• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Either Muhammad is a true or false prophet...no in between!

Do you think he is God's Prophet?

• Yes

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters

Shad

Veteran Member
Oh. Fair enough then. I apologize if I came off as overly aggressive.

You didn't. It is just one of those subjects that many do not like talking about. Regardless of religion there is a huge disconnect between how people view a religion and people now in comparison to how a religion was viewed and put into practical use by the state centuries ago.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Wow, you must have scored a high math grade at school(!)
or
You missed the point of the post completely.

No, I'm just good at reality and you're particularly poor at examples. Oh, and yes, I did get good grades in math, thanks.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
No, I'm just good at reality and you're particularly poor at examples. Oh, and yes, I did get good grades in math, thanks.

I thought that it was straightforward. Verily, this was perhaps because I was the one that typed it out :)

8 + = 10
^this is a false statement.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I thought that it was straightforward. Verily, this was perhaps because I was the one that typed it out :)

8 + = 10
^this is a false statement.

Without going back to look at the original post, I assumed you meant "8 + x = 10" because you said something about we had no way of knowing what filled in the blank. I pointed out that it was a fairly straightforward solution to the problem, that we can indeed know what fills in the blank. If that was not your intention, then this is not a straightforward problem.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
Without going back to look at the original post, I assumed you meant "8 + x = 10" because you said something about we had no way of knowing what filled in the blank. I pointed out that it was a fairly straightforward solution to the problem, that we can indeed know what fills in the blank. If that was not your intention, then this is not a straightforward problem.

No, not 8 + x = 10
but
8 + = 10

Some theistic people will try to convince you that 10 is the right answer. Other theistic people will try to convince you that 11 is the right answer.
What is the only logical answer? We don't know! Because we have an incomplete, baseless equation. Therefore, any answer you give, without factual evidence, has to be wrong.
And this is the "Is there a deity" question answered.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
No, not 8 + x = 10
but
8 + = 10

Some theistic people will try to convince you that 10 is the right answer. Other theistic people will try to convince you that 11 is the right answer.
What is the only logical answer? We don't know! Because we have an incomplete, baseless equation. Therefore, any answer you give, without factual evidence, has to be wrong.
And this is the "Is there a deity" question answered.

I understand what you're trying to get at, I just think you provided a very poor analogy.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
I understand what you're trying to get at, I just think you provided a very poor analogy.

Not really.
Verily, it has just been blown out of proportion--it was typed as a simple analogy. Whether it was a good or bad analogy is subjectively up to the reader.

mahasn ebn sawresho

I am not excusing Muslim atrocities. I am saying that life for Jews under Muslim rule tended to be better than Jews under Christian rule. They didn't have to worry about the 'Christ Killer' nonsense for one.
Jewsdispersedin the ground
If they are in small numbers in the Islamic States
And they pay the tribute regularly
Therefore keep their little in Islamic States
But large numbers were in Europe
This can be considered the economic motive because President
Onthe injusticesuffered byJews
But not because of religious
Because Christianity is not incompatible with Judaism

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Jewsdispersedin the ground
If they are in small numbers in the Islamic States
And they pay the tribute regularly
Therefore keep their little in Islamic States
But large numbers were in Europe
This can be considered the economic motive because President
Onthe injusticesuffered byJews
But not because of religious
Because Christianity is not incompatible with Judaism
Do I really have I bring up a list of all the crimes committed by Christian states against Judaism? You don't want that. It'll be as long as your arm. And I use that analogy with a purpose, because it all ended with numbers on a Jew's arm.

Harikrish

There is no doubt among Muslims Mohammad (pbuh) is a true prophet. But the same cannot be said about Jesus. Jesus was tried, convicted and put to death for blasphemy. The Jews rejected Jesus and among Christians there are 100's of denominations each with their own belief in what he was and said.

The prophet never claimed he was perfect or he was God, he ever used magic to trick his followers and never lied to them. This is yes why he has the unconditional love of 1.6 billion Muslims. To mock the prophet is to insult all Muslims.