• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eve more guilty than Adam

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
that's a very interesting point of view. so Adam betrayaled God knowingly but Eve didn't. then why both had to leave heaven?

Well, since they were given the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth, if Eve were cast out of the garden and Adam allowed to remain there, I can see a problem resulting from their separation, don't you? I believe Adam was not deceived, but that he chose to eat so that he, too, would be cast out, enabling them to stay together and repenish the earth.

.lava

Veteran Member
Well, since they were given the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth, if Eve were cast out of the garden and Adam allowed to remain there, I can see a problem resulting from their separation, don't you? I believe Adam was not deceived, but that he chose to eat so that he, too, would be cast out, enabling them to stay together and repenish the earth.

i would have expected Eve to remain in heaven though :) if she was unaware of what she was doing, isn't it unfair to take her out of heaven to experience this reality?

yes, multiply. that's another issue. i am trying to understand how you'd explain justice according to this point of view. why aware and unaware ones get the same result?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
that's a very interesting point of view. so Adam betrayaled God knowingly but Eve didn't. then why both had to leave heaven?

because as i said, they both committed the same crime against God.

death was the consequences regardless.

blackout

Violet.
I don't understand how you can make a correlation between the two. Satan had a motive because he was jealous of the worship God was recieving. What exactly did God have to gain? Oh top of that, why go through all the trouble of getting his first born son Jesus to die to redeem/free mankind from the result of what the first human pair did?

That makes ZERO sense.

The Jewish understanding of Satan
does not agree with your own.

(and neither does mine, though I am neither jewish or christian)

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Do you think Eve is more guilty than Adam, considering that she was the one to initially sin? It seems to me that this would inherently be the case.
Did Ever somehow 'force' Adam to partake of the forbidden fruit?
Did Eve somehow 'trick' Adam into partaking of the forbidden fruit?

If not, then how is Adam any less guilty?

Acim

Revelation all the time
The lack of understanding and discernment in this thread makes me nervous... for humanity. Any wonder why we are where we are (believed to be separate and suffering)?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
That makes ZERO sense.
I completely agree.
It doesn't make any sense, especially if one believes that God is all know and all powerful.

Interestingly enough, why did God allow the serpent in the garden in the first place?
I mean with his being all knowing, he had to have known not only that the serpent was there but also what the serpent was up to and even the outcome of the serpent being there.

yet he allows it all to happen....

Nope, most of the ideas/explanations/etc. for the Adam and Eve story make no sense at all.

And then you have those who try to use Adam an Eve as arguments against polygamy, homosexuality, etc.

truly baffling it is.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The lack of understanding and discernment in this thread makes me nervous... for humanity. Any wonder why we are where we are (believed to be separate and suffering)?
um...
because all the all powerful, all knowing deities that have to have humans do all their talking and all their actions for them instead of doing either themselves?

Just a guess mind you.

blackout

Violet.
As the christian version goes,

they were both followers.
No difference really there.

They just followed along, one after the other,
responding to 'suggestion'.
Like dominoes all set up to fall.

.lava

Veteran Member

that's probably because Adam and Eve did not get the chance to eat the entire tree or maybe there is understanding and there is more to understand & no reason to be nervous about it

.lava

Veteran Member
because as i said, they both committed the same crime against God.

death was the consequences regardless.

i still find this a little confusing. don't you think God cares for intention of individual as he judges him?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
i still find this a little confusing. don't you think God cares for intention of individual as he judges him?

he cares about 'OUR' motives, yes.

The context of this thread is whether Eve was more guilty then Adam. It really makes no difference either way for them because there is no room for forgiveness for what they did anyway. I am merely pointing out that, while they are both guilty of the same crime, Adam was more guilty because he knew exactly what he was doing so his motive was intentional.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Eve accepted her mistake I beleive. Adam blamed God.

I think God got more ***** about the blaming than the disobidience.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Eve accepted her mistake I beleive. Adam blamed God.

I think God got more ***** about the blaming than the disobidience.

Gen 3:12 And the man went on to say: “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me [fruit] from the tree and so I ate.” 13 With that Jehovah God said to the woman: “What is this you have done?” To this the woman replied: “The serpent—it deceived me and so I ate.”

Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the serpent

Me Myself

Back to my username
Gen 3:12 And the man went on to say: “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me [fruit] from the tree and so I ate.” 13 With that Jehovah God said to the woman: “What is this you have done?” To this the woman replied: “The serpent—it deceived me and so I ate.”

Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the serpent

Look more closely:

“The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me [fruit] from the tree and so I ate.”

He blamed God very clearly. It´s like someone trips over the cake you just did and ruins it and you tell him:

"you ruined my cake!"

and he tells you:

"I tripped on the merengue you spilt on the floor, so that is why I ruined your cake"

Now it would be different to say:

"sorry, I slipped on the merengue, can I help you make a new one?"

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
he cares about 'OUR' motives, yes.

The context of this thread is whether Eve was more guilty then Adam. It really makes no difference either way for them because there is no room for forgiveness for what they did anyway. I am merely pointing out that, while they are both guilty of the same crime, Adam was more guilty because he knew exactly what he was doing so his motive was intentional.

Actually in Genesis 3 Eve clearly states that she knows she shouldn't eat of the tree of knowledge...to the serpent, nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:

gnostic

The Lost One
If anyone is to be blamed, then I would say God would be at the top of the list. If he truly didn't want to sin or disobey, then it was pretty stupid of him of putting that Tree in the Garden.

But if it was a test, then God had manipulated them into "disobeying" him.

Landerage

Araknor
Omg look at what people are arguing about... Indeed we touched the superficial surface of religion, and the core is still intact