• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Satan Exist?

Does Satan Exist?

• Total voters

neves

Satan exists… all he can do is give us suggestions and mislead us… all we have to do is to not listen to his deceptions… but that is really hard… because we desire the easy way…

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Satan exists… all he can do is give us suggestions and mislead us… all we have to do is to not listen to his deceptions… but that is really hard… because we desire the easy way…

Yup. Convienance is one of the devil's (metophor or whatever) most effective snares.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
No. I believe Satan to be nothing more than a Christian idea to scare people into church, whose form was inspired by Pagan gods. Does anyone think it is just coincedence that Satan and Cerunos share a similiar appearance?

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
Does Satan exist? Religious Forums.com is my proof that Satan is alive and well. This is a good statement for some who share with us that they follow Satan and/or Lucifer. Try telling them that Satan doesn't exists.
I find the whole "Satan lied and convienced the world he doesn't exist" to be terribly convienent.

johannes

yes Satan exists, Eve gave birth to him; she said i have given birth to a husband.
lucifer has the meaning of; bearer of light or bearer of the word of God.
he said; eat and you wont die; Gen.3:4 and John. 6:51.

Special Revelation

Quite right. However, without the presence of fundie wackos such a conclusion would be more difficult to reach.

By that comment, I am assuming your are saying Fundie Wackos are not your brothers and sisters in Christ. If you don't love you brother who you can see, how can you love God who you cannot see?

Spiritual warfare is truth. :ninja: Who's side are you really on?

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I don't understand the question. Maybe you can help me out, SR.

Let's reason together and you can be my teacher. What does it mean for something to "exist"?

lizskid

BANNED
Although Luciferians do not view Satan as the same entitiy, the Church of Satan does. These people literally worship Satan and dont mind telling it to people. Tell them that Satan doesn't exist..

The bible is not the only source for the view of Satan, many cultures have entities that remsemble the nature of satan. To deny him entirely to to delete a part of history. A feat that cannot be accomplshed.

The spirit I believe you are talking about is that of temptation and sin, which may or may not be Satan, as far as I'm concerned. However, that spirit in man, is alive and always present, as we are merely humans and subject to all sorts of tests and decisions along the road.

johannes

No... I stopped believing is Satan a long time before I stopped believing in God... In fact, I don't think I ever really believed in Satan...

Santana and Santa, on the other hand, rock my socks.

i can promise you; church believe in Satan.

egrow

;) If you believe in God and that His Word is Truth, then you also believe in Satan or you decieve yourself. Luke 22:3, tells us that Satan entered into Judas, this means that Satan is a spirit and real. And in verse 31, Peter is told that Satan desires to have him and on and on.
Christians say and does a lot of things in ignorance, but that does NOT change the fact that Satan is real and is the God of this world, even over Christians who would remain in the flesh. He has deceived Christians for thousands of years by replacing the Word of God with doctrines made by man Mark 7:6-13 tells the story

joeboonda

Isaiah 14
12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; 17That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?