• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Interview

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
I believe Kamala Harris is 1/4 African American. Here's her grandmother: Beryl Christie Harris's Family, Descendants, & Personal Life - DebraBernier

I believe that the only really accurate way to assess Kamala Harris's racial background is to do a complete DNA workup to see the exact amount of it that each ancestor has contributed in the past. Then we can assess the full extent to which she is really a "race chameleon" as Twilight Hue has claimed, and this important election year issue can be objectively presented to the public, which has a right to know. Meanwhile, I'm quite certain that Donald Trump is 100% racially pure. You can tell that by just looking at him, but you have to imagine him without the orange makeup.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
...Both her parents were both Tamili with her father being in the elite Tamili Brahman caste. Harris decided to be a race chameleon focusing her father's side where his parents were afro Jamaican which is where the black part comes from and her mother raised her to be a "strong black woman".

When you are discussing a subject with someone it is necessary to clarify whom you are referring to. Your original statement wasn't clear has to whether you were talking about Kamala or her mother, which caused understandable confusion. But instead of being polite you decided to be hostile and aggressive accusing everyone who asked you to clarify of not paying attention. Why did you choose to do that instead of simply clarifying what you meant?

I just want to underscore the source of the confusion caused by your post. You wanted both of your "her" pronouns to refer to Kamala Harris's Tamil mother, but only Kamala Harris was under discussion at the time you wrote that. Then you accurately pointed out that her father was Jamaican, not Tamil, which seemed to have contradicted what you just said about Kamala Harris. Then, after you said that, you mentioned the mother and posted the article referring to Kamala Harris's mother, which you wanted to be the anaphorical reference for the pronouns preceding the mention. Do you not realize how confusing that was? The only reasonable interpretation of those pronouns was Kamala Harris, not her mother. So you should have said:

"Both of Kamala Harris's mother's parents were Tamil..."

Not that this nonsense had anything to do with Kamala (or her mother?) being a "race chameleon", whatever you think that means.

Attachments

• image_2024-07-31_192944087.png
    image_2024-07-31_192944087.png
    877.4 KB · Views: 21
Actually I found it quite enjoyable. I figure the more people that he offends by showing his true colors the better it will be for America. Harris is already on top of Trump in polls, that should add a couple of more percentage points to her lead.
I agree. They should interview him more. In fact they should have a channel dedicated to following him around 24/7.

We Never Know

No Slack
I don't know if anyone saw this but right at first Trump says...
-it was a rude introduction, that the person was rude for not even saying hello.
-that when he was invited there he was told his opponent would be there. They aren't here so you invited me under false pretenses.
-that they were a half hour late because they couldn't get their equipment to work
-etc.

-it was a rude introduction, that the person was rude for not even saying hello.
-that when he was invited there he was told his opponent would be there. They aren't here so you invited me under false pretenses.
-that they were a half hour late because they couldn't get their equipment to work
-etc.

That was the point I cut out because I wasn't going to listen to his cringe bull**** for one more minute.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Actually I found it quite enjoyable. I figure the more people that he offends by showing his true colors the better it will be for America. Harris is already on top of Trump in polls, that should add a couple of more percentage points to her lead.
Its' not just offensive, he's senile, he apparently can't hear very well and it's all apparently the one lady's fault and like a child "she's being mean to me."
-etc.

iu

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Yeah, right wingers think anything south of Texas is Mexico.
I mean specifically someone who is American, not Latin American (except in heritage). Even if someone was born and raised here, in the eyes of these racist Conservatives this person is Mexican. Yes, it reflects this idea they must think everything South of of the Southern Border is Mexico, but it get worse than that as they deny they Americanness of American citizens.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Are you sure about that? Once again it appears that you did not read your own source since it does not make the claims that you make. In fact it says this about Harris's father:

"Donald was born in Jamaica in 1938. He was the son of Afro-Jamaican parents, and he had the majority of his schooling in the country. He eventually graduated from the University of the West Indies, per Biography."

LMAO!! Shyamala is not Kamala. did you not notice that the names are spelled differently. That should have been a clue. That describes Shyamala's two parents.
Which means is not as African-American to the extent that she thinks she is. Hence predominantly black. She's actually India American to the largest degree which is why I pointed her parents as being both Indian.

Now do you get it?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
When you are discussing a subject with someone it is necessary to clarify whom you are referring to. Your original statement wasn't clear has to whether you were talking about Kamala or her mother, which caused understandable confusion. But instead of being polite you decided to be hostile and aggressive accusing everyone who asked you to clarify of not paying attention. Why did you choose to do that instead of simply clarifying what you meant?
Because originally I thought you were smart enough to figure it out.

PureX

Veteran Member
What we saw is all he's got. That kind of petty whining and childish slander is who he is. It's all he has to offer intellectually and emotionally. And if he does choose to debate Kamala Harris this is exactly what we'll see. More of this idiotic boorish behavior. Because it's the only way he knows to respond to any sort of accusation. Or even respond to questions that are over his head intellectually, which will be any question of actual importance or substance. The minute Kamala or a narrator accuses him of lying, which he will do constantly, this is exactly how he will respond. It's all he knows.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I believe that the only really accurate way to assess Kamala Harris's racial background is to do a complete DNA workup to see the exact amount of it that each ancestor has contributed in the past.

Seriously? Sounds like something we might expect from the eugenics movement and the subsequent Third Reich.

Get this, people: neither white boys nor science get to determine whether or not Harris or any other black women is black enough.

We Never Know

No Slack
That was the point I cut out because I wasn't going to listen to his cringe bull**** for one more minute.
If what he said was true, it explains a little why he was pissy.

If he was invited there under false pretenses of being told his opponent would be there, then he was sorta set up IMO.

However it doesn't matter to me. Half of me wonders why he even stayed and set through it with his complaints while the other half of me knows his ignorance and arrogance probably thought it would be good exposure.

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I believe that the only really accurate way to assess Kamala Harris's racial background is to do a complete DNA workup to see the exact amount of it that each ancestor has contributed in the past. Then we can assess the full extent to which she is really a "race chameleon" as Twilight Hue has claimed, and this important election year issue can be objectively presented to the public, which has a right to know. Meanwhile, I'm quite certain that Donald Trump is 100% racially pure. You can tell that by just looking at him, but you have to imagine him without the orange makeup.
But suddenly some people do not care about this one iota, because it's how people IDENTIFY. I bet they'd be pretty surprised at my kids, who haven't even dated anyone African American, though I wouldn't mind if they did. I mean, my kids LOOK African American. Their dad is actually pretty dark skinned and my kids vary but they all look African American and they are half African American (DNA tests prove this). So anyway, I agree with what you're saying but it will never happen. By the way, I wanted to point out something - I sent off my DNA results along with my husband's (not my first, African American husband - I dated and married a white guy after my first marriage). My dad had done tons of work on our family tree, which was full of dark haired and dark eyed people (myself included, though my skin is very pale) and stories about Native American princesses. But I sent both off because my poor husband, who looked totally like a Viking, with blonde hair, a straight nose, and blue eyes, didn't know much about his ancestry. Lo and behold, his came back showing southern European ancestry, and African American ancestry, and even Jewish ancestry, while mine only showed what I already knew - English, Scottish, and German. His was in technicolor and mine was all blue! I was so jealous! (And I didn't have a single drop of Native American ancestry.) And he looked like he could have been a poster child for the Lebensborn (Nazi Germany) program! So you never can tell.

My great grandson was just born, to parents who look totally white (though his mom is 1/4th African American). His skin is quite a bit darker than either of his parents.