will actually leave the house when we have popcorn.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
To me, popcorn is like styrofoam. It's tasteless and sticks between my teeth. I do like salt and butter, but I can have that without popcorn.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Do you dislike popcorn? My dad asked me a very interesting question the other day - "Do you know anybody who actually dislikes popcorn?" I couldn't think of one person. Not one. So I decided to take this out to a larger audience.

Eibhlin and I love popcorn. We are also allergic to corn, so we can't eat it.

My son, who is not allergic to corn, actually hates not just popcorn, but corn itself.

I've only ever met one person in this country that didn't like corn, and that's my husband's aunt.

Popcorn is very hard to digest and the toughest thing on the lower GI tract, so people with poor digestion or diverticulitis or colitis would be better staying away from it.

Booko

Deviled Hen
To me, popcorn is like styrofoam. It's tasteless and sticks between my teeth. I do like salt and butter, but I can have that without popcorn.

You've probably had yellow popcorn, which does taste like styrofoam. When I could eat popcorn, I only ate white popcorn, which has a better flavour and texture than yellow. Air popped with butter (no salt) was my favorite.

You can find white popcorn in the supermarket, but you'll have to look around a bit. It's with the cheaper bags of yellow stuff and not among the fancy brand name stuff in plastic jars.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So it's really not the taste, but what happens after eating it?
Oh no, I tisn't the taste.
I would eat popcorn all the time if it did not rip my intestines up.
I do not believe that you want the details.
Let me just say that after eating popcorn I have consideral rectal bleeding and the last time I had to have surgery to stop the internal bleeding.

Now to be fair, it is not only popcorn that does this.
But it does suck because I used to love popcorn.

Aqualung

Tasty
Ok, so let's tally it up again. Beckysoup's husband. Booko's son. Mrsk's daughter. And possibly Kungfuzed.

These are the people in this thread who actually dislike popcorn.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Popcorn = awesomeness

I like to melt peanut butter over it and mix in cinnamon and honey roasted peanuts! YUM!

Booko

Deviled Hen
Oh no, I tisn't the taste.
I would eat popcorn all the time if it did not rip my intestines up.
I do not believe that you want the details.

My business partner used to have Krohn's. No, you do NOT want the details.

Now to be fair, it is not only popcorn that does this.
But it does suck because I used to love popcorn.

I take it nuts are a no-no too?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
My business partner used to have Krohn's. No, you do NOT want the details.

I take it nuts are a no-no too?
Nuts
Peppers
Most meats
Tomatoes
any spicey food
dairy products
anything fried
citric acid
anything with citric acid

And since i am also a diabetic there goes sugar....:sad4:

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
Do you dislike it, then, or are you just rather neutral?
I dislike it. It's messy and sticks to my teeth and the butter gets all over my hands and around my mouth and my lap gets covered in popcorn. I need to keep a shop vac handy if I ever eat a bag of popcorn. Same thing goes for potato chips. I don't like potato chips, but I like Doritos and Cheetos in small doses, only because of the cheese. You could actually keep the chips and popcorn and corn puffs and just give me a bag of powdered cheese and I'd be fine with that.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I'm weird. I hate and have always hated potato chips. They are greasy and smell yucky to me. I also hate Cheetos, they make me sick.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Nuts
Peppers
Most meats
Tomatoes
any spicey food
dairy products
anything fried
citric acid
anything with citric acid

And since i am also a diabetic there goes sugar....:sad4:

Yeah, anything with citric acid is off my menu too. It's usually made from corn.

You do okay with fresh veggies, though? My business partner had to go off them for quite a while in order to let things heal up. She could eat meat in smaller amounts, though more fish than anything. Well, fish is safer for her on other counts anyway.

Booko

Deviled Hen
I'm weird. I hate and have always hated potato chips. They are greasy and smell yucky to me.

I never liked potato chips either. It turned out some of the oils they used gave me an upset stomach. Especially cottonseed oil.

I eat Kettle Chips now, or reduced fat Cape Cod. I especially like Kettle Chips. They taste like potatoes, not grease, and they use healthy oils that I can actually digest.

I also hate Cheetos, they make me sick.

Cheetos are not actually food. They are packing peanuts that escaped from Mailboxes, Etc. during the Halloween season.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
I hate the stuff, it tastes awful and I find it hidden between teeth hours later, can't stand it, makes me wanna yack. I also hate proper corn with a passion.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
No, I love popcorn!

I actually have one of those microwave popper things, but I've only used it to make popcorn for the chickens and horses.

Dr. Nosophoros

Kettle corn, but you have to have the salt as well as the sugar, some make it without the salt but that isn't kettle corn to me, you have to have the salt to contrast. If you don't like popcorn, see a doctor, there is something wrong with you.
I like to grill quite a bit and to me corn on the cob is best cooked straight on the grill, don't husk it just pick and throw it on the grill intact, turn as necessary to your taste.