• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God work through human beings?

Twister

If I whispered to someone that they should consider studying medicine, is it fair to say that I made them a doctor? It seems you are giving too much credit to God.

And you think they would actually study medicine on your whisperal nudge?

If One wants to be something in life, it will happen or might not happen because better opportunities would open for him.

Hope you've heard the story of the man who did not have an email.

If I whispered to someone that they should consider studying medicine, is it fair to say that I made them a doctor? It seems you are giving too much credit to God.

And it sounds to me that you don't give him enough credit. ;)

If you whispered to them and they chose to go into medicine then you could say that you helped influence him to make the decision. But you didn't make him a doctor.

Beaudreaux

stillsearching said:
And it sounds to me that you don't give him enough credit. ;)

If you whispered to them and they chose to go into medicine then you could say that you helped influence him to make the decision. But you didn't make him a doctor.

True. So would you be comfortable saying that I am helping his patients by working through him?

Are you asking if you would be responsible for helping the friends patients because you suggested he go into medicine and become a doctor?

Midnight Pete

I have often heard monotheists claim that God influences things on earth by using us humans. This story from another thread illustrates:
A family was stranded on the roof of their house during
a terrible flood. The water kept rising until they were
forced to retreat to the peak of the roof.
The wife wanted to call out for help but her husband over-
ruled her saying, "God will rescue us if He so wills."
The waters kept rising and soon a rescue chopper hovered
overhead. The husband refused rescue saying, "We are praying
to God to be saved. He will rescue us."
As the water rose over the top of the roof the family began to
drown.
The husband cried out to God, "We prayed to be rescued but you
did not answer our prayers!"
Then God said, "I did answer your prayers. I sent the chopper!"
I take this story to mean that the chopper would not have happened upon that family had God not intervened to "send" it? Do you believe God works through people this way?

Yes, I do. But you don't.

sniper762

some over zealous, over the top people are expeccting god to intervene miraculously like was told in the bible. IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
If He is working through humans, why would he be obvious about it?
I doubt that he would obvious about it every single time.
However, your question does not address the query posed.
Why did god go from directly intervening to hiding as though he does not even exist?