• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Downward spiral of morals in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burl

Ah; That settles it...(scratches head over 'queer' differentiation)
They're not quite the same. Bisexuals aren't necessarily accepting of trans people. Plus, "bi" implies a sex/gender binary which "pansexual" pointedly doesn't. "Pansexual", not only being a sexual identity, has socio-political connotations that "bisexual" doesn't. It's like "queer" in that way.

shava

If something is labelled a disorder it is by definition considered not normal :facepalm:
I agree, that's why it's no longer considered a disorder, I'm referring to the 302.2 , which states as long as it doesn't cause the pedophilia stress either in his occupation or his social life or in any other major areas in life, then he has no disorder, thus needs no mental health care. You can revue my post # 52 I believe it is, for exact quoting on the issue from the American Psychiatric Diagnostic Handbook, version 4.

von bek

Just like the transsexuals finally got there rights, so they to are happy now, and soon, since the psychiatric professionals have given the pedophiles a clean bill of normalcy, they to are crying loud by contacting there legislators to start there whining for there rights to be happy and hang there letter with the other sexual perverted people in this world, that being the letter " P ". This is nothing more than an absolute disgrace.

The "P" refers to pansexual. You know that. Why are you pretending that you have forgotten? If you have an honest argument, be honest.

Scott C.

Just one guy
The LGBTQ has added another letter to there logo, it's now LGBTQP which is Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transsexual, Queer, and now pedophilia. Folks, this country has spiraled downward since 1961, when divorce was the big issue, and now, we have all of this to deal with, pitiful. We need God in our lives more now than ever before.

There is a downward spiral of morals in America (and the world). Some call it progress. I call it a downward spiral. I don't compare homosexuality to pedophilia. This is not an attack on anyone of any sexual persuasion. But I predict that within maybe 20-30 years, it will be considered acceptable and even necessary for adults to have sex with children. There will be false studies that show that children mature better and are more prepared for adult life if "responsible" adults participate in sex acts with them. Sex education in school will include demonstrations and participation. Children will be strongly encouraged to participate because "enlightened psychologists" and the "latest studies" know better than any outdated conservative nut jobs. Parents who refuse to allow this to happen to their children will be seen as abusive and as unfit parents. Society will decide that any resistance that children have towards this is the result of cultural brain washing and body shaming. That which is done today while hiding in the dark with sinister motives, will become mainstream, as it's practiced in the light of day in the name of progress and with the approbation of "experts" and sophisticated people. It will probably start with 14+ year olds and then move to 12 year olds as more studies show that 14 may be too late. That will go so well, that new false studies will show that it's best for the child to start before puberty. It will probably go down to 8-10 year olds. Wait and see. It's gonna happen...

Last edited:

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I agree, that's why it's no longer considered a disorder, I'm referring to the 302.2 , which states as long as it doesn't cause the pedophilia stress either in his occupation or his social life or in any other major areas in life, then he has no disorder, thus needs no mental health care. You can revue my post # 52 I believe it is, for exact quoting on the issue from the American Psychiatric Diagnostic Handbook, version 4.

And yet you can't spell 'paraphilic disorder' without the word 'disorder', which your own post does.

DSM-5[edit]
The DSM-5 adds a distinction between paraphilias and paraphilic disorders, stating that paraphilias [do not require or justify psychiatric treatment] in themselves, and defining paraphilic disorder as "a paraphilia that is currently causing distress or impairment to the individual or a paraphilia whose satisfaction has entailed personal harm, or risk of harm, to others".[5]

So yes, paedophilia is still a disorder; particularly when the quote immediately above rings true.

Do you actually think that a Christian cares about your opinion on religious matters in which you are completely biblically absent of?

You should considering atheists are generally better-versed in Christian scripture than Christians.

shava

The "P" refers to pansexual. You know that. Why are you pretending that you have forgotten? If you have an honest argument, be honest.
I never coined it, you did, I have always referred to P in regards to the documentation it refers to, and it's not pansexual, so please, try not to be dishonest next time, or better yet, just don't comment to me. Can you not see there talking about two different types, one is a disorder the other is not, can't you read, [do not require or justify psychiatric treatment].

