• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Everything I say is backed by Gods Word. Can you see the problem?
Jehovah's word has suffered contradictions, inconsistencies, translation errors and typos, and it's over all useless outside of culture and religious studies. Even it's moral highlights, like the so called Golden Rule, fall flat and fail when we really think things through.
But your problem is, that there is only One God. Yes there are 320 million false imaginary gods but only One true God, who is known by hundreds of different names by different people but He is the same God which all true Christians believe in.
That reminds me when I was taught how all these different people and groups who weren't Abrahamic in anyway all acknowledged some unnamed god higher than the ones they acknowledged as highest. Which put the Christian god above those like Oden, who were worshipped as a ruler over all the other gods.
That doesn't make any sense at all, but it's what I was taught by the church.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
OK. But I really do treat others the way I would want to be treated.

And that could end up hurting another human in part based on your beliefs about a good life.

Now that is so for most humans that they can hurt other humans. Yet in practice there are differences to the effect of different beliefs about the good life and that is called moral relativism.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If God has blinded people, then it's not their fault that they're "reprobate." It's God's fault. What kind of a terrible God would do such a thing to the creations he supposedly cares for?
Go has not blinded anyone. God gave everyone free will to choose what to believe. Some people search for God but see no evidence for God so they don't believe in God. It is as simple as that.

I believe God knows who is sincere and really made an effort to believe but couldn't, and God takes that into consideration.
I see a lot of atheists on this forum who fit into that category.

Shadow Wolf

OK. But I really do treat others the way I would want to be treated.
Heres some examples where that fails:
If I worked at a grocery store I would want everyone to leave their shopping carts scattered about the parking lot to give me more time outside amd away from people. That's how I'd want to be treated. But I never do this because it does make the task take longer, it adds extra crap they have to deal with, plus stray carts can cause minor damage to people's xars so I don't just leave the cart wherever and occasionally get thanked by employees for taking the cart to the return corral (especially if I grab any nearby ones along the way).
Another one is I'm autistic. Hugs are friendly, well meaninged, and while I would normally say we need more close and personal interactions with eachother, hugs can cause undue stress and discomfort to certain people, such as those with autism. Yes, lots of people like giving and receiving hugs, but many don't.
This is why we must consider not how I want to be treared but ask how the individuals in question may want to be treated. This may mean asking questions, but it's easier and better overall than forcing people like me to bear it, put up with it and deal with it in the name of civility and being friendly.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
OK well, that's all well and good @Shadow Wolf but I'm not autistic. Someone asked me about MY beliefs and I answered. You do you.

I think about 1 in 45 adults have some form of autism.

Shadow Wolf

OK well, that's all well and good @Shadow Wolf but I'm not autistic. Someone asked me about MY beliefs and I answered. You do you.
I used being autistic to highlight where "treat others as you want to be treated" falls short because not everyone wants to be treated the same, and even things that may seem simple, harmless and friendly may be an uninvited source of discomfort.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I used being autistic to highlight where "treat others as you want to be treated" falls short because not everyone wants to be treated the same, and even things that may seem simple, harmless and friendly may be an uninvited source of discomfort.
Well, I can't help all that. I just use this as a general guideline. If I know someone is autistic, I treat them as I would want to be treated IF I WAS AUTISTIC. Otherwise, I just default and frankly it's up to them to let me know or deal with it.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Well, I can't help all that. I just use this as a general guideline. If I know someone is autistic, I treat them as I would want to be treated IF I WAS AUTISTIC. Otherwise, I just default and frankly it's up to them to let me know or deal with it.

What do you know about being neurodiverse?