• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you support marriage rights for homosexuals?

Do you support marriage rights for homosexuals?

• Yes

Votes: 99 83.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • I don't know/Other

Votes: 8 6.7%

• Total voters

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Like I said,
fulfill prophesy

The Lord said this place would turn into Sodom

Fire and Brimstone baby :p
I remember the Bible saying some stuff about the Golden Rule, too. Would you want people telling you that you can't marry the person you love?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Like I said,
fulfill prophesy

The Lord said this place would turn into Sodom

Fire and Brimstone baby :p

The bible mentions nothing at all about homosexuality being the sin of Sodom. Please don't use the "bring the men out so that we may know them" tired old argument. The sin of Sodom was one of inhospitality; hospitality and sheltering others in such a harsh land was an absolute duty. Inhospitality was the most egregious act. And that's what Sodom did... refused hospitality to strangers and treated them badly.

That's where the "bring the men out so that we may know them" nonsense comes from. It was a case of simple debauchery, gang rape and violence. If the citizens of Sodom were homosexual, where did the whole population come from? If Lot knew the citizens to be homosexual why would he offer his daughters? C'mon, we can do better than that.

Sodom and Gomorrah and two of the other five cities were destroyed by the fragments of an asteroid/comet that struck western Europe. Sumerian astronomers left a clay tablet citing the date and trajectory of the object. That it landed in western Europe and rained down on the Middle East is entirely plausible... which direction do prevailing winds and weather come from in the northern hemisphere... ? The west.

OnPower

The bible mentions nothing at all about homosexuality being the sin of Sodom. Please don't use the "bring the men out so that we may know them" tired old argument. The sin of Sodom was one of inhospitality; hospitality and sheltering others in such a harsh land was an absolute duty. Inhospitality was the most egregious act. And that's what Sodom did... refused hospitality to strangers and treated them badly.

That's where the "bring the men out so that we may know them" nonsense comes from. It was a case of simple debauchery, gang rape and violence. If the citizens of Sodom were homosexual, where did the whole population come from? If Lot knew the citizens to be homosexual why would he offer his daughters? C'mon, we can do better than that.

Sodom and Gomorrah and two of the other five cities were destroyed by the fragments of an asteroid/comet that struck western Europe. Sumerian astronomers left a clay tablet citing the date and trajectory of the object. That it landed in western Europe and rained down on the Middle East is entirely plausible... which direction do prevailing winds and weather come from in the northern hemisphere... ? The west.

ya sure

just do a study on the word "sodom" or
natural use or
effeminate
abusers of themselves

the word homo did not exist

neither did computer:clap

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
the word homo did not exist

Thank you. You've made my point. :clap Now, try reading the original Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic for the context and original words used.

waitasec

Veteran Member
well first prove "golden rule"
luke 6

7 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.