• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Know Why You Don't Believe?

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I have more evidence than you do. You have nothing to support your claim that God didn't create it. Where's your real proof of anything? How about it?

Where is it?!?!?! How many times do we have to ask and never once have you given a shred of evidence so no you have less evidence than me as you have none at all stop pretending you do.
How logical is disbelieving in something that can be proven? You just have to... understand it. Hmm, understand? Figure it out? Kind of sounds like the way the rest of the universe works, doesn't it?

Until then, you won't believe because... you can't.
I guess you can't accept reality oh well, maybe one day you will be able to accept it but just now you obviously don't have the ability to accept it. Maybe once you have grown and learn something about the universe you will be able to understand it, until then you won't.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Except when it isn't.

[/size] In that case your proof is missing a step. 1. The universe exists. 2. ____________ 3. Therefore, God exists.
That would be you. Why don't you believe in all the other Gods? Why don't you believe in fairies, or unicorns, or the invisible dragon in my garage? It's not that I believe something without proof, it's that I don't believe in something (God) without evidence.

Except when it isn't? Why do you think the universe should abide by your expectations of what things should be like or what things should happen?

Why don't I believe in all the other gods? What other gods?

Why don't I believe in fairies, unicorns, and invisible dragons? You never know...

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
If your god can evolve that means he/she/it wasn't perfect in the first place,which means he/she/it isn't a god.
1) Perfection is not a prerequisite for all God concepts

2) Perfection, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Would you be satisfied with mere evidence?
eiffel-tower-picture.jpg

Notice any difference between that and your picture of God? Here, want some more?

396px-Lightning_striking_the_Eiffel_Tower_-_NOAA.jpg

58546-do-you-know-why-you-dont-59.html

Evidence? Uhh, well which one is it? The first one, the second one, the third one with the little red X?

Why doesn't it always look the same? How is it possible that it changes? Is it a changeling or some other mythological thing?

I don't understand how you can believe in something that is never exactly the same?

Super Universe

Defender of God
I have never observed an intelligence without a brain, have you? I think natural laws and processes explain most of it, and look forward to learning about the rest.

Yes. I think atoms joining together is pretty darned intelligent but I wouldn't consider it having a brain.

I think plants sensing the suns rays is pretty darned intelligent, not sure if there's some part of a plant that you would call the brain though.

Matter changing into energy is quite intelligent, so much that we are still trying to understand it.

Rain is pretty darned intelligent. Sunshine. Night and day. The sun and moon.

Super Universe

Defender of God
So you're claiming that these things are God?

= God?
So God = everything? Or the first cause, which?

No, Super, it's your definition. I imposed no requirements, just asked you to define your terms. So God is the first cause, and people talking in a crowded bar, and can be perceived as a picture of nothing, and can be perceived with the senses?

If God = everything, then why need a word for God?

I can see children. Can I see God, apart from children?

Yes, these things are God.

God = everything? Yep.

First Cause is one definition of God. One of an inumerable amount.

If God is everything then why need a word for God? So you know what I'm talking about. If I chose the title of this thread to be "Do you know why you don't believe in everything" the meaning would be different.

Can you see God apart from children. Yes, look at a flower instead.

Super Universe

Defender of God
That's not what you said. You said I can't do it. That's O.K., nature did it for me. I don't "believe in" things. I accept what science shows. I don't think we know yet how abiogenesis works, so I don't know how life came to be. That's O.K. with me. I'm fine with "I don't know.' I think that's much better than making stuff up.

[/size] Pardon? I'm sorry, I'm not a cosmology expert. Whatever. This had nothing to do with multiverse theory.

How about if you give us all a break and stop making unsupported assertions, O.K.?

Nature caused life to form? Okay, I'll accept that you wish to use the word Nature instead of God.

How about you stop giving orders as if anyone is ever going to follow them anyway?
You're not in charge. You don't make the rules.

Settle down and just debate.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Where is it?!?!?! How many times do we have to ask and never once have you given a shred of evidence so no you have less evidence than me as you have none at all stop pretending you do.
[/size]
I guess you can't accept reality oh well, maybe one day you will be able to accept it but just now you obviously don't have the ability to accept it. Maybe once you have grown and learn something about the universe you will be able to understand it, until then you won't.

Where's my evidence? Nope, not till you show me yours, and I hope it's more than a picture this time.

Maybe you should learn something about the universe, like maybe, how particles invent physical laws. Yeah, go figure that one out.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I have more evidence than you do. You have nothing to support your claim that God didn't create it. Where's your real proof of anything? How about it?
Well bring it forth then. All you've said so far is, "The universe exists; therefore God." As I said, your syllogism is missing a step or two.

How logical is disbelieving in something that can be proven?
Completely logical, if it hasn't been.
You just have to... understand it. Hmm, understand? Figure it out? Kind of sounds like the way the rest of the universe works, doesn't it?
Oh, I see, if we disagree with you, it's because we don't have your understanding. O.K., explain it to us then. And don't forget to support those assertions, Super.

Until then, you won't believe because... you can't.
I sure can't. I can't make myself believe in things without evidence. Can you?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Except when it isn't?
Except when what isn't what?
Why do you think the universe should abide by your expectations of what things should be like or what things should happen?
What are you talking about? What did I say that caused you to conclude this is my view?

Why don't I believe in all the other gods? What other gods?
You mean you believe in all the Gods? In Thor and Vishnu and Vahagiru and Osiris,Huitzilopochtli , Danu, Demeter, Ahsonnutli and Odin?

Why don't I believe in fairies, unicorns, and invisible dragons? You never know...
Well that explains a lot.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Well bring it forth then. All you've said so far is, "The universe exists; therefore God." As I said, your syllogism is missing a step or two.

[/size] Completely logical, if it hasn't been. Oh, I see, if we disagree with you, it's because we don't have your understanding. O.K., explain it to us then. And don't forget to support those assertions, Super.

I sure can't. I can't make myself believe in things without evidence. Can you?

My evidence is not just the universe, as if that isn't enough, it's the earth, and life. Once again, yours is?

I've explained enough, go back and start from the beginning.

You believe in many other things without evidence for them. So why don't you believe in God? What is it that are you afraid of?

Super Universe

Defender of God
You mean this:

O.K., if you think you posted a picture of something, that explains completely why you also think you have evidence of the existence of God.

I didn't say I had the evidence for God. I just asked "Do you know why you don't believe".

Something you haven't yet answered.