• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you KNOW God does not exist?

Do you KNOW God does Not exist?

• Yes, I know He does not exist

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • No, I do not know He does not exist

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • No, I believe He exists

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • No, I believe He does not exist

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Yes. I know He does exists

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
No subjective views cancel each other out as soon as one person hold a different view. Person A thinks a painting is beautiful, Person B disagrees. Thus truth is relative which is useless.

Subjective Truth is relative. One person loves Van Gogh's "Starry Night", but another hates it; yet the stars in the sky that inspired it are still there for one and all. The gravity that holds the universe together works for both.

Shad

Veteran Member
Subjective Truth is relative. One person loves Van Gogh's "Starry Night", but another hates it; yet the stars in the sky that inspired it are still there for one and all. The gravity that holds the universe together works for both.

Truth is a word which becomes meaningless as soon as a consensus and subjective views are included. It changes form based on the person or subject. Once this happens various forms of truth begin cancelling each other out. Objective truth renders many subjective views false. Thus subjective beliefs become unreliable claims of truth but not defacto truth. Beliefs must be defended or the truth value is of little concern.

Gravity is not subjective, your comparison is flawed. No amount of subjective beliefs change gravity where as a subject truth will change a view of a painting once communicated. As I said two opposite claims of truth which can not be substantiated cancel each other out.

OurCreed

There is no God but Allah
Well so far, the 15 people who voted that they KNOW for sure that God does not exist are lying.

So 28.3% of the people who voted so far we KNOW for sure are lying.

The concept of God is beyond the universe, the only way to 100% know whether 'something' exists beyond our universe is to actually go there and find out, which none of us have. Arguing with me will prove futile, you cannot know for certain of something that is beyond the realm of our reality.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Well so far, the 15 people who voted that they KNOW for sure that God does not exist are lying.

The concept of God is beyond the universe, the only way to 100% know whether 'something' exists beyond our universe is to actually go there and find out, which none of us have. Arguing with me will prove futile, you cannot know for certain of something that is beyond the realm of our reality.
No, not really. Knowledge does not need such certainty. A claim that can not be evidenced can still be rejected out of hand. I don't need to search the universe, if such a being exists show me?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Same old question from an old questioner:
We know that it's a gigantic universe,
that is perched in a gigantic Cosmos.
And we 'know' that we don't 'know'.
But the larger question is still,
why does it hide,
where is this 'god' of yours ?
~
'mud

Thief

Rogue Theologian
And some can claim they have a truth that they can not prove. It is a great exercise in rhetoric but meaningless once the sophistry is exposed.

Example....the parables of the Carpenter....as truth.
No proving required....just your understanding.

Meaningless rhetoric?.....I think not.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Same old question from an old questioner:
We know that it's a gigantic universe,
that is perched in a gigantic Cosmos.
And we 'know' that we don't 'know'.
But the larger question is still,
why does it hide,
where is this 'god' of yours ?
~
'mud

None so blind as those who will not see.

You can do this....yes you can.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
When that last hour comes, I won't care.
Just give me a pain killer and let me go.
Memories of me will have to persist after that time.
But.....you may persist in your beliefs,
no-one will ever know the difference, including you.
~
'mud

Blastcat

Beauty is Truth, but beauty is also subjective.

Whereas our internal response to such thing we call beautiful is subjective, reality itself isn't internal nor subjective.

Please, do me a favor, blow my brains out and put me out of my misery. My head is bloody from this brick wall already. Truth doesn't matter here, only being strong on the other side.

Truth doesn't matter to you.
We got that.
We can't take anything you say as true.

TO SOME people, however, the truth DOES matter.
You make yourself completely irrelevant to them.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Well, I kind of agree. In a sense the label atheist seems to concede that there is something to be taken so seriously to deserve a label against it. For instance, people would laugh if I declared myself a-fairist or a-bigfootist, even though God and fairies have the same objective evidence of existing, and therefore share the same epistemological status with God.

Alas, as long as so many people believe in Jesus and not fairies, I don't see how we can renounce that label. For sure, it makes it clear hat we do not belong to that club by means of just one short simple word.

Ciao

- viole
The trouble with looking at the term atheist as only a label is that all other terms are then comparable: those people giving up Jesus are just surrendering a label "theist." It trivializes theism. But it's not like they actually believed anything--everyone is closetly atheist.

