• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Know Why You Don't Believe?

Super Universe

Defender of God
Why do you assume that this is why people don't believe in god? How can I be upset with something that doesn't exist? How can I feel that something that doesn't exist hasn't done enough for me?

Okay, try this... If you were face to face with God, what would you say?

Go ahead. Hold nothing back, give it to Him.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Accept what answer? No evidence? There is evidence. There is so much evidence that you could never, ever, hope to travel to all of it.

But you want me to say "It all means nothing to me".

Nanda

Polyanna
Yes. Really...

I wasn't asking you, that's what I would say to a god. Then I suppose I'd thank him for setting everything into motion, not that it would matter, but it would seem the polite thing to do. If there were a god, I don't think it would care whether I approved or not anyway, so what is there to get your knickers in a twist about? Ce la vie.

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
You are losing me. Are you suggesting that a human and an animal are from different universes?

No. I'm just saying there are other things within the universe we can compare to each other to get an idea of how things could be. Using our imaginations, like you did, works too.

But then, humans would be like ascended beings. Already knowing good from evil and always choosing good. Already immortal and born all knowing. God would have no reason for the universe to exist.

If a god does exist, it really has no reason for the universe to exist anyway. Unless it needs something to experience it in order for itself to exist. Or god was bored.

The universe was designed to be a learning experience. Not a perfect learning experience.

This is one interpritation of the perpose of life. Mine is that there is no inherent perpose for anything.