• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

The Bible is the best selling book. Majority of people have one in their home, but very very few actually knows what is truly in the Bible. They do not read the Bible, they may open it up and read a few lines but when the words start getting real serious about how God wants man to actually live man closes the book and just lives it there to collect dust. In order for one to know that the bible has been altered in anyway, one must have position of the very first Bible written. The Bible has a lot of History and future of things. When you read the bible you will see how true the Bible really is. Don't let anyone pull you away from the truth of the Bible. Follow the word of God and you will know the truth you will start feeling the words and your life will have wonderful change that the world cannot be of.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I was not raised as a Christian and I never even read one page of the Bible until 13 years ago when I started posting on religious forums on Delphi.
As such, the Bible has had no influence on my life. I only read verses here and there because I am posting to Christians. I do like the teachings of Jesus from what I have read but I dislike the parts of the Bible I believe are in error because I think it is very bad to mislead people. How could God have ever allowed this?

My diligent study of the Bible led me to renounce my belief in God and Jesus and deconvert from Christianity. When I was a devout Christian, I honestly believed that meticulously studying the Bible would strengthen my faith in God, but it had the opposite effect. It ultimately led to my deconversion and rejection of my beliefs in God, Jesus, and the Bible's inerrancy and infallibility. However, my extensive study of the Bible gave me an advantage over the hecklers who harassed me when I was a street preacher and evangelist. Now I use it to stop persistent Christians from trying to evangelize me in person.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Bible is the best selling book. Majority of people have one in their home, but very very few actually knows what is truly in the Bible. They do not read the Bible, they may open it up and read a few lines but when the words start getting real serious about how God wants man to actually live man closes the book and just lives it there to collect dust. In order for one to know that the bible has been altered in anyway, one must have position of the very first Bible written. The Bible has a lot of History and future of things. When you read the bible you will see how true the Bible really is. Don't let anyone pull you away from the truth of the Bible. Follow the word of God and you will know the truth you will start feeling the words and your life will have wonderful change that the world cannot be of.
There may be some truths in the Bible. That does not mean that it is free from errors. In some sects they do not make the error of biblical inerrancy.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@paarsurrey -- First please answer if you consider yourself a son of God, then we perhaps can go on to more about Jesus and Mary. OK?
No, I am not a son of G-d, and I never was.
G-d has created me in a process set by Him, He never fathers anybody, right, please?:

112:4
‘He begets not, nor is He begotten;
Right?

Regards

McBell

Admiral Obvious

No, I am not a son of G-d, and I never was.
G-d has created me in a process set by Him, He never fathers anybody, right, please?:

112:4
‘He begets not, nor is He begotten;
Right?

Regards
John 3:16

Betho_br

Concerning the death of Judas, the disloyal disciple, Matthew 27:5 states he took the money he had received for betraying Jesus, threw it down in the temple, and “went and hanged himself.” To the contrary, Acts 1:18 claims Judas used the money to purchase a field and “falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.”

Judas Iscariot, as mentioned in the Gospels, was the treasurer of Jesus's group of disciples, and according to John 12:4-6, he is described as a thief, regularly embezzling from the common purse. His motivation, far from a true love for the poor, was driven by personal interests. Judas, it seems, joined Jesus’s movement with the expectation that Jesus would become a political and military king, freeing Israel from Roman oppression. However, when he realized that the kingdom Jesus preached did not align with these expectations, Judas felt frustrated and betrayed, which may have motivated his decision to hand Jesus over to the religious authorities (cf. Matthew 26:14-16).

In Acts 1:18, we read that Judas, after betraying Jesus, hanged himself in a field he had purchased with the embezzled money. His death is described tragically: "having hanged himself, he swelled up, and his intestines spilled out on the ground," turning the place into a “Field of Blood” (Aceldama). The field of blood is symbolically associated with the price of betrayal and the ruin it brought upon Judas.

In addition to this field, the priests, using the thirty pieces of silver returned by Judas, purchased another field, known as the "Potter’s Field," as recorded in Matthew 27:6-8. This field also came to be called the "Field of Blood" because of its connection to the betrayal of Jesus. Thus, we have two fields associated with blood: one purchased by the priests with the money of betrayal, and another directly linked to Judas’s death.

In summary, Judas did not love the poor, and his actions were driven by selfish and ideological motives.