• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you want the Ukrainian War to end today?

Do you want the war to end today?

• Yes, I want the war to end today, no matter who wins it

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • No, I want the war to end when Russia is defeated.

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • No, I want the war to end when Ukraine is defeated

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No, I want the war to continue and evolve into a world war.

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The US buying oil from countries where women are treated like garbage...
that is good and holy...au contraire?

Look...monsieur....double standards, doublestandardism is something I don't tolerate. I really detest it.

Please...I had already told you that.
It makes me feel ill.
"whataboutism" is what makes me vommit.

Secondly it's not even a correct comparison. It's not about how they treat their own citizens. It's about how trustworthy they are as a business partner.

But since you brought it up, yes, I am of the opinion that we shouldn't do business with any thugs. And we need to stop running on fossil fuels anyway.
So yeah, transitioning to energy sources where we don't need to buy black gold or gas from anyone - thugs in particular, yep... all for it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The United States are the masters of doublestandardism.
Always with the whataboutism.
When the Russian threat is mentioned,
diversion to demonize USA.
Always tap dancing around the issue.
For the love of Putin & Mother Russia.
For Christendom & its old fire & brimstone ways.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Always with the whataboutism.
When the Russian threat is mentioned,
diversion to demonize USA.
Always tap dancing around the issue.
For the love of Putin & Mother Russia.
For Christendom & its old fire & brimstone ways.

Russia is more americanized than Europe. You should visit Moscow. ;)
It wasn't Russia who did Nine Eleven. ;)

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
"whataboutism" is what makes me vommit.
Whataboutism is not a thing.

If we legitimize whataboutism, cops can drive on sidewalks and on bike lanes, and prevent civilians from driving on sidewalks.
If someone protests pointing at the fact they do the same thing, the cops will be allowed to say "that's whatboutism".

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
So say its practitioners.
Do you know who is benefitting from this war in Europe?
Only a category: white nationalists. They re glad because so many Ukrainians are migrating to Western Europe and they welcome them because they are white and Christians. They think Europe needs white Christians migrants to survive.

;)

Heyo

Veteran Member
Here's a EU Commission paper from 2008 which explicitely discusses concerns of how this pipeline would give an unpredictable Russia significant leverage over EU energy supplies.

There's a lot in there, but for example there are many points like the following:

Russia’s inclination to put pressure on its neighbours in times of crisis cannot be ruled out as Russia has previously resorted to this practice – even against EU and NATO members. Factors of inertia against abuse exist, but Nord Stream facilitates Russia’s ability to use energy supplies as a foreign policy lever. Even the slightest risk of having supplies cut for political or other reasons by definition moves the project into the security realm also for the EU

So these concerns were very much present. A significant amount of people were against these nord stream projects for exactly this reason.
The predictions in papers such as these have proven to be spot on.
Yes, those were European concerns but in Germany they stood far behind the ecological concerns. And there were concerns also about Germany having struck that deal. Poland especially would have favoured a land pipeline - which they would have control over. Here, Putin was seen as a ruthless criminal but as rational and dependable.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Only a category: white nationalists. They re glad because so many Ukrainians are migrating to Western Europe and they welcome them because they are white and Christians. They think Europe needs white Christians migrants to survive.
Very creative whataboutism.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Like the sun, flowing water, wind.

Gas is most needed for heating of houses and buildings, and there's not enough infrastructure for alternatives.
Gas is the cleanest fossil fuel, better than oil or coal. That makes it an ideal transition power source until we have near 100% renewables.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Only a category: white nationalists.
Russians are notoriously racists.

They re glad because so many Ukrainians are migrating to Western Europe and they welcome them because they are white and Christians. They think Europe needs white Christians migrants to survive.
Are you confusing the Ukrainians who ran for their lives due to the Russian invasion to other countries as migrants?

I haven’t heard anything about white nationalists being a majority or a problem for those seeking safety. No doubt white nationalists all over the world are a threat to their societies as we see in the USA.

Do you think white nationalists are correct in their views?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Russians are notoriously racists.
Very.
Are you confusing the Ukrainians who ran for their lives due to the Russian invasion to other countries as migrants?

I haven’t heard anything about white nationalists being a majority or a problem for those seeking safety. No doubt white nationalists all over the world are a threat to their societies as we see in the USA.

Do you think white nationalists are correct in their views?
I am speaking of the Ukrainians who are fleeing their country because they don't want to fight for that president's sake.
Here the numbers. Are they few people...?

_127831269_refugee_flow_map_29_november_english_640-nc.png

F1fan

Veteran Member
Yet you are oddly sympathetic to them.

I am speaking of the Ukrainians who are fleeing their country because they don't want to fight for that president's sake.
Here the numbers. Are they few people...?

_127831269_refugee_flow_map_29_november_english_640-nc.png
Many of these people were elderly or had children. As I recall the early months of the invasion were uncertain and people feared the worst. Don’t ignore the many stories of citizens being raped and murdered by Russian soldiers. With Putin ordering missile strikes on shopping centers, transportation hubs, and apartment buildings why would mothers stay? Putin is deemed a war criminal as a result.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Close to an end?
I would like you to inform your fellow Americans, that there will never be a WW3 on European soil...
so tell them to give up...and to think of something else.
;)
Merci.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I would like you to inform your fellow Americans, that there will never be a WW3 on European soil...
so tell them to give up...and to think of something else.
It's delusional to believe that USA intends
WW3 in Europe or anywhere.
Of course, I know the reason for posting
the claim....it's to distract from criticizing
Putin's invasion of & war crimes in Ukraine.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's delusional to believe that USA intends
WW3 in Europe or anywhere.
The last one was fought in Europe...mainly...
so...
Of course, I know the reason for posting
the claim....it's to distract from criticizing
Putin's invasion of & war crimes in Ukraine.

After this Putin, there will be another one.
Worse, probably.
But we Europeans couldn't care less.

Europe is not about greed. It's not about the same values that are leading the US to a restless state of greed.

Europe is about the values of beauty, truth and justice.
This war will be over and Ukraine will join the EU.
And it will become a prosperous country, where people enjoy the same lifestyle as Western Europe.
That's our values. sir.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member