• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does your spiritual God interact with the physical world?

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God
Is God working upon us or from within us, or maybe it's just us? Maybe you are giving too much credit to God and not enough to yourself? I'm not prepared to draw a conclusion.

It is both. Although our evolution is very slow if we don't take action. We ourselves hold the key to our salvation. Many prophets have come to show us the way. This is God's way of guiding our planet. We just have to cultivate love and faith to seek God in the right way. We must discern for ourselves what the right course of action is to search for him. God does guide and show you things in your own life that give you signs of his existance within and without you. You just have to be open to that guidance.

Beaudreaux

xkatz said:
Because I do.

(I'll add more to this later)
I look forward to reading it. Until then, I'll put you down for a "no reason"
Well I can't say how, after all I am human. I believe that G-d interacts on such a large scale, yet so subliminally, it's hard if not down right impossible for humans to comprehend this. I think that Biblical figures like Moses and Abraham were considered prophets b/c they were able to comprehend and understand these interactions.

Ok, I'll put you down for a "I have no idea"
He does it for a purpose that is beyond comprehension. The way G-d and the universe function are very mysterious.

...ok, I'll put you down for another "I have no idea"

May I ask why you believe things without any understaning?

xkatz

...ok, I'll put you down for another "I have no idea"

May I ask why you believe things without any understanding?

You're right I have "no idea" about G-d. Thus I prove my point.

I do not follow or believe blindly- rather I feel that believing is a part of learning. Learning through the experience of living helps us better understand our relationship w/ G-d and the universe. I may only be a "novice", but in a way, being a "novice" is a good thing :)

NeoSeeker

Searching Low & High
It is both. Although our evolution is very slow if we don't take action. We ourselves hold the key to our salvation. Many prophets have come to show us the way. This is God's way of guiding our planet. We just have to cultivate love and faith to seek God in the right way. We must discern for ourselves what the right course of action is to search for him. God does guide and show you things in your own life that give you signs of his existance within and without you. You just have to be open to that guidance.

The brain is a marvelous organ and can bring us insight and intense pleasure. Are we functioning as individuals, and are we connected to a mental network, and does the network include a divine being who cares about us? Right now my brain is buzzing with endorphins. Why? I don't know. Is that me or is that God trying to say hello? Was that God when I got the runner's high or my last orgasm? That's a big assumption. The real problem with this interpretation is trying to figure out besides the good feelings, what would God be trying to say to us?

Anyone hear voices? I certainly have not. :)

Beaudreaux

xkatz said:
You're right I have "no idea" about G-d. Thus I prove my point.

I do not follow or believe blindly- rather I feel that believing is a part of learning. Learning through the experience of living helps us better understand our relationship w/ G-d and the universe. I may only be a "novice", but in a way, being a "novice" is a good thing :)

Why do you feel compelled to assert there is a God at all?

xkatz

You are compelled to believe in God because you see no reason to assert the existence of one?

Well, you could say the same for atheism since science and what-not doesn't disprove the existence of G-d and nor does it prove that atheism is the truth (I believe truth to be relative anyways, each to his/her own :))

Beaudreaux

xkatz said:
Well, you could say the same for atheism since science and what-not doesn't disprove the existence of G-d and nor does it prove that atheism is the truth (I believe truth to be relative anyways, each to his/her own :))

I'm pretty sure this is a false comparison. Atheist refuse to make an assertion we see as unwarranted. We do not claim we can prove God does not exist. Such a thing is impossible. However, we recognize that there are an infinite number of things whose existence also cannot be disproved, so we don't assert a belief in them either.

Belief in God is an assertion. Atheism is not. We do not have the same reasons. I ask again. What is your reason for believing in something about which you readily admit you know almost nothing?

xkatz

What is your reason for believing in something about which you readily admit you know almost nothing?

Well, it is because I have seen things and experienced things that have led me to believe in G-d. To add on, IMO, there is no such thing as 'coincidence'.

As for you, I want to ask you a question as well- How is saying, there is absolutely no god whatsoever an assertion in itself? I mean, one can easily rule out certain concepts of god, but that doesn't mean science and logic can disprove all of them.

Beaudreaux

xkatz said:
Well, it is because I have seen things and experienced things that have led me to believe in G-d. To add on, IMO, there is no such thing as 'coincidence'.

What experiences have you had that lead you to assert the existence of a being you cannot explain and claim you know almost nothing about?
As for you, I want to ask you a question as well- How is saying, there is absolutely no god whatsoever an assertion in itself? I mean, one can easily rule out certain concepts of god, but that doesn't mean science and logic can disprove all of them.

I do not say "there is absolutely no God whatsoever". I simply do not see any evidence for one so I do not assert that one exists. Is there a reason I should?

xkatz

What experiences have you had that lead you to assert the existence of a being you cannot explain and claim you know almost nothing about?

Well they are of personal nature, so they would be very hard for someone else to understand. I know, it may sound like a cheap cop-out, but that's how I feel and I don't care if you think that I'm just trying to dodge the question b/c I am not; I sincerely feel that even if I were to explain it to you, you simply just wouldn't understand were I am coming from.

I do not say "there is absolutely no God whatsoever". I simply do not see any evidence for one so I do not assert that one exists. Is there a reason I should?

Fair enough. To each his own.

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!

Science indeed cannot disprove the existance of Deity.

However, science can, and has, disproved scripture, the sole source of any "evidence" of said Deity.

NeoSeeker

Searching Low & High

I am not claiming this is you, but I would suggest not taking everything at face value, don't get mired down in every day living. I feel there are processes going on in the background of our existence that we know little of and don't realize what effect they may have on us in this life or the next. I do not assert there is a "next life", but I came here once. I see no reason why it could not happen again. I try to connect with the intangibles. Philosophy and spirituality could be a good avenues for exploring the supreme mystery.

Science indeed cannot disprove the existance of Deity.

However, science can, and has, disproved scripture, the sole source of any "evidence" of said Deity.

Scripture is the Koolaid of the "belief for". ;)

Last edited:

Romeo Corbes

Yes, God through his comforter whom ask by Jesus Christ from the Him. The Comforter is the Holy Spirit. And He dwells among us now. I am a Disciple of the Holy Spirit.

Beaudreaux

Romeo Corbes said:
Yes, God through his comforter whom ask by Jesus Christ from the Him. The Comforter is the Holy Spirit. And He dwells among us now. I am a Disciple of the Holy Spirit.

Thank you for your response. How exactly does the Holy Spirit go about comforting people? Is this comfort of a physical nature or merely a sense of wellbeing/satisfaction in the face of pain and suffering?