Blastcat

The trouble with looking at the term atheist as only a label is that all other terms are then comparable: those people giving up Jesus are just surrendering a label "theist." It trivializes theism. But it's not like they actually believed anything--everyone is closetly atheist.

Well of course not. Many people really do believe.
What they BELIEVE in might not be real.. but they still believe it.

And for the record, I don't think you CAN read the minds of every believer and know better than they what they believe or not.
I take them pretty much on their word.

I used to believe. I wasn't pretending that. What I was PRETENDING is that what I believe in was real.
Once I realized that what I was believing in wasn't real in any way.. THEN I stopped believing.

But that took me a while.
The belief was STRONGLY embedded.

outhouse

Atheistically
The concept of God is beyond the universe

False.

The concept of god was created by man, and only man wrote about the concept when they explained their ignorance with mythology.

Arguing with me will prove futile,

Many people have severely closed minds beyond what they think they know.

, you cannot know for certain of something that is beyond the realm of our reality.

There you go making unsubstantiated rhetorical claims YOU cannot back up. Why be hypocritical??

How do you know something exist beyond our reality?? mythology much dude?

Now having actually studied this in detail, and actually knowing how previous civilizations created deities in mythology, I see exactly how man created their multiple deities in pre Israelite cultures that evolved into Israelites. I then see how only man combined two gods into one god through mythology and political decisions. Later we see the same kind of political DECISION give this man made god a son. Then a later warrior who spread his religion with a sword plagiarized the previous religions redefining the concept yet again.

Don't blame us because you don't have the knowledge to debate the topic with any credibility while being hypocritical about who is telling the truth, you have NO concept of what the truth actually is here to make your rhetorical and unsubstantiated claims.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Well, the poll does not say "for sure". You can perfectly know things without being dead sure about them.

What do you know "for sure", otherwise?

Ciao

- viole

Blastcat

Oh.. your logic is so flawed as to be laughable.

You based your argument on your opinion that 15 people lied.
You offer NO justification for that assertion, NO reasoning, NO data, no proof, no evidence, NOTHING.

So, right there.. your argument fails. Your logic fails, your THINKING FAILS.
WHY go one?

But wait, there is more.. you like NUMBERS....

You made a PERCENTAGE... of people who are liars. WOW.. as if that proved anything.
This is utterly ridiculous. It means nothing. The number means nothing, I'm not going to talk about your math, which I wont accept as accurate, because of your other faulty thinking. Why not say a 100% or people who don't agree with you are all just liars?

THEN you go on to state.. ( Not prove, not give evidence for, not give any reason or justification for... just state ) That the CONCEPT of god is OUTSIDE of the universe.

You do know that concepts are human thoughts, right? Humans are generally INSIDE the universe, right? What a nonsensical thing to say that the CONCEPT of god is outside of where the humans can be.

NOT TO MENTION ... did you go "outside" of the universe to VERIFY your claim? How you can IMAGINE that you "know" what might or might not be "OUTSIDE" of the universe is an AMAZING demonstration of bad thinking.

Of COURSE you don't know anything ABOUT what you're claiming here. This is babbling, this is NONSENSE.
Try to think better next time.

THEN you say that the only way we can know 100% either way if this CONCEPT exists outside of the universe IS IF WE GO THERE.. wow. You SHOOT yourself right in the foot, contradicting yourself, and you seem absolutely OBLIVIOUS to it.

You didn't go there.. so you can't say anything about it. Just like anyone else. So, STOP telling us about it. You don't know anything about it, you never went there. You CANT go there.

OF COURSE arguing with you is futile. You don't THINK well enough for us to argue your point.

All I can say at this time is that your POINT is futile.
Due to very bad thinking. :(

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Well, I kind of agree. In a sense the label atheist seems to concede that there is something to be taken so seriously to deserve a label against it. For instance, people would laugh if I declared myself a-fairist or a-bigfootist, even though God and fairies have the same objective evidence of existing, and therefore share the same epistemological status with God.

Alas, as long as so many people believe in Jesus and not fairies, I don't see how we can renounce that label. For sure, it makes it clear hat we do not belong to that club by means of just one short simple word.

Ciao

- viole
Bigfoot isn't a belief. It would have to be a different word. I guess you could say "abigfootist" or "without belief in bigfoot".