Last edited:

Onyx

Premium Member
There is a downward spiral of morals in America (and the world). Some call it progress. I call it a downward spiral. I don't compare homosexuality to pedophilia. This is not an attack on anyone of any sexual persuasion. But I predict that within maybe 20-30 years, it will be considered acceptable and even necessary for adults to have sex with children. There will be false studies that show that children mature better and are more prepared for adult life if "responsible" adults participate in sex acts with them. Sex education in school will include demonstrations and participation. Children will be strongly encouraged to participate because "enlightened psychologists" and the "latest studies" know better than any outdated conservative nut jobs. Parents who refuse to allow this to happen to their children will be seen as abusive and as unfit parents. Society will decide that any resistance that children have towards this is the result of cultural brain washing and body shaming. That which is done today while hiding in the dark with sinister motives, will become mainstream, as it's practiced in the light of day in the name of progress and with the approbation of "experts" and sophisticated people. It will probably start with 14 year olds and up and then move to earliest onset of puberty. That will go so well, that new false studies will show that it's best for the child to start before puberty. It will probably go down to 8-10 year olds. Wait and see. It's gonna happen...
Seriously? Where does this fantasy originate from?

shava

And yet you can't spell 'paraphilic disorder' without the word 'disorder', which your own post does.

So yes, paedophilia is still a disorder; particularly when the quote immediately above rings true.

You should considering atheists are generally better-versed in Christian scripture than Christians.
Try reading it again, this time open your eyes as this particular one is referring to when it causes impairment or distress, and yes this one is a disorder, now read the one above, your welcome. Forgive me for my spelling, as I am human, which we humans do make mistakes, and if you typed as much as I do, the odds are you'd make a mistake or two now and then.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You can't reason someone out of something they weren't reasoned into in the first place. I'm pretty sure this is a troll thread. Plus, if people think he's right, then they're in the same boat as him. You can't help those types. They only change if they want to change.
I agree.
However, there are always lurkers.

And what is it that is being said to Muslims that they seem to not speak pout against the bull **** spread in their name?

von bek

I never coined it, you did, I have always referred to P in regards to the documentation it refers to, and it's not pansexual, so please, try not to be dishonest next time, or better yet, just don't comment to me.

I will comment when you are being deceptive and slurring other members on this forum. Don't come and post messages on an open forum if you are unwilling to back up what you claim. Your words are meant to incite hatred and disgust at a community of people by tying them to heinous abusers of children. You will get a pushback on that every time.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's gonna happen...
No, it won't. We have mountains of evidence and studies showing that children having sexual contact with adults is very damaging. We're actually moving towards having more protections for children than ever before. Child marriage, girls being pregnant as soon as they hit puberty, child labor, etc. all used to be common and accepted things. That changed over the past century in the Western world. Now there is starting to be more of an outcry against using corporal punishment on children. That's likely to be banned eventually. So you're dead wrong and have the social trends backwards.

All some mental health experts are trying to say is that pedophilia, while being disordered, isn't something shameful in of itself and can be managed. We should be lessening the stigma of simply having the attractions, providing more community support, therapy, etc. to help them keep from offending and to manage their impulses. That's all. No one is actually saying that sex with children is a good thing and should be allowed. There have been some very fringe psychologists, decades ago, who might have argued such things but their ideas weren't given heed and I'm not aware of any saying such things now.

shava

I will comment when you are being deceptive and slurring other members on this forum. Don't come and post messages on an open forum if you are unwilling to back up what you claim. Your words are meant to incite hatred and disgust at a community of people by tying them to heinous abusers of children. You will get a pushback on that every time.
I am neither being deceptive and slurring anyone on here, but you, on the other hand, have multiple times, and why, do you need the attention that bad?

shava

Laika

Premium Member
I am neither being deceptive and slurring anyone on here, but you, on the other hand, have multiple times, and why, do you need the attention that bad?

A Word of advice. Right now your ****ing off everyone, including the admins. You need to let this go. Either your going to make enemies out of everyone or the admins will have to put an end to this.

If you really want to make an impact here- you're going to have to be prepared to do so over the long term. That's how things change. Any value in your point of view is going to go out the window if you can't learn to live with people you disagree with. Whether your sincere or not, this can't go on indefinitely. Take a step back and think what you really want here.

Status
Not open for further replies.