• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the universe need intelligence to order it?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
So could you describe your experience of the Divine, or is it a just a belief that you have?
what do you mean by ''experience''. Are you thinking that everything has to physically accounted for? We cannot even see our own consciousness nor anyone else's for that matter. Clearly if you want something that is verifiable then you won't get it. Either you see these things or you don't.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
what do you mean by ''experience''. Are you thinking that everything has to physically accounted for? We cannot even see our own consciousness nor anyone else's for that matter. Clearly if you want something that is verifiable then you won't get it. Either you see these things or you don't.
But that's the point, isn't it? For all your folks who have this FAR grander view than those of us still running through the mouse droppings of life, shouldn't you expect this? Shouldn't you have learned a better way to articulate your case by now?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
If the universe needs intelligence to order itself than earthquakes need vibrators to rumble. The amount of logical fail in such assertions is epic

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
But that's the point, isn't it?
No.
For all your folks who have this FAR grander view than those of us still running through the mouse droppings of life, shouldn't you expect this?
haha.... funny. I answered this for that line alone!
Shouldn't you have learned a better way to articulate your case by now?
I think g not g has done, and I think the mystics have done. It is clear that to some it is quite profound and to others it is nothing. I suppose it is no different than liking a particular sport, when someone else might hate it. What to do! I don't know. I think he has explained it really well for several pages that I alone have read.
If I can't explain to you then I'm sure I won't. :)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK, but how have you experienced that presence - what was it actually like?
Scary. But now I am familar with the experience and it is much more enjoyable. Actually a lot of the time the experience is very funny. I suppose most people never get to funny so they quit.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
Scary. But now I am familar with the experience and it is much more enjoyable. Actually a lot of the time the experience is very funny. I suppose most people never get to fuinny so they quit.

Ah! Now you get to the heart of the matter. Play is the one thing few consider or experience as the essential ingredient to The Supreme Identity. You are most perceptive.

godnotgod

Thou art That
On the day of their enlightenment, perhaps, it's the parable of the raft ( look it up ). But honestly I don't think you have any real idea of what the Buddhist scriptures are about, or what enlightenment is, any of it.
Unfortunately I've seen this before with new-agers, plucking ideas from here and there but not understanding them, then misrepresenting them.

You didn't answer the key question: What does the Buddha nature within you say about Self being none other than the universe? You imply that you're enlightened, so that shouldn't be a problem for you.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Oh dear. o_O

You did realise that you're also supposed to be mindful of what you're thinking and saying? Not just coming out with whatever pops into your head?

Try, Spiny. Try: Tell me now, and use your noggin: What kind of activity is peeling the potatoes? Never mind Buddha, New Age, fake, or authentic.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Have any of you had an inspiraion that didn't come from study. reading, reasoning, deducing, analysis, consideration, assuming, imagining* et certera but it seems to come from nowhere really but you just KNOW it's the truth? The kind that no amount of torture could make you honestly deny the truth of it. That is what it is like. Most of my Eureka moments come at waking. But sometimes they come in the day time if I won't let go of a question. I have said before that I am free to wonder and meditate more than most as I have few troubles and the few I have I don't let them rule me.

*Some understanding comes with these for me but some don't. Where do the ones that don't come from?

godnotgod

Thou art That
If the universe needs intelligence to order itself than earthquakes need vibrators to rumble.

Good observation. There is no intelligent orderer of the universe, nor an earthquake quaker, just as there is no 'It' that rains, when we say: 'it is raining'. So how does intelligence arise in the universe? Intelligence implies order, and we know that the universe reveals order.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Good observation. There is no intelligent orderer of the universe, nor an earthquake quaker, just as there is no 'It' that rains, when we say: 'it is raining'. So how does intelligence arise in the universe? Intelligence implies order, and we know that the universe reveals order.
BS, does gravity need intelligence to know which way to fall?