• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

does masterbation make you feel guilty

Tragon

Never understood why it should make you feel quilty even if you are Christian. I remember once asking the question while I was in confirmation camp from our youth counselor(I think not sure about the english word). Well anyway the person in charge of the camp. We could all ask anonymously question related to Christianity and when my question came up he said he never thought about it being sinful. And really I see no reason why it would be sinful. Atleast I have heard masturbation being healthy for ones psyche and important for growth of own sexual identity.

blackout

Violet.
Atleast I have heard masturbation being healthy for ones psyche and important for growth of own sexual identity.

I absolutely agree with you.

Growing up under Roman Catholic ummm... directives,
masterbation was always a "taboo" for me.

I can say with absolute certainty that this fear of exploring myself
did stunt the growth of not only my own sexual identity,
but rather my ENTIRE identity of self.

The past four years I have spent smashing one taboo after another.

I have never felt more alive.
And I so enjoy loving and expressing the totality of myself.
I no longer feel or carry guilt about anything.

Funny how I had to LEAVE religion to do that.
Drop all the guilt from my life,
and begin to drink deeply.

It feels so good to feel good! you know?
Happiness sure beats guilt.

UV

if christ is waching me he will prob be sad that mine is bigger, but anyway the only thing you have to be guilty about is killing around 300 mil potential humans so no real reson. it is however highly recomended since botteling up anything is bad for you (unless your job is to bottle up water)

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
Well...

I prefer to take my time.... to let the fantasy in my mind truely... umm... Come to full fruition.... so to speak.

Because once I'm done, the fantasy is done. I like prolonging it to let my fantasies unwind and let them play out until they are done.

So thats a little strategy if you like simultaneous climaxes but can't normally get them

The fantasy is AT LEAST half the fun. :flirt:
Masterbation makes me feel good & naughty. Never guilty.

*Nixxie*

I sure hope it isn't a sin. Otherwise, im going STRAIGHT to hell. And, i do not feel guilty, i feel privellaged that i am able to :D Lotsa boys can't.

Somkid

I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all but I don't do it mostly because I was a monk from the age of 18 to 31 and I live in a very Asian house, no privacy whatsoever except the toilet and shower but that just doesn't set the mood, anyway my wife is Thai and takes care of me even when she isn't in the mood which I don't think ever happens....

Somkid

"takes care of me" Im guessing this means she cooks nicely for you, takes care of you when you are ill and everything, right?

That didn't come out right but yep, she takes care of everything for me because she wants to, mostly because I don't expect it and I show great appreciation for everything she does.

Nessa Nenharma

Goddess of my Domain
Change "Husband" to "Wife", change "Always" to "very rarely", and that describes my 'plight'.

And yes, I agree, I feel selfish and 'horrible'; I have tried very hard to abstain from masturbation (and have suceeded for very long periods of up to a year), but every so often, well, I guess I just can't help it.................:eek:

I would like to know why you feel it is embarassing or bad. I find the art of masterbation a calming relief in both males and females, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It is YOUR body and no one elses. I found it sad that you have abstained for up to a year :(.

I masterbated almost every day and I feel that is how everyone should be :),

:bb:

Nessa

spiritually inclined

When I was a kid I also thought I was the only one doing it and felt guilty about it. Then I felt guilty about it because of the sexually-repressed preachers I listened to.

Masturbation is a natural human habit. Even babies in the womb touch their genitals.

Now, masturbation makes me happy. I like my member.

James

rtc143

Curious George
I agree with the "don't care" people...I find it natural and pleasurable. So far, I haven't seen(or felt) anything wrong with masturbation. But that is just my take on the situation.

Circle_One

24986442-3b22-4cf3-81c4-8b29bfdfc2ee

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Same with premarital sex. I used to feel guilty because the God I used to believe in counted pleasuring myself (I've never liked the actual word, sounds so gross to me :p) as adultery! What the fudge!? When I found that out, I was like "Ah c'mon! Are you serious!?" Honestly, throw me a freakin' bone, I'm only human.

But since I don't believe in all that nonsense anymore, I am guilt free. AndI am very happy with myself. :flirt: