• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone....

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Does anyone here honestly, 100% believe that if people have sex before they're married, (whatever you consider "marriage" to be) that the guilty parties are going to hell?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
No I don't believe this means you are going to hell.

Me either... but I'm just curious because I know that lots of debates happen about the topic. I don't think that I've ever seen someone flat out say "If you have sex, prepare to burn in hellfire"

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Does anyone here honestly, 100% believe that if people have sex before they're married, (whatever you consider "marriage" to be) that the guilty parties are going to hell?
Not me. I do believe that sex outside of marriage is a sin, but if the only people who got to heaven were those who made it through life without sinning, none of us would go to heaven.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
No. That depends enitrely on the guilty parties.

ayani

Katzpur said:
Not me. I do believe that sex outside of marriage is a sin, but if the only people who got to heaven were those who made it through life without sinning, none of us would go to heaven.

agreed. i feel that yes it's a big deal and important, but not something i'd hassle someone with images of hell over.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I guess, from that platform, seeing that even one of our lovely Christian members :) has replied with a "no" from her perspective - I have to wonder why we debate about it at all at RF.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Its a sin, but it isn't my place to judge whether someone is going to eternal dmanation, I have my own sins to worry about...

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member

Not me; hell would be rather full if that was the case..................

We may be humans, but we are human animals - Our main drive is self preservation, and that is directly linked to sex.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
No one goes to hell for loving too much. They go to hell for hating. It's not an "act" that condemns or justifies you: it's your heart.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Me either... but I'm just curious because I know that lots of debates happen about the topic. I don't think that I've ever seen someone flat out say "If you have sex, prepare to burn in hellfire"

Buttons* even for the people who do believe this, in the context of their belief people don't just burn in hellfire. Forgiveness is still part of their equation somewhere.

I take a different view myself. If there's any hell involved, it's on the part of any accidental progeny that have a lesser family life (or possibly no life) because their parents did not think ahead.

Some of the accidental dads out there paying to support children they have no relationship might consider their life hellish in some ways as well.

And I'd guess the moms might have some similar descriptions of their own.

FFH

Veteran Member
It's definitely a means of entrance whereby demons can and will enter into your life..

Make no mistake about it, it's serious and sacred stuff, don't mess with it...

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Buttons* even for the people who do believe this, in the context of their belief people don't just burn in hellfire. Forgiveness is still part of their equation somewhere.

I take a different view myself. If there's any hell involved, it's on the part of any accidental progeny that have a lesser family life (or possibly no life) because their parents did not think ahead.

Some of the accidental dads out there paying to support children they have no relationship might consider their life hellish in some ways as well.

And I'd guess the moms might have some similar descriptions of their own.
I'm a firm believer in consequences for actions. I think that if two people aren't ready to deal with those consequences, that they probably shouldn't have sex. However, I dont feel like anyone's going to hell cause of it.

It's a sin in most religions any way you slice it. If these two parties were in love, and didn't feel the need to apologize for what they've done. What then?

FFH

Veteran Member
I had an Episcopalian girlfriend, just before I found my current LDS wife and she would say the same things, "Do you really believe, fill in the blank here ??? "

I nearly messed up my life listening to these types of questions and doubts.

Commandments are clear, no sex except with your husband or wife...

Jesus said, "No unclean thing shall enter into the kingdom of heaven"