• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does science prove the existence of god?

croak

Trickster
With all due respect, what on Earth are you talking about?
I agree, Spinkles, what is he talking about? An example of astrology is looking at a constellation and saying it looks like a cat. And it existed before anyone had heard of the word atom, much less the concept of it.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Zionic- Atoms are not perfect nor are they truely round.
Atoms are made of differing numbers of Electrons, Protons and Neutrons wich are in turn made of quarks and so on.
Atoms have varying sizes and shapes. Some are more square than others or triangualr.
The only perfectly round atom is [size=-1]the "bucky ball" Carbon 60 aka. buckminsterfullerene.

If anything atoms are as imperfect as everything elce in the univerce. Wich is a good thing, as atoms decay they make room the new.

wa:do

[/size]

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
atrueoriginall said:
I was once told by a very knowledgeable and intelligent scientist that he believed ...
He doesn't sound all that knowledgeable or intelligent to me. Rather, he sounds to me like someone that is pontificating to a younger mind, in the hopes that he will be seen as a sagacious, older man. A snake oil salesman, if you will.

TVOR

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
atrueoriginall said:
Are you sure you are in the right forum. The following would be more to your liking. There are many skeptics in there that answer pretty much the same way as yourself.
Atrueoriginall - it is you that may be in the wrong forum. This is the D-E-B-A-T-E forum - where your statements will almost always be challenged. Kind of like walking into a bar, then complaining that they serve alchohol. :bonk:

Perhaps you would feel more secure prosteletyzing to others that share your belief system and therefore, will not question your statements. If you wish to prattle on, without being challenged, you should post your blather in the appropriate religions forum on this site. I would direct you to the appropriate forum on this site, but since you haven't bothered to indicate what religious belief system you adhere to, you'll have to find it yourself.

TVOR

atrueoriginall

The Voice of Reason said:
Atrueoriginall - it is you that may be in the wrong forum. This is the D-E-B-A-T-E forum - where your statements will almost always be challenged. Kind of like walking into a bar, then complaining that they serve alchohol. :bonk:

Then d e b a t e it. You can't grade a debate until it's over. And the bar thing is as old as alcohol. That is not debatable.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
atrueoriginall said:
Then d e b a t e it.
Heelllllooooo - that is exactly the opposite of what you told Deut to do. Which is it? Debate it, or listen to you prosteletyze without being allowed to challenge your statements?

atrueoriginall said:
You can't grade a debate until it's over.
This baby will never end - one side refuses to acknowledge that science does not address the existence or non-existence of God. Someone will always insist on quoting some nutcase, psuedo-scientist that has not been peer reviewed as having spewed something about God out of his backside - and insisting that since a scientist said it, science proves the existence of God.

Do you see the unending fallacy - after 27 (and counting) pages of debate?

TVOR

Scott1

*** MOD POST ***

Let's try to reel this in..... back on topic (is there a topic? ;) ) please.

Scott

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
SOGFPP said:
*** MOD POST ***

Let's try to reel this in..... back on topic (is there a topic? ;) ) please.

Scott
Scott - I think the last paragraph of my post did get us back on topic - although, to be honest, I had to scroll back to the top of the page to remind myself what the original topic was. :)

TVOR

croak

Trickster
All right, we left off on astrology being founded on atoms?! Does anyone see a small, tiny mistake on that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I probably said this before...

Science and God are not mutually exclusive. They can co-exist without any problems.

However, Science cannot prove God, just as God tries to stay away from talking about science. It's like trying to find the definition of an english word in a Chinese dictionary. Rots a ruck! It ain't gonna happen.

mli3

"The only thing that I do not undrstand in the universe that it has been understood''Enishtine said.

u can easly believe that there is a clear relationship between any science and the existing of GOD...

u can read my thread "Do not miss it" if u wish ..I think that it is very beneficial:)

Yerda

Veteran Member
Yeah I read it.

We could also paint pictures clearly detailing the close links between the Bash Street Kids and the creation of nuclear weaponry. You can believe that if you like.

LUKAS

it's absolutely irrational to try to prove the existence of somethin that, by definition, is unmaterial.
no real christian would deny that. by the way, if you could prove the existence of god, automatically you would have to discard it as a god, since it would be material (that is, mutable) finit, non-all-knowing, etc., all the qualities a god is supposed to have.
I believe in god, but have given up trying to demonstrate that he can/n't exist, I just believe, that gives me peace. hope you feel the same by not believing.
love is the answer, that's what jesus (and other prophets or mesiahs)said

A

angellous_evangellous

Science cannot prove God exists because God is untestable. The task of science is to establish how humanity can best relate to the natural world. It subject can only be nature or that which exists in the universe.

From the Christian POV, God is Creator. Nature is Creation, including humanity. We have developed means by which we can discover and classify everything that we know of in nature by means of science and philosophy. God, however, being divine, is not a part of nature and therefore untestable by means established to study nature (eg, science and philosophy - philosophy can only use in its models that which comes into their brains or comes from science). Therefore, if God exists He is either completely unknowable or He must reveal Himself. Since a Creator would be all-powerful, He would be able to interact with nature as He saw fit, but nature can only interact with Him as He empowers.

Theology answers theological questions:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11359&highlight=theological+questions

More on how God is untestable:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12190

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
[PART QUOTE=angellous_evangellous]Science cannot prove God exists because God is untestable. The task of science is to establish how humanity can best relate to the natural world. It subject can only be nature or that which exists in the universe.

[/QUOTE][PART QUOTE=Net Doc]I probably said this before...

Science and God are not mutually exclusive. They can co-exist without any problems.

However, Science cannot prove God, just as God tries to stay away from talking about science. It's like trying to find the definition of an english word in a Chinese dictionary. Rots a ruck! It ain't gonna happen.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't this tie in with the 'is God visible/invisible thread':) ?

A

angellous_evangellous

Yes, I provided a link to the God is invisible thread.