• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Donald Trump Jr. Just Tweeted Out Pretty Clear Evidence That He Broke The Law [...]"

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
It is more than entertaining and has a deeper purpose, as it did with Hillary. You are right, it probably won't amount to much legally now. It should, but it won't. What it does do is make Trumps agenda untenable and his re-election nearly impossible.

Besides which, at this point I don't think I want Trump to be booted out. I would rather have an incompetent who is unlikely to be able to do anything at the helm than a true believer like Pence, who republicans would rally behind like Moses marching on the promise land.

Yes, I wonder if folks have considered what would happen if Trump does get booted.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Yes, what law is that breaking?

If he is really breaking the law, he'll be prosecuted. If not he won't.
Correct, which is why the republicans and FBI found Clinton not guilty of breaking any laws. But I'd say the majority of republicans believe she should be in jail. See how powerful russian fake news is?

That's just election propaganda. Saturation.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
That isn't true. He won't be prosecuted whether he broke the law or not. See Hillary having the FBI director in a national broadcast state that she broke the law but would not be prosecuted.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Correct, which is why the republicans and FBI found Clinton not guilty of breaking any laws. But I'd say the majority of republicans believe she should be in jail. See how powerful russian fake news is?

That's just election propaganda. Saturation.

I think what this is, is speculation before any facts are established. Arm chair politics by the news media. Shouldn't matter what Republican or Democrats think should happen, only what actually happens.

All these news shows are just commentators, not reporting the news but expressing opinions. That's all fine as long as folks don't start mistaking these opinions as facts.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That isn't true. He won't be prosecuted whether he broke the law or not. See Hillary having the FBI director in a national broadcast state that she broke the law but would not be prosecuted.

Then we won't really know if he broke the law. We along with the media source are just speculating.

You can believe he broke the law, but unless convicted, that belief is not validated. That's all I'm saying. So believe away, nothing stopping folks from expressing their opinions about stuff.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Yes, what law is that breaking?

You're not bothering to read this thread, are you?? Its been made very clear what law he was breaking, collusion with foreign agents......

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Then we won't really know if he broke the law. We along with the media source are just speculating.

You can believe he broke the law, but unless convicted, that belief is not validated. That's all I'm saying. So believe away, nothing stopping folks from expressing their opinions about stuff.

You're not very good with legal matters are you?? He clearly broke the law, whether he is prosecuted or not has little to do with whether he is guilty or not.

David1967

Premium Member
There was nothing wrong with what that video showed. Don't fall for the propaganda and what GOP media spun it into. I clearly didn't hear Obama say he's interested in the Russian government hacking America for op research.
How can you even try to make the comparison? This is the result of propaganda daily for a decade.

I watch CSPAN in the morning and I'm still hearing conservatives call in blaming Clinton and Obama for everything. And they're still told lies, by GOP media, that Clinton sold Russia 20% of our uranium?

People need to learn how to fact check, Hannity and the gaggle of conservative entertainers are intentionally deceiving the public.

Fact-checking Trump’s tweets about Clinton and Russia
Donald Trump's Mostly False claim on Hillary and uranium
Donald Trump claims — falsely — that Hillary Clinton gave Russia 20% of US uranium
FACT CHECK: Hillary Clinton Gave 20 Percent of United States' Uranium to Russia in Exchange for Clinton Foundation Donations?
No, Hillary Clinton did not "give Russia 20 percent of the uranium" in the US
Clinton ‘Uranium Deal’ & Russia: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

I'm really not sure what you are finding objectionable here: what "Russia thing" are you referencing from the video you posted?

Any and every instance of our government or President working with Russia is not inappropriate.

It is, however, inappropriate to work with Russia to get yourself (or your candidate) elected.

OK. I am not personally finding it objectionable. I don't much care for the GOP, or the DNC. I think they both play us as they see fit. My point is that they both seem to scream at the other side for a lot of the same stuff depending on which side is benefitting at the moment. When Obama was president the GOP showed the video I posted as evidence that Obama was in with the Russians. Trump is president now and we have the DNC and e mails as evidence of him being in with Russia. Same old story. Keep the fighting going and nothing productive for the average citizen gets done.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And therein lies the key.
Ya, but when I play your link dealing with Obama, it's not at all the same as when we deal with what we have repeatedly seen with the Trump team.

I don't believe anyone believes there was collusion with the Obama team and the Russians on anything suspicious, but that certainly ain't the case with the Trump team. We now have five with the latter who have lied and/or not submitted information dealing with Russian contacts to get security clearances or to get help from the Russians that violates U.S. election laws as felonies.

Nous

Premium Member
But the issue of intent is fundamental here.
His emails in which he set up and his acts by which he attended the meeting with the Russian lawyer definitely met the voluntary act requirement of the Model Penal Code--they were not reflexes or convulsions, bodily movements during sleep or conduct during hypnosis. His setting up and attending the meeting was not something that happened due to his negligence. He knowingly and purposefully set up and attended the meeting in which he knew the Russian lawyer had expressed or implied a promise to contribute a thing of value in connection with a federal election.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Breaking the rules with impunity is just part of America being great again. Now, go buy some wonderful cosmetic products from Ivanka Trump. They're really the best cosmetic products you can buy, and buying them will help make America great again. Believe me.

Bob the Unbeliever

Then we won't really know if he broke the law.

Actually, we do know-- he SAID he did. He admitted he was seeking information to throw an election.

The very silly cry of "entrapment" from the alt-right crowd does not fly: Law enforcement uses this technique all the time to get and convict criminals.

The trumpspawn is as guilty as Charles Manson. And just as crazy...

tytlyf

Not Religious
I think what this is, is speculation before any facts are established. Arm chair politics by the news media. Shouldn't matter what Republican or Democrats think should happen, only what actually happens.

All these news shows are just commentators, not reporting the news but expressing opinions. That's all fine as long as folks don't start mistaking these opinions as facts.
Ya, I get the conservative entertainment talking points. I wouldn't trust them. There's plenty of evidence there, the FBI doesn't just start multiple investigations with no evidence.

Evidence is a requirement.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You're not bothering to read this thread, are you?? Its been made very clear what law he was breaking, collusion with foreign agents......

What ever happen to "innocent until proven guilty"?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You're not very good with legal matters are you?? He clearly broke the law, whether he is prosecuted or not has little to do with whether he is guilty or not.

Nope, that's why I let judges and lawyers deal with it.
If you want to convict DT Jr without a trial, evidence bring brought forth, no cross examination sure, but no one cares.

Innocent people get convicted and the guilty go free sometimes, but it's what we got. If his guilt is a clear as you seem to think it is, what are you worried about?

Last edited: