• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God actually hate me?

Does God hate zombieharlot?

• Total voters

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
zombieharlot said:
"A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the Lord your God DETESTS anyone who does this." Deuteronomy 22:5 NIV

So...God hates me then?
I think only a very petty deity or being would care about what someone wears.

As for hating anyone or anything, a real God would know better.

D.L. Dallman

Umm... have you ever eaten shellfish? Then he definitely hates you. In fact, being that Eve was the first to move from the lord's grace, and you are one of her many daughters, I must assume that God triple-hates you.

finalfrogo

zombieharlot said:
Are you saying that some scriptures may be flawed because of man's limited intellect of God? If this scripture isn't accurate to what God's word really is, then why should I believe the others are?

You shouldn't!

DeadVegas

zombieharlot said:
"A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the Lord your God DETESTS anyone who does this." Deuteronomy 22:5 NIV

So...God hates me then?
The author of that verse is clearly misinformed.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
If you'll notice, it always "these are things that the Father Hates". He hates the sin but not the sinner. ;)

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
ChristineES said:
If you'll notice, it always "these are things that the Father Hates". He hates the sin but not the sinner. ;)

I'd have to ditto that...and quite frankly, as I've stated before...I don't think that God cares much about the clothes that you wear...your outward appearance means little in the grand scheme of things...it's all about what's on your heart.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
ChristineES said:
If you'll notice, it always "these are things that the Father Hates".

Always? Does Deuteronomy 22:5 say "these are things that the Father hates"? The answer is no. It says, "the Lord your God detests anyone who does this." Anyone is the key word.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
zombieharlot said:

So...God hates me then?

I cannot imagine that God hates anyone; would you hate a child of yours who was sexually confused ?

As usual, the greatest part of 'Angry God' comes from the old testament; personally, I would rather believe what Jesus Christ taught when on Earth...........Can you imagine him hating?....I think the criteria for deciding what God would think about any of these things is to see him as the father, and the person as a child...........

I think the answer's obvious.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
michel said:
I cannot imagine that God hates anyone; would you hate a child of yours who was sexually confused ?

As usual, the greatest part of 'Angry God' comes from the old testament; personally, I would rather believe what Jesus Christ taught when on Earth...........Can you imagine him hating?....I think the criteria for deciding what God would think about any of these things is to see him as the father, and the person as a child...........

I think the answer's obvious.

First of all, it has nothing to do with sexuality. I am a heterosexual, as I have mentioned more than once in a couple of other threads. Rather, it is a gender issue. Gender identity develops during the age of four through the age of seven. Sexual identity occurs around puberty. Just thought I would make that clear. And second of all, I don't think I'm "confused" about it. I view myself as a male and I function as a male - I simply just wear women's clothing. I have a question for you. Would you consider it an act of love to kick your son (or daughter) out of the house for cross-dressing?

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Hebrews 13:8 Now aren't Jesus and God the same thing? If Jesus is the same always, wouldn't that mean God is too? And doesn't God also say, "I am what I am"? I would assume that that would mean that if God was a vengeful god back in the OT, wouldn't that mean that he is the same vengeful god in the NT and today? So I don't understand how people can make comments about how "'Angry God' comes from the old testament," when he supposedly is the same always.

Mykola

zombieharlot said:

So...God hates me then?

The original word for "detests" is tow`ebah [to-ay-baw'], which means "abomenable, disgusting". God expects you not to do that, friend, that's all. The act of disobedience per se is abominable...

By the way, using of the NIV translation can mislead you even further... Better to use KJV or NKJV.

I don't want to touch the issue of of Mosaic law being applicable nowadays, which I'm sure is not the case...

Any other "complex" questions? :)

Mike182

Flaming Queer
:eek: how did i miss this thread?

well, tell ya what, if God does hate you, i'll jump up and down to get his attention, im sure he's gonna hate me more than you :p

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Mykola said:
The original word for "detests" is tow`ebah [to-ay-baw'], which means "abomenable, disgusting". God expects you not to do that, friend, that's all. The act of disobedience per se is abominable...

By the way, using of the NIV translation can mislead you even further... Better to use KJV or NKJV.

I don't want to touch the issue of of Mosaic law being applicable nowadays, which I'm sure is not the case...

Any other "complex" questions? :)

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God. Deuteronomy 22:5 KJV

Happy? Now according to my trusty little dictionary, the word "abomination" means, "strongly negative feelings," while the word "detest" means, "to harbor strongly negative feelings." Hmm...different words, same meaning.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Mike182 said:
:eek: how did i miss this thread?

well, tell ya what, if God does hate you, i'll jump up and down to get his attention, im sure he's gonna hate me more than you :p

Playing the martyr won't do you any good. He could just smite us all with one swipe if He really wanted to. Besides, if you go down in flames, I'm going down in flames with you!

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Opethian said:
Funny how the people that voted yes are all atheists :D

Guess we have a special kind of humor :)

Oh, I know! I think just about every frubal I got from this thread was from an atheist.;)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Would you consider it an act of love to kick your son (or daughter) out of the house for cross-dressing?
If I had anykids, and I kicked them out for cross-dressing, being gay, transexual, or any other thing that deals with any sexual issues, things they cannot control, I would be a very big hypocryte. I don't see how kicking them out could be an act of love.
I also doubt any god is capable of hate. Humans make mistakes and do really stupid things (please don't take that the wrong way. I mean this as a generalization, such as hate groups, excessive drinking, murder, thieft, hate, holding ideas of bigotry, etc. Wearing a particular type of clothing is far from being serious enough to be considered dumb). The gods get over our dumbness and mistakes. Hate is just another part of human dumbness.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I would just like to pose a question to anyone who would care to answer.

There have always been people who are uncomfortable with and even afraid of anything or anyone who are different. In every society there has been a segment that is very interested in maintaining the status quo, maintaining “traditional roles” and putting down anything that could challenge that.

Most people will acknowledge that the bible is written by men, perhaps inspired by “God”, but still written by men.

So my question is this. Is it not possible, and even reasonable, to believe that the hate and negative emotions we feel coming from this verse (and verses like it) came not from “God”, but rather from the men who wrote it? Which is easier to believe, that the men who wrote this had a problem with “cross-dressing” and the like, or that an all-powerful divine “God” took the time to express his feelings on fashion?