• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Interview

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You may not care, but apparently SOMEONE does because I just got a notification on my phone from MSN saying, before any of her other qualifications, that if Harris wins the general election in November, she will be the first woman, black woman,cerned and south Asian woman to win, and that she's already the first woman, black person, and Asian person to be the vice president.
I can't and won't try and control what others may think. As far as "race" is concerned, we in anthropology generally avoid using that term.

In my Intro to Anthro course, I held up a picture of a human skeleton and asked my students which race this individual was? By and large, they were puzzled. Obviously, there's no way of knowing with any certainty of being correct.

BTW, my "race" is pretty much a Heinz 57 as my wife & I did the "23 and Me" dna test. How about you?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I can't and won't try and control what others may think. As far as "race" is concerned, we in anthropology generally avoid using that term.

In my Intro to Anthro course, I held up a picture of a human skeleton and asked my students which race this individual was? By and large, they were puzzled. Obviously, there's no way of knowing with any certainty of being correct.

BTW, my "race" is pretty much a Heinz 57 as my wife & I did the "23 and Me" dna test. How about you?
I did it too and my results were exactly as expected, no surprises except that there are apparently no Indian Princesses in my family tree. My results were all British, Scottish, and German. Dark blue and medium blue. My husband's on the other hand were very colorful and that was surprising because he looks like a poster child for the Lebensborn Project! (one of Hitler's youth projects) He even had African and Jewish ancestry, with his blonde hair, blue eyes, and hawkish nose!

metis

I did it too and my results were exactly as expected, no surprises except that there are apparently no Indian Princesses in my family tree. My results were all British, Scottish, and German. Dark blue and medium blue. My husband's on the other hand were very colorful and that was surprising because he looks like a poster child for the Lebensborn Project! (one of Hitler's youth projects)

Cool.

One big surprise for me is I'm a descendent of three kings of Ireland. Maybe that's why my wife says I'm a royal pain in the arse?

Kathryn

Cool.

One big surprise for me is I'm a descendent of three kings of Ireland. Maybe that's why my wife says I'm a royal pain in the arse?
I read somewhere that Americans have more of a chance being related to European royalty than Europeans do. I don't know if that's true or not but I am related to many of them. Hey, maybe WE'RE related!

metis

I read somewhere that Americans have more of a chance being related to European royalty than Europeans do. I don't know if that's true or not but I am related to many of them. Hey, maybe WE'RE related!
Oh, heaven forbid! o_O

LOL!

Kathryn

Oh, heaven forbid! o_O

LOL!
Hey, it could happen but I rather doubt it. My ancestry is basically British, Scottish, and German. So all around you but not really. But many of the royal families are related.

Kathryn

Hemophilia is a sign of being related to British royalty.
It can be but it also manifested itself in the Russian line of royalty, through intermarriage with the British. Also, lots of plain ol' people have it, I guess. I don't though...

Kathryn

My wife was born and raised in a small village in Sicily where there was a lot of 1st cousin marriages, and that lack of diversity has led to many with serious mental issues and hypertension.
And there was the Hapsburg jaw...

Kathryn

You just can't marry your first cousin.

Hey, my husband and I found out via 23andme that we were fifth cousins and that grossed me out!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Cool.

I'm 48% Scotland, 39% England and North-Western Europe, 6% Norway, 4% Ireland, 2% Wales and 1% East European Roma.

And I've traced ancestors back to 1740 (reign of King George II), and there's not a trace of even minor nobility in all of it. Dead common, as the Brits like to put it.

Kathryn

I'm 48% Scotland, 39% England and North-Western Europe, 6% Norway, 4% Ireland, 2% Wales and 1% East European Roma.

And I've traced ancestors back to 1740 (reign of King George II), and there's not a trace of even minor nobility in all of it. Dead common, as the Brits like to put it.
Though my last name is Irish, I married into it and am not Irish one bit. I take that back, a trace of it but nothing substantial. Oh well.

I am sure you are just fine the way you are!