• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Christmas have anything to do with Christ?

Does Xmas (Christmas) have anything to do with Christ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CMA Energy

Research Investigator CMA
s2a, that compassion for others is the based upon the last six of the Decalogue--as expressed in Lev.19:18; Rom.13:8-10, "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."
Or I'm sure you have knowledge of the "Golden Rule"---"do unto others as you would have them do to you."

The "spirit of Christmas" is seen in the angelic tidings when Jesus Christ was born(on whatever day or month). "Peace on earth and good-will toward men."

So---is it "joy to the world" or "Bah humbug"?? Everyone will make that decision.

You don't know what your talking about
Go study the true word and stop listening to what a false minister is and has told you
Christ had and will never have anything to do with Xmas
Xmas was implemented in the 300 AD I think it was said in the Catholic catechisms during the reign of Constantine

CMA Energy

s2a, that compassion for others is the based upon the last six of the Decalogue--as expressed in Lev.19:18; Rom.13:8-10, "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."
Or I'm sure you have knowledge of the "Golden Rule"---"do unto others as you would have them do to you."

The "spirit of Christmas" is seen in the angelic tidings when Jesus Christ was born(on whatever day or month). "Peace on earth and good-will toward men."

So---is it "joy to the world" or "Bah humbug"?? Everyone will make that decision.

Take a leap away from your understanding
Angelic where in the bible does it use that word
The Catholic religion uses it
Christ had nothing to do with anything that is pagan
The symbol's put on the tree were and always have been representative of the sex organs, from Mithra one of the pagan gods worship with the tree.
So where does Christ go against his 10 commandments
Tell your minister to put a cork in his head and to honestly teach the truth, He is against the true teachings of Jesus Christ
He is following in the teachings of the beast 666 that which you have learned to follow and believe, and that is which Satan wants to rule the world for their own desires and not that of Christ and/or the true god of love.

MikeSavage

That is incorrect.
Romans 3:29
Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too,
James 2:1
My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism.
James 2:9
But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers.
1 Peter 1:17
Since you call on a Father who judges each person's work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear.
Acts 10:34
Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

YOU say God is God only to them who live like YOU say they should live. Please read Acts 10:35. Why didn't the writer finish it with 'in everything he does'? Like this:
Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right in everything he does and doesn't do.
You cannot pick and choose scripture to make a point. The scriptures make their own point. Out of context it can be made to mean anything you want to rationalize, as you have done here. Stop it.

I think it was historically started in order to be a way to honor Christ. But with the way society is now, it is more about gift giving and well meaning for all then about Christ. So I vote "no" it is not about Christ. Not anymore.

Christmas trees do not honour Jesus Christ but the Tree on which He was killed does. Here it is given in Galatians chap. 3: Verse 13: But by becoming a curse for us Christ has redeemed us from the curse that the Law brings; for the scripture says, “Anyone who is hanged on a tree is under God's curse.” 14 Christ did this in order that the blessing which God promised to Abraham might be given to the Gentiles by means of Christ Jesus, so that through faith we might receive the Spirit promised by God.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Christmas trees do not honour Jesus Christ but the Tree on which He was killed does. Here it is given in Galatians chap. 3: Verse 13: But by becoming a curse for us Christ has redeemed us from the curse that the Law brings; for the scripture says, “Anyone who is hanged on a tree is under God's curse.” 14 Christ did this in order that the blessing which God promised to Abraham might be given to the Gentiles by means of Christ Jesus, so that through faith we might receive the Spirit promised by God.

Christmas trees are a Pagan tradition, as with 95% of what we do during Christmas. The holiday was designed, and placed on the date of the 25th by the Church, so that the local pagan people would adopt christianity easier. It is meant t resemble the Yule celebration that occurs around the 21st of December. it is meant to celebrate the re-birth of the Sun, not the birth of the Son. I highly doubt that Jesus was even born on the 25th. It would be like my parents saying I was born on the 4th of July, so they could knock out my Birthday and have fireworks. Not true, but darn effective, because no one will question it.

You cannot pick and choose scripture to make a point. The scriptures make their own point. Out of context it can be made to mean anything you want to rationalize, as you have done here. Stop it.

The Bible allows picking and choosing. Pl read the following in Isiah chap. 28
9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

13 But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

sincerly said:
MikeSavage said:
I am not here to "prove it". I am here to find honest hearted ones, and you don't seem to be one of them. My homework? I think you mean your homework.

Mike, You claim to be a minister of the Bible, but your answer is anything but a true witness for Jesus Christ and GOD the father.
Jesus and the Prophets/Apostles gave their sources for their teachings.
What you are claiming to be truths of GOD are not found to be factual.
Jesus DID NOT forbid the the "doing of birthdays." That is a false reading of the account of that which is given.
In all my years, I have not seen or heard of anyone "worshiping a decorated tree". Such was worshiped in the OT passage as was previously mentioned, but the one has nothing to do with the other.
Trees are not "unclean" until one makes a idol of them.

Mestemia, 1Thess.5:21 admonishes one to: "Prove all things: hold fast that which is good."

Right! and since no one knows for sure the actual day and month of Jesus Christ's Birth, there is no law against assuming and celebrating a specified month and day for the event. It is not regarded as a Holy day by all or most of those who acknowledge that Jesus Christ was born.
Human being who believe in the Creator GOD and Jesus as HIS SON know that human Beings are NOT GOD to be worshiped.
It is a stretch of one's "beliefs" to even think the celebration of one's day of physical/spiritual birth takes away from any GLORY or Homage which is due to the Creator GOD. It is GOD who gives to one those "birthdays."

