• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Christmas have anything to do with Christ?

Does Xmas (Christmas) have anything to do with Christ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeSavage

The only ones I see doing what is commanded in the holy scriptures are the JW's.Compared to all the other so called christian sects.The JW's are the only ones who go door to door preaching the message about God's Kingdom as commanded in the holy scriptures.They also do not partake in the customs of the world such as false holidays that have no biblical backing,like X-mas.They do not join military services and wars.They do not involve themselves in the politics of this world,which belongs to satan.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Acts 20:20 You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house.

James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God?Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

2 Corinthians 4:4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
That's absolutely the truth. Religion, basically, is the teaching of anything relating to Jehovah, that differs from what Jehovah teaches about Himself. Satan started the process in the garden in Eden with Eve, and Adam was the first proselyte, and Abel was the first witness/martyr. Ever since, religion has worked in opposition to God the Almighty, Jehovah of Armies. All religions teach things different from all other religions, and not one teaches what Jehovah teaches. And, to make it really crazy, all those "religionists" defend their false beliefs almost to the death. They actually defend Satan's efforts, either knowingly, or unknowingly. Either way, it's the same effect. We are the only ones doing the entire will of God.

That's absolutely the truth. Religion, basically, is the teaching of anything relating to Jehovah, that differs from what Jehovah teaches about Himself. Satan started the process in the garden in Eden with Eve, and Adam was the first proselyte, and Abel was the first witness/martyr. Ever since, religion has worked in opposition to God the Almighty, Jehovah of Armies. All religions teach things different from all other religions, and not one teaches what Jehovah teaches. And, to make it really crazy, all those "religionists" defend their false beliefs almost to the death. They actually defend Satan's efforts, either knowingly, or unknowingly. Either way, it's the same effect. We are the only ones doing the entire will of God.

So then you are a JW? You said "We."

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You cannot pick and choose scripture to make a point. The scriptures make their own point. Out of context it can be made to mean anything you want to rationalize, as you have done here. Stop it.
Is this why you refuse to support your claims with scripture?

Or perhaps it is because you know the JW Bible is different from the majority of the other translations?

Indeed. No one else is part of God's Earthly organization. No one else is Jehovah's ministers. No one else but His witnesses plant the seeds that He makes grow.

Ok,ok.Now, finally, I heard what I wanted to hear.I could not tell.The way you were wording your comments made it hard for me to tell.I thought you did not want to say for some reason.When I asked if you at one time studied with JW's,your answer was a bit vague.
I know you said,"I have studied with all so called Christian religions, but I am of God's Earthly organization." Many consider themselves from this organization,whether it be Catholic,Baptist,Methodist etc.. But of course no one stresses this more than the JW's. They call it the Truth and say they are part of God's earthly organization.This is true.I was just thrown off by your response.

JW's should always proclaim Jehovahs name.Proudly.

gnostic

The Lost One
Putting up Christmas tree, decorations and socks on mantel of fireplace, have all Germanic pagan roots. Baking the Yule cakes and the gift-giving were also of pagan tradition.

And the Germanic pagan festival was celebrated on Winter's solstice, not on December 25.

I am not saying that there is no Christian traditions, for Christmas, but all the customs that I have mentioned above, relates to pagan customs of Germanic traditions.

MikeSavage

Ok,ok.Now, finally, I heard what I wanted to hear.I could not tell.The way you were wording your comments made it hard for me to tell.I thought you did not want to say for some reason.When I asked if you at one time studied with JW's,your answer was a bit vague.
I know you said,"I have studied with all so called Christian religions, but I am of God's Earthly organization." Many consider themselves from this organization,whether it be Catholic,Baptist,Methodist etc.. But of course no one stresses this more than the JW's. They call it the Truth and say they are part of God's earthly organization.This is true.I was just thrown off by your response.

JW's should always proclaim Jehovahs name.Proudly.
Oh indeed I do. On these blogs, one must be careful. It is quite difficult to find honest hearted ones on these sites. I've been careful, and have been able to find a half dozen so far that indicated that they'd speak to the next witnesses who approach them. Out of hundreds, that's not a bad percentage. Otherwise, all they do is attack viciously.

