• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

does hinduism accept christ as a prophet/god

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
And at the risk of being snarky (I'm not trying to be), who put the government in? India is a democracy (a representative republic I believe, like the US). We also in the US have no cause to complain about our government (state, local or federal) when we are the voters. If the government is not doing the job we want, we have to vote them out. But we few sitting at our keyboards won't solve our respective governments' shortcomings until voting time.

Namaste,

When Gandhi put Nehru in office, it went downhill from there. Sardar Patel would have been a fantastic leader.

A majority of the public in India is too ignorant of what goes on within the political scheme of things. Every Indian, pretty much, is waiting to vote in our savior, Narendra Modi.

M.V.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3433667 said:
A majority of the public in India is too ignorant of what goes on within the political scheme of things. Every Indian, pretty much, is waiting to vote in our savior, Narendra Modi.

M.V.

Is it that voting time is coming up and Sonia Gandhi could be ousted?

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Namaste,

RV (01-155.3-5)

"These offerings increase His mighty manly strength: he brings both Parents down to share the genial flow. He lowers, through a son, the Father's highest name; the third is that which is high in the light of heaven."(R.V.1.155.3)

It's addressed to IndrāVishnu, though. Either way, this verse gives credibility to Lord Shri Vishnu having the powers to manifest on Earth and even the other two "worlds".

Whyeeeee?

It's no biggie, brother. It is good to have disagreements. Otherwise, it would get boring. At least we are students of the Richas, eh? That's always a good thing.

M.V.

Last edited:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Is it that voting time is coming up and Sonia Gandhi could be ousted?

Namaste,

Yes, brother. And, Sonia and her son, Rahul, are doing everything they can to stay in power so they can continue to swindle money in the name of helping the poor. They should be exiled. Their family is responsible for the 1984 Genocide. They are a disgrace.

M.V.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, for the sake of India I hope they get kicked to the curb.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
And those who they were able to convert, one isn't surprised to see the kind of venom that they need to pour against Hinduism in order to keep their false abrahmic faith intact.

RgVeda cannot be written twice.

KT

Namaste,

And, here, we agree and have a common ground. Bravo!

M.V.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
As a Gujarati born and raised in the US who hasn't visited India for 15 years, I would like to know which Gujarati matriarchal societies you are talking about.

Namaste,

Take a trip to Vamaj, Vadu, and nearby villages. The tribal peoples found in those villages are mostly matriarchal.

Tame kem cho? Majama?

M.V.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
In general, no.

However, Hinduism allows it's practitioners to find their own path and if one finds inspiration (or even divinity) in Christ, then so what?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
For me, it all goes back to confusion. I do not, for the life of me, see how a person can hold two really opposing beliefs at the very same time. It's no different than the taxi drivers of India who switch faiths on a whim just to get a better tip. It's very very difficult to find out what faith the guy actually is, because he doesn't actually know.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
For me, it all goes back to confusion. I do not, for the life of me, see how a person can hold two really opposing beliefs at the very same time. It's no different than the taxi drivers of India who switch faiths on a whim just to get a better tip. It's very very difficult to find out what faith the guy actually is, because he doesn't actually know.

But not everyone who mixes paths is "confused". I'm certainly not. Those taxi drivers, however...

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I do not, for the life of me, see how a person can hold two really opposing beliefs at the very same time.

You can't; there's no doubt.

However, I'm going to use that as a springboard for a brainfart and mini essay to the general public, so don't take it as directed at you. ;)

Not every religion is monolithic and diametrically opposed to others. There are schools of Buddhism that have more in common with Hinduism than they have with other Buddhist schools, and believe it or not are even compatible with Hinduism. It's a misconception that all of Buddhism rejects the idea of atman for example; Shentong does not reject it. Sufism probably has more compatibility with Buddhism and Hinduism (the schools of Buddhism and Hinduism that are compatible, that is) than it has with mainstream Islam. And the gnostic and mystic sects of Christianity have more in common and compatibility with the eastern religions than they do with mainstream Christianity.

We humans love our labels and tend to compartmentalize things. But I think religion is a spectrum or continuum rather than a "It's This or It's That" with nothing in between. It's not unlike language. Moving westward from Germany to the Netherlands, where does German end and Dutch begin? Where does Hindi end and Gujarati begin? There's a continuum of dialects in between that are compatible (mutually intelligible) until you finally do get to a point where they're not mutually intelligible. For religions that would be the incompatibility and complete opposition. But somewhere along the continuum there is compatibility. This is where people like me fit in and can make it work. Not everyone can or should try. Why does this happen? :shrug: That's what makes horse races, they say.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Glad I'm not a comparative scholar, nor do I have aspirations. Tough and arduous job, that. :bow:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
In general, no.

However, Hinduism allows it's practitioners to find their own path and if one finds inspiration (or even divinity) in Christ, then so what?

And that would be in the extreme minority, out on the fringes of general Hinduism. In fact I would change it to "religion allows it's practitioners..." But what do I know?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Glad I'm not a comparative scholar, nor do I have aspirations. Tough and arduous job, that. :bow:

Mental gymnastics. :thud: It's actually fun to analyze, but then, I am a bit different. :D