• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the universe need intelligence to order it?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Say a decision can turn out X or Y, and X is chosen. Then the question, What made the decision turn out X instead of Y? , is answered by a new decision between P and Q. If P is chosen, then the resulting opiniin is that P made the decision turn out X instead of Y.

That is the basic logic of how subjectivity works, how statements about what is good, loving and beautiful are arrived at.

The existence of God and the soul are also a matter of opinion.
That's just spiffy.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Cosmic Consciousness = Universal Consciousness = Enlightenment.

Unfortunately you haven't provided any credible support for this claim, not even in terms of your own personal experience.

Sorry but it's just an empty and worthless claim, and not worth any further discussion.

Rick O'Shez

Is not making the claim being deluded?

That's a good one, let's add it to the list! :p

So the question was asked: "Are you claiming to be enlightened?" It's actually a very straightforward question with a yes/no answer.

Replies so far:
"Have I ever?"
"Everyone is already enlightened."
"Am I?"
"Are you claiming to be fixated on the jerk of a knee?"
"Is not making a claim being deluded?"
"I am not making the claim to being enlightened, but that does not translate to being deluded."

I think that's a "no". ;)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It could be, but not for me, but for you, because you're reading the sentence incorrectly. IOW, I am not making the claim to being enlightened, but that does not translate to being deluded. Now do you see?
Ah... so you're just sort of a little bit enlightened? Itsy-bitsy, teeny, weeny Polka dotted Enlightenment?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

So the question was asked: "Are you claiming to be enlightened?" It's actually a very straightforward question with a yes/no answer.

Replies so far:
"Have I ever?"
"Am I?"
"I am not making the claim to being enlightened, but that does not translate to being deluded."

Meanwhile everything he is saying points to the moon of his understanding in that he is in fact enlightened.

And we can only shiver in anticipation of his next utterance from on high...

godnotgod

Thou art That

Replies so far:
"Have I ever?"
"Am I?"

You, like migthty mouse, are reading the sentence incorrectly. Is it obvious to you by now that I have never made such a claim either way? You must surmise that I must have a reason for not making such a claim.

Rick O'Shez

I have never made such a claim either way

OK.

Replies so far:
"Have I ever?"
"Am I?"
"I have never made such a claim either way."

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Yes, but did he provide information as to validity?
No.

But where do the laws come from that order everything? It seems no better an answer to stop there, and then have even more questions that before. There is science theory that says everything at its fundamental level in consciousness. Scripture has said it or hinted at it for a long long time now.
What brought the laws into existence? That is a good question. As of now it is unknown. But consciousness and intelligence is not required at any level as far as we know.

And what theory of science says everything at its fundamental level is consciousness> I would like a link.

Rick O'Shez

Can you answer?

I just did. Actually Theravada doesn't teach Buddha nature, but I'm happy to go along with your game. Nibbana is an individual experience and there is no idea of cosmic consciousness. But I've already explained all this to you.

Coming from you questions are never "direct and without ulterior motive". Nor are your answers.

Rick O'Shez

Are you claiming that I am enlightened?

Replies so far:
"Have I ever?"
"Am I?"
"I have never made such a claim either way."
"Are you claiming that I am enlightened?"

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
No.

What brought the laws into existence? That is a good question. As of now it is unknown. But consciousness and intelligence is not required at any level as far as we know.

And what theory of science says everything at its fundamental level is consciousness> I would like a link.
Reference Goswami or Hagelin. I know they are not accepted mainstream, but it is still a theory, in the one sense of the word.