• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you feel part of the RF community?

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

CDRaider

kreeden said:
Which is one reason why I give out as little info about myself as possible . :) Truth is , I get some type of demented joy when people think that i am half my actual age .... lol

Mine is the other way around, when people realize how 'young' i am they chalk up my opnion being different from thier's as being because i have 'experience in life' and that i can't possibly know anything.

I think thats why i like this forum, for the most part, i have NO IDEA how old anyone is here and for that matter i dont' even know the sex of half the people here which helps to take fully into account what they say.

Half the time when someone says something i read the post and then have to scroll up to see what religioin that were. :D

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
kreeden said:
Which is one reason why I give out as little info about myself as possible . :) Truth is , I get some type of demented joy when people think that i am half my actual age .... lol
Yeah, well I bet I'm older than you. I'm 58. Just tell me if I'm right or wrong.

Hacker

Katzpur said:
I voted "yes" and for the most part, that's true. Much of the time I feel very much a part of the community. Occasionally, however, I feel like I'm an outsider. But that's kind of the way it is with me in "real life," too.
Well, now I don't have to respond because this is exactly how I feel.

Pah

Uber all member
Katzpur said:
Yeah, well I bet I'm older than you. I'm 58. Just tell me if I'm right or wrong.
I think he is older - and I'm older too but not as good looking as you or kreeden

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Sorry Pah , but not quite . Close though . I'm 51 . :)

But I think that you are half right on the second part . We are not as good looking as Katz . :)

But the point of my post was that not knowing a person's age , or other factors that often limit our social standings , is kinda cool . There are no dress codes . No material standards what-so-ever . Young people , like CDRaider and others , can have their views heard with as much respect as an old fool like me , perhaps more ? Spelling and grammer becomes the only social tool . { other then the logic behind the post }.

lizskid

BANNED
I feel a part of the community mostly. Part of that is due to how I approached it from the beginning. I missed the social part from my old forum, and have stuck to mostly those areas, so I interact more on a personal level, I guess. I go to other areas also, but, being new, I am trying to "get the lay of the land" with personalities, etc. I think when you do that, you find people with similar opinions, humors, etc., and then foster those through PMs etc. As to the frubals, those are nice, but, as Buttercup said, are often a form of communication rather than "rating" or whatever. It's another way of making connections, as I see it. However, if your comfort level is not doing the social things, then I think that is fine! I have just observed that the cliques, if you want to call them that, are merely people who know each other better(do I wish I could be part of those friendships? Sure! but that is not always possible when people have a history, you just forge new ones.), not feeling they are better. Sometimes, forums have trends in them, and I'm sure this one has once in a while, where there is more or less cohesiveness, and that's just part of the deal.

I hope everyone feels a part of it eventually, as they find their level of comfort in participation. It is not always easy to do so!

Yerda

Veteran Member
Although there is no-one here I dislike at all, I wouldn't say there many I'd call friends. I don't feel part of a community here. I'd like to, but I don't tend to develop a sense of belonging with anyone other than the group that comprises my closest friends.