Oh indeed I do. On these blogs, one must be careful. It is quite difficult to find honest hearted ones on these sites. I've been careful, and have been able to find a half dozen so far that indicated that they'd speak to the next witnesses who approach them. Out of hundreds, that's not a bad percentage. Otherwise, all they do is attack viciously.

I 100% agree with you and totally understand where you are coming from.:D

sincerly

Romans 7 So welcome* one another, just as the Christ also welcomed you, with glory to God in view....9 and that the nations might glorify God for his mercy. Just as it is written: “That is why I will openly acknowledge you among the nations, and to your name I will sing praises.”10 And again he says: “Be glad, you nations, with his people.”11 And again: “Praise Jehovah, all you nations, and let all the peoples praise him.”

*or accept

What I am hearing on this forum is GOD does not accept people who are involved with things of "pagan origin". Then why is God telling the holy ones to accept people of the nations into the praise of God but God won't accept them? You might say God will accept them when they change. But if they change for you then they won't be people of the nations.

SW, that version of Rom.15: is sort of corrupted in meaning/context; Notice the difference in the KJV and Paul's quoting from Ps.18:49. ("Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.")
"""(5-13),
Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.
Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.
And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.
And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.""".

Were those Jewish believers in the teachings of Moses accepting Jesus Christ as the sent and crucified Christ/coming Messiah? NO!

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Anyway, nearly 2/3 of those polled don't think Christmas has anything to do with Christ. So it's official! :p

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Refuse? Are you my student? No, certainly not. I told you where to look, and what to look for. Why are you so lazy?

You made a claim.
You refuse to support your claim.
You do understand that the one making the claim is the one who is to support the claim, right?
You are the one who is to lazy to support your own claim.

I can understand you making a student do your homework.
However, as YOU have pointed out, I am not one of your students; you do your own homework.

You minister to drive people away from god, right?
I hope so.
That is what you have thus far demonstrated you are best at.

When they attack, they chase away anyone who may want to listen. I don't want to risk that. Those of religion are brutal and pressure others to feel the way they do.

The ones that just want to argue,be rude or say bad things,I immediately put those on my ignore list.Those who attempt to use scripture to prove their point and are incorrect are the ones I attempt to show what the holy scriptures really says.This is how I get others interested.They approach me in private messages and tell me what they think and how they liked the comment because it reflects truth.Just like with X-mas.When they find out the truth, it really makes them think.I try to keep it interesting so they enjoy themselves and hear things they have not really heard before.Like that there are not really 3 wise men mentioned at Matthew 2.They assume there is but when I show them it says Magi and no number is mentioned,it gets their attention.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What I am hearing from these folks calling Christmas pagan is that Jehovah will condemn a person for his participation in it. I know that to you condemnation means death. So you say Christmas causes death. Am I right so far?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
The Bible allows picking and choosing. Pl read the following in Isiah chap. 28

9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

13 But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

You are reading that incorrectly. It is just the opposite.

Isaiah 28:7 Yea these debauchers gone astray (and) intoxicated, deceive/cause to err; the priest (and) prophet (through ignorance) deceive; intoxicated (they) destroy because of their debauchery; deceived/seduced because of intoxication, err (through ignorance,) the Seers stumble in judgment.

Isa 28:8 consequently the whole spread is set with vomit and excrement/polluted, as long as these conditions (exist.)

Isa 28:9 Even/and whom (shall) teach Knowledge? Even/and whom transfer the doctrine, bestowing milk/richness from the breast?

Isa 28:10 Because of commandment upon commandment, commandment upon commandment; rule upon rule, rule upon rule; here a little, and there a little :

Isa 28:11
Because of unintelligible prattling, his words are a hindrance spoken to his people thus.

Isa 28:12 To whom (they) say concerning this; a place of rest for the weary; and another, rest not content, obey!

(In other words -because the priests and prophets are Quote Mining - the "here a little - there a little" - taking verses out of CONTEXT - they are teaching contradictory messages! - and causing the people to err!)

Isa 28:13 For to these the words of YHVH (are just) commandment upon commandment, commandment upon commandment, rule upon rule, rule upon rule, here a little there a little; because of this they advance forward, then stumble back, broken and ensnared, trapped!