• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Ancient scrolls found in the 19th century, before the DSS, were rejected. There were 13 scrolls found of what has now been termed "proto-Deuteronomy" - Deuteronomy as it existed 3000 years ago - before it was morphed into 34 Chapters. The records were studied by Idan Dershowitz, translated, and published in 2021 as "THE VALEDICTION OF MOSES." What we have now is not what is was to start with, and if there is a God who gave it, He said He will not alter the words He spoke - so "V" answers many questions Hebrew scholars had about inconsistencies in the Scriptures. For me, it cleared up a lot about Jesus' teachings - and gave the clarity to also see where Rome had altered our records - given Jesus inspired grasp of teaching the Covenant Standards to restore them to manking - via Matthew.
see my site for more info. Several links are there. Also one proving Romans is not true.
Romans Proves Paul Lied
Oh let me be perfectly honest here. It's a bunch of hogwash what you produced as evidence. Nonsense. Ridiculous. Lack of comprehension and wisdom. Take care.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I probably don't agree with you on various subjects, but of this I can virtually guarantee you from my experience -- if you think you're gonna get answers, think again.
All that a person needs to do to get answers from me is to be honest and you of all people should know this.

YoursTrue

All that a person needs to do to get answers from me is to be honest and you of all people should know this.
I had a good laugh reading this one...https://www.newscientist.com/article/2439385-last-common-ancestor-of-all-life-emerged-far-earlier-than-thought/

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I had a good laugh reading this one...https://www.newscientist.com/article/2439385-last-common-ancestor-of-all-life-emerged-far-earlier-than-thought/
Why? By the way, I generally am not a fan of that sort of source. They tend to be inaccurate too often. But thanks for effectively admitting that evolution is a fact.

YoursTrue

Why? By the way, I generally am not a fan of that sort of source. They tend to be inaccurate too often. But thanks for effectively admitting that evolution is a fact.
You're funny as you distort (lie perhaps, willfully twist?) about things. Of course, I can imagine you must think you report only accurate sources of information. Hey! Have a good one. I found the article amusing.

My mother is full of errors and contradictions.
Still, I love her so much!
Still, I couldn't have been what I am without her!
In what is essential to me, she is the perfect mother.

Same with the Bible.
The Bible is full of errors and contradictions... and I don't care! I still love it, read it, reflect on it, follow its principles, and recognize it has represented a unique and key influence in my life. In what is essential to me, the Bible is perfect.

Those worried about the errors and contradictions of the Bible should not be so worried.
We worship God, who has existed before the Bible, after the Bible and beyond the Bible.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You're funny as you distort (lie perhaps, willfully twist?) about things. Of course, I can imagine you must think you report only accurate sources of information. Hey! Have a good one. I found the article amusing.
You make false accusations like this quite often but never can support them. Can you do better?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Another good laugh. You insult, and rarely if ever give any information.
No, you lost the right to demand evidence. I tried to help you many times. Others have seen it, others know that I did so. You were the one that refused to learn. Then you did the same thing with poster after poster to the point where almost no one takes you seriously at all.

Even now all that you have to do is to be honest in our discussions. That means that you still need to learn the basics of science.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bible is full of errors and contradictions... and I don't care! I still love it, read it, reflect on it, follow its principles, and recognize it has represented a unique and key influence in my life. In what is essential to me, the Bible is perfect.
I was not raised as a Christian and I never even read one page of the Bible until 13 years ago when I started posting on religious forums on Delphi.
As such, the Bible has had no influence on my life. I only read verses here and there because I am posting to Christians. I do like the teachings of Jesus from what I have read but I dislike the parts of the Bible I believe are in error because I think it is very bad to mislead people. How could God have ever allowed this?
Those worried about the errors and contradictions of the Bible should not be so worried.
I am not worried, I just think they mean that the Bible could not have been divinely inspired.
We worship God, who has existed before the Bible, after the Bible and beyond the Bible.
God before the Bible, after the Bible and beyond the Bible. Try telling that to a Christian.

YoursTrue

No, you lost the right to demand evidence. I tried to help you many times. Others have seen it, others know that I did so. You were the one that refused to learn. Then you did the same thing with poster after poster to the point where almost no one takes you seriously at all.

Even now all that you have to do is to be honest in our discussions. That means that you still need to learn the basics of science.
So then keep talking without evidence. Your attitude prevents a decent discussion, but thank you anyway.

YoursTrue

Meantime scientists learned the basics and beyond, and are sometimes changing their opinions. Oh well, have a good one by the way.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Meantime scientists learned the basics and beyond, and are sometimes changing their opinions. Oh well, have a good one by the way.
Of course they are. That is how science works. They start out with a better answer than we had before and it is continually improved. That is far better than trying to insist that the Earth is Flat.

Elijah2

Oh let me be perfectly honest here. It's a bunch of hogwash what you produced as evidence. Nonsense. Ridiculous. Lack of comprehension and wisdom. Take care.
You call the most ancient evidence of God and Moses "Hogwash"? You have what qualification that makes your viewpoint superior to the highest levels of ancient Hebrew scholars of Harvard and Oxford???

At the level of children accessing the cookies, which is the correct teaching about prayer?
Matthew: God already knows what you need. Don't be like the wordy hypocrites - keep your prayers short and respectful - as in the "Lord's prayer..... or

Per Luke, if God doesn't answer your prayer, get your prayers answered by badgering Him so He will answer it so you will go away?

Those are two wildly divergent teachings on prayer - which did Jesus really teach? Or do you believe he was just stupid?