None of the above is a denouncement of personal Birthdays nor the celebration of Jesus Christ's (assumed/supplied birthday.)
What you have concluded isn't what the Scriptures indicated or in context meant. That is man's machinations of an over active mind trying to fit Scriptures to one's beliefs.

Bible S, Eccl.7:1 is a contrasting of two different ideas not "Name" and "death" as you suppose.

You said, '"It is GOD who gives to one those "birthdays."' Well you are only born once.
You are not born every year on that same day.

CMA Energy

I have never seen so many who are being deceived by Satan as those who comment on this site about xmas
The tree is pagan and those who assume it's not and those who celebrate it are those who will be following Satan's deception all the way to the grave. It is people like you who only follow traditions and are not called by God.
Because you wanted your pleasures and would not put God first, you will be sorry.

MikeSavage

True, but realize, that the spirit referred to in that scripture, is holy spirit. God's active force that the ones being addressed in that scripture, the first of the Christian Congregation, the annointed 144,000 would be annointed with, and were so annointed. They are the only ones from Earth, except Jesus who actually originated in heaven, to go to heaven upon death, or just prior to the final battle (the remnant of the annointed). There are about 6,000 of those annointed left on Earth presently. It is incumbent upon us to discern the accurate meaning of all scripture, by comparison, and by context.

True, but realize, that the spirit referred to in that scripture, is holy spirit. God's active force that the ones being addressed in that scripture, the first of the Christian Congregation, the annointed 144,000 would be annointed with, and were so annointed. They are the only ones from Earth, except Jesus who actually originated in heaven, to go to heaven upon death, or just prior to the final battle (the remnant of the annointed). There are about 6,000 of those annointed left on Earth presently. It is incumbent upon us to discern the accurate meaning of all scripture, by comparison, and by context.

Do you, or have you at one time, studied with JW's?

Kai'a

Freethinker
I acknowledge the date (approximately similar) is important to several traditions and their messianic myths.
It's not Christianity specific in my eyes, and the traditions around the date that even do stem from Christianity are really more about social bonding and national contexts than about religious connotations themselves.

sincerly

Your assertions are insane. I am not, and have not been, part of ANY religion, therefore, you claim things with NO evidence to base your claims on. That makes you dishonest.

Since you acknowledge that you "are not, and have not been, part of any religion", your conclusions are understandable---they consist of your own ramblings and without scriptural backing.
The "dishonesty" you assert is another of your projections.

sincerly

Artemis said:
Nowhere in the New Testament Jesus let instructions to celebrate His birthday.
We don't even know exactly when He was born. It could be early spring or early Autumn.

At the last Supper, when He shared the bread and the w ine, He told His disciples to do this every time they met in His name. Real Christians/Believers do this. Who are the real believers? I 'll try to tell you in a few lines; Christianity today has nothing to do with the teaching of Christ. To be a real Christian you have to repent and accept Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, then be baptized in water, thus burrying the self and rising from the water you are a new person ( spiritually this is the resurrection of Jesus) we become new persons, who are determined to live as Jesus did when he was in this world. Please see John's Gospel chapter 3 how Jesus explains this. A real Christian reads his Bible, studies the Bible, and keeps the Word. One has to have great faith in God, and start to read the New Testament and theOld Testament, too, and live according to the Bible. These are the real Christians . If you do not read the Bible , you will never understand the Sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross. I hope this will help some of you. Bless you all

I loved this. You've restored my faith that there are true followers "out there." God bless you and keep you all your days. :)

SF, Artemis was correct in that The so called Christianity of today only has (enough of) the "truth of GOD'S Teachings--as Jesus was sent to bring "The Lost back to the Household of GOD"---to sound legitimate.

MikeSavage

Artemis said:
Nowhere in the New Testament Jesus let instructions to celebrate His birthday.
We don't even know exactly when He was born. It could be early spring or early Autumn.

At the last Supper, when He shared the bread and the w ine, He told His disciples to do this every time they met in His name. Real Christians/Believers do this. Who are the real believers? I 'll try to tell you in a few lines; Christianity today has nothing to do with the teaching of Christ. To be a real Christian you have to repent and accept Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, then be baptized in water, thus burrying the self and rising from the water you are a new person ( spiritually this is the resurrection of Jesus) we become new persons, who are determined to live as Jesus did when he was in this world. Please see John's Gospel chapter 3 how Jesus explains this. A real Christian reads his Bible, studies the Bible, and keeps the Word. One has to have great faith in God, and start to read the New Testament and theOld Testament, too, and live according to the Bible. These are the real Christians . If you do not read the Bible , you will never understand the Sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross. I hope this will help some of you. Bless you all

SF, Artemis was correct in that The so called Christianity of today only has (enough of) the "truth of GOD'S Teachings--as Jesus was sent to bring "The Lost back to the Household of GOD"---to sound legitimate.
Actually, Jesus said to memorialize his death. Not to do that every time they met in his name. It was written by the annointed, TO the annointed. It means that only the annointed are to partake in the emblems (wine & bread) annually on the day of Jesus death. NOT all the time, and not by any one who is not of the annointed. That is slapping Jesus in the face so to speak.

The only ones I see doing what is commanded in the holy scriptures are the JW's.Compared to all the other so called christian sects.The JW's are the only ones who go door to door preaching the message about God's Kingdom as commanded in the holy scriptures.They also do not partake in the customs of the world such as false holidays that have no biblical backing,like X-mas.They do not join military services and wars.They do not involve themselves in the politics of this world,which belongs to satan.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Acts 20:20 You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house.

James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God?Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

2 Corinthians 4:4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.