• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you feel part of the RF community?

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
FeathersinHair said:
Anything I say is just going to be tears right now.
Ack! :( I'm really sorry you're feeling so low right now, and I hope you'll be okay.

(I don't know whether anything I've said or done has been a cause of this, but I want you to know that I really admire the genuine warmth and clarity you bring to these forums, both as a person and as a moderator)

Buttercup said:
If you have the time to spare....it would be great to see you more often. I have always noticed and enjoyed your posts. And stop thinking so much.....surely those 100 posts deleted are a sign of being too hard on yourself. Relax, we're a friendly bunch here. :)
Thank you. That you said that really means a great deal to me. *smiles*

Buttercup said:
I still think people take frubals too seriously.
I actually agree, though it can be very easy to measure your perceived 'worth' by the amount you have. (At least, it is for me)

Oh, and double yaydles for off-topic-goodness! :p

Buttercup

Veteran Member
CDRaider said:
Now now children....am I going to have to seperate you?
:D

Sorry, Bearskin....you started a great thread and us morons (especially Standing Alone) are messing it up. See what fun you can have if you post more?

Onward to topic! :)

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
Buttercup said:
Sorry, Bearskin....you started a great thread and us morons (especially Standing Alone) are messing it up. See what fun you can have if you post more?
There's nothing to apologise for! At the very least it's made this thread look far more impressive in numbers of posts, as long as people don't actually, y'know, try to read them... ;)

Besides, I find the concept of 'off-topicness' prime fodder for another discussion... *wonders off merrily*

d.

_______
Godlike said:
the Admins, Mods and Uber Members are all lovey-dovey and fruballing each other like crazy for simply being on here but when someone has something genuine to say that is actually meaningful they get jack-squat.

:rolleyes::eek:

Trey of Diamonds

I like the site and I think the people are welcoming. Being a part of the community then becomes the choice of the individual rather than the community itself.

(Although I still have no idea how the frubals, medals, etc work. I kind of ignore them to tell the truth.)

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Part of what makes a person truely a part of a community, even an online one, is the willingness to accept that not everybody may care about what you have to say, or like what you have to say, or even like you personally, and still manage to have something kind to say to them.
Part of that "clique" thing that people talk about is really a lot of bullcrap - anybody can be friends with the more "popular" members like Phil, SA, Buttercup and Feathers, but you've got to put in an effort to be friends. If you wallow in your own misery and believe that you will never be or can't be part of the "popular" crowd, well, then you won't. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

Now, I on the other hand got right to brownnosing and making jokes the second I signed up... :D

d.

_______
MaddLlama said:
Now, I on the other hand got right to brownnosing and making jokes the second I signed up... :D

i send phil gifts regularly, as a kind of 'friend tax'. he bullies me into it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
divine said:
i send phil gifts regularly, as a kind of 'friend tax'. he bullies me into it.

Wait a minute! I thought I was sending you gifts as a friend tax?!?!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
MaddLlama said:
Part of that "clique" thing that people talk about is really a lot of bullcrap - anybody can be friends with the more "popular" members like Phil, SA, Buttercup and Feathers, but you've got to put in an effort to be friends.
You know what? I've decided that it doesn't matter whether you're in high school or on an online forum -- there are going to be cliques. You might just as well get used to it.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Godlike said:
I voted no. I came here hoping to find some relatively enlightened people to share things positively with, but despite the occasional moment of brilliance where you make a connexion, there is too much disagreement. It distresses me.
As I recall, you and I agreed on the concept of mankind being able to attain divinity within a day or so of your starting to post. There aren't a ton of posts I remember whenever I see that a particular person has posted, but I remember our discussion whenever I see your name.

...the Admins, Mods and Uber Members are all lovey-dovey and fruballing each other like crazy for simply being on here but when someone has something genuine to say that is actually meaningful they get jack-squat

In short, the failing of this forum is the failing of every other: a "clique" forms that excludes the non-"elite" from any sense of true community. It leaves you wondering how it is only a matter of time before you crack and tell them to ****-off or something.
I think you've got a point. Your feelings are more exaggerated than mine, but do see where you're coming from. I've been on enough forums in the last ten years to know a good one when I see one, though, and this one's definitely more tolerant than most. The LDS posters are beat up so bad on most forums, it's not even funny. Here, I feel that I am respected as a person by pagans, Muslims, and even some of the atheists, and I have come to respect them -- and even to frubal them :D when they have "something genuine to say that is actually meaningful."

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Katzpur said:
You know what? I've decided that it doesn't matter whether you're in high school or on an online forum -- there are going to be cliques. You might just as well get used to it.

Which is one reason why I give out as little info about myself as possible . :) Truth is , I get some type of demented joy when people think that i am half my actual age .... lol