• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does any supernatural god exist?

Does any supernatural god exist?

• Certainly

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Certainly not

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Certainly don't know

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
I won't only give you a couple, how about I give you 356 prophecies which came to pass. As for God, He is everywhere but He doesn't reveal Himself to proud people or wise guys. So you'll have to humble yourself if you want to be friends with Him.

Please list a couple of prophecies that have come true that you believe to be true. Please don’t provide links. After doing so, provide your evidence how they are ‘true’. Thank you.

Ajax

In order to grasp the spiritual realm, God must open your spiritual eyes first, then you will see. Until then it would be like trying to explain the color spectrum to a person who was born 100% blind.
Two questions..
1) How does God open your spiritual eyes, in order to see (as you wrote) that the Bible is infallible?
2) Talking of Bible's infallibility, do you think the Bible is infallible with regard to moral instructions?

Please list a couple of prophecies that have come true that you believe to be true. Please don’t provide links. After doing so, provide your evidence how they are ‘true’. Thank you.
Refer to the 356 prophecies and pluck out as many as you wish and I'll back every one of them and give you proof they they came to pass. I have hundreds of witnesses on board, who will verify what I say.

Two questions..
1) How does God open your spiritual eyes, in order to see (as you wrote) that the Bible is infallible?
2) Talking of Bible's infallibility, do you think the Bible is infallible with regard to moral instructions?
God never explained how He regenerates a person who is dead in his trespasses and sin. His ways are infinitely higher than ours, so we wouldn't understand it even if He explained it to us. God is separate and outside of His creation, so there's no point in trying to get int the mind of God.

The Bible is Gods infallible Word, it's all powerful and it moves mountains. so of 'course it's infallible when it comes to moral instruction.

Ajax

God never explained how He regenerates a person who is dead in his trespasses and sin. His ways are infinitely higher than ours, so we wouldn't understand it even if He explained it to us. God is separate and outside of His creation, so there's no point in trying to get int the mind of God.
So you can not explain how one's spiritual eyes are opened.
Do you know at least what is the procedure, if one has to act in a certain way prior to this miracle and how you realize that your spiritual eyes have opened?

Ajax

The Bible is Gods infallible Word, it's all powerful and it moves mountains. so of 'course it's infallible when it comes to moral instruction.
Does this mean that you agree with people being used as property and can be passed to one's children (Leviticus 25:44-46) and that a master can beat slaves with a rod, as long as they do not die, because they are his property (Exodus 21:20-21)?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Does this mean that you agree with people being used as property and can be passed to one's children (Leviticus 25:44-46) and that a master can beat slaves with a rod, as long as they do not die, because they are his property (Exodus 21:20-21)?

The funny part about these debate is that they end revolving around good and bad. Or what matters for being a human?!!

Of 'course I agree with that, slavery has always been necessary thing to make the world go around. Slavery still makes the world go around today, but in a different format. But the basics are the same, the wealthy people employ the poor to do those jobs that educated people don't want to do.

I see slavery as a win win and a very good thing, if you look at the history of the first world countries, you'll find they were all developed by slavery. The wise educated people, took uncivilized nomads from Africa and other places and gave them jobs so everyone benefited. The privative nomads got to learn new skills and their accommodation and meals were all provided.

The lower class still work for the educated elite to this day, it's not called slavery but it's the same thing. The elite buy a factory and employ the lower class, so the lower class get money to feed themselves and the elite get richer so everyone is happy.

firedragon

Veteran Member
So painting with a broader brush, does any supernatural god exist?
By saying "supernatural god", do you make a distinction between that and a "natural god"? Just curious.

Nevertheless, as far as I have ever heard, God is always a supernatural being. BUT, the simple god or deity could be human. Like yourself. We could worship our own self or our ego, or money, or children which could be called god or deity but it's in a different connotation where it's simply addressing one worshiping or venerating something like money over God or "The God".

Anyway to answer your question, it's "yes". God exists. The problem lies in your epistemology. What's your theory of knowledge in analyzing this positive claim of mine? That's where the problem lies and most arguments are just full of category errors and misrepresentation of all kinds of philosophy and logic.

Ajax

Of 'course I agree with that, slavery has always been necessary thing to make the world go around.
Employees are not property and they can not be inherited, they cannot be beaten otherwise the boss goes to jail, they work as much as they want and if they want. It is our choice to work, not somebody else's. If the "Elect Saints" :) think like you, I feel sorry for your God.