• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you love God?

F1fan

Veteran Member
what do you mean? i do not understand
You asked if we love God, and it's fair to ask what you mean by "God". It isn't any one thing, so quite an arbitrary question.

Do I love the Tooth Fairy? No, as I can't see how anyone can loive imaginary characters, or abstratctions of any type. To my mind we can only love actual beings that can engage with us independently of our minds. God is compeletely dependent on the human mind. Disagree? Give examples of any God that exists independently of a human mind.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
You asked if we love God, and it's fair to ask what you mean by "God". It isn't any one thing, so quite an arbitrary question.

Do I love the Tooth Fairy? No, as I can't see how anyone can loive imaginary characters, or abstratctions of any type. To my mind we can only love actual beings that can engage with us independently of our minds. God is compeletely dependent on the human mind. Disagree? Give examples of any God that exists independently of a human mind.
God is a conscious spirit and force

This tread is not about if God exist or not

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I try to. One of Meher Baba's three major prayers is:

Help us all to love you more and more and still yet more until we become worthy of union with you. And help us all to hold fast to Baba's daaman (as a child hold's her mother's skirt) until the very end.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I love God very much

Do you love God?
if god is love and light, then i love love and light. but those dead, in darkness, not awake haven't seen the light of love yet.

no one lights a candle and hides it under a basket, let your love light shine before men..............

revelation 22:4
And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

Tamino

The God you believe in
"Believe in" is an imprecise description in my case, but the distinction does not matter here.

The answer is: Only some.
I love Hathor and Nut, I adore Ra, I really like Upuaut. There's a few more that are close to my heart.

Others are cool, but I don't really have close relationship, or they're kinda scary, or I'm pretty indifferent.

freelight

Soul Pioneer
I love God very much

Do you love God?

If 'God' is the essence of all love, light, life, power and reality itself, then by recognition and realization of this self-cognizing and actualizing PRESENCE, it is self affirming in the positive :) I AM :) - in this context of omnipresence, 'God' sources all, permeates all, encompasses all to infinity; - to love 'God' is to love LIFE and all its qualities/attributes thru-out creation.

~*~*~