• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Interview

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I watched Donald Trump being interviewed in Chicago for the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ), and I have to say, if this is a guy trying to drum up some support from black voters, he is totally off his rocker. It was, in my opinion, the single worst interview I have ever seen in my life -- and I've seen a lot.

Just one really quick quote, to give you a taste -- Trump claimed that Kamala Harris "has always been Indian, then decided to turn black, and should be investigated for it."

I'm linking just an overview by one (admittedly left-wing) source, but you can find the entire online if you wish, though I have to say I only recommend it to people who like poking dead animals with sticks.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I watched Donald Trump being interviewed in Chicago for the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ), and I have to say, if this is a guy trying to drum up some support from black voters, he is totally off his rocker. It was, in my opinion, the single worst interview I have ever seen in my life -- and I've seen a lot.

Just one really quick quote, to give you a taste -- Trump claimed that Kamala Harris "has always been Indian, then decided to turn black, and should be investigated for it."

I'm linking just an overview by one (admittedly left-wing) source, but you can find the entire online if you wish, though I have to say I only recommend it to people who like poking dead animals with sticks.

Both her parents were both Tamili with her father being in the elite Tamili Brahman caste. Harris decided to be a race chameleon focusing her father's side where his parents were afro Jamaican which is where the black part comes from and her mother raised her to be a "strong black woman".

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I am just asking for enlightenment. Your unwillingness to sharing the source of your enlightened opinion is making me suspicious. Do you have a source for your information - yes or no?
I will let you figure that out on your own. You still obviously are not paying attention.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Both her parents were both Tamili with her father being in the elite Tamili Brahman caste. Harris decided to be a race chameleon focusing her father's side where his parents were afro Jamaican which is where the black part comes from and her mother raised her to be a strong black woman.

She did not "decide to be a race chameleon", but it is easy to see why Republicans are sensitive as to the racial identity of candidates. Trump lied about not knowing of her early identification, because we all learned about her being bussed to an integrated school as a child. She graduated from Howard University long before she became a public figure. There has never been a time in her life when she did not identify as African and Asian American, because that is what she has been all her life.

What Trump was doing there was to try to foment division within the black community in a way that would soften support for her at the ballot box. In fact, I would say that his attendance at the NABJ conference was done not so much to appeal to black voters as to message his own base about own racial biases and demonstrate a willingness to insult the black community to their faces. He has had a reputation for racism since even before the Central Park Five scandal in which he called for the death penalty even after the accused youths were proven innocent beyond any doubt. The first question asked at the NABJ was how he justified some of his past racist and sexist comments, and he deflected the question by calling it "rude" and attacking the questioner. He did not bother to justify what he was on record as saying. His remarks about Harris were purely racist and insulting, but that was the point. He even falsely claimed not to know what "DEI" meant, even though it has been in the news lately as a dog whistle tactic.

See: Central Park gate honors wrongly imprisoned ‘Exonerated 5'