• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even Republicans are beginning to notice Trump's dementia.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Calling someone a rapist is also defamation.
Not if they have been convicted of rape.
You know, like Trump.

Plenty of people have lost their reputation and much more over simple accusations like that, even after proven to be false.
You are not going to prove the title of rapist false for Trump.
He has been convicted of rape.

Heck, I myself have been lied about and lost a job because of a lie someone told about me.
What does that have to do with Trump having legally earned the title rapist?

Should I have also been sued for defamation when I tried to defend myself over the false allegation?
If in your "defense" you defamed them, yes.

Ask Trump how that works.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Calling someone a rapist is also defamation. Plenty of people have lost their reputation and much more over simple accusations like that, even after proven to be false.
Not if they're a rapist.
Heck, I myself have been lied about and lost a job because of a lie someone told about me. Should I have also been sued for defamation when I tried to defend myself over the false allegation?
Did they demonstrate in a court of law that you're a rapist?

Laniakea

Not of this world
Not if they have been convicted of rape.
You know, like Trump.

You are not going to prove the title of rapist false for Trump.
He has been convicted of rape.

What does that have to do with Trump having legally earned the title rapist?

If in your "defense" you defamed them, yes.

Then what if I claimed you to be a rapist? Will you deny it? Better not, or I could sue you for defamation, and I would win. Ask Trump how that works.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Then what if I claimed you to be a rapist?
Claim away.
I will deny it.

Will you deny it?
Yes.
Better not, or I could sue you for defamation, and I would win.
Nope.
because unlike Trump, I would not defame you in my denial.

If this is the best you got, you should stop whilst you still have one foot out your mouth.

I do not need to ask Trump how it works.
I already know.

Do you think Trump learned anything with his epic failure at handling his defamation cases?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes.
If a person is being accused of a crime, they have the right to say it didn't happen. It's also up to the accuser to prove that the accused is guilty of anything, and is not entitled to big money based on the opposition of the accused.
You did not follow the trials. Trump was shown to be guilty. He was too afraid to even take the stand. Since he was too afraid to testify in the first trial he was banned from trying to defend himself in that way in the trial that was only about how much more money that he owed her.

And I need to remind you that Trump got sued not because he denied raping E. Jean Carroll. He got sued for defaming her. In that case the only just solution is to fine a person based upon how much money that they owe.

Let's say that you were the one defaming Carroll. For you a $5,000.00 fine would probably be enough to keep you from lying about her any longer. You could still deny the claims and state that you were innocent, but you could not attack Carroll. Trump has a lot more money. $5,000 would mean nothing to him. He would gladly pay $5,000 a day to lie about her. He was fined $5,000,000 in the first case. And Trump was the one that proved that was not a high enough fine. He kept defaming Carroll. Once again, you can still proclaim your innocence. You cannot continue to lie about and defame the person that you raped. The second time around they took a better look at his wealth and decided that $83,000,000 was a better figure. And so far Trump agrees.

F1fan

Veteran Member
So the latest Trump tactic is filing a motion to toss the whole lawsuit because the judge and Carroll's lawyer happened to work at the same lawfirm 20 years ago. Habba claimed a conflict of interest in an aggressive letter and then backed off when she was in danger of being sactioned.

So Trump has less than 30 days to either pay Carroll the money, or come up with money to put in an escrow bond if he wants to file an appeal. It would have to be cash or collateral to get a bond. He is currently looking for lawfirms that will file the appeal. They will surely demand money upfront given his tendency to not pay those he hires. It may be the case that no one wants to represent him in such a lost cause. A lawfirm would charge an excessive amount just to make it worth their while. At best he can argue for a lesser amount, but he will have to pay regardless.

Trump's political action committees spent 50 million on his legal fees in 2023, not his own money, but money that was donated by supporters. Will his supoprters be willing to donate millions to cover his defamation, plus the legal fees? And Trump still faces the estimated $370 million fine in the next week. If he apveals that decision it will be the same situation of posting a bond, which again is real money, either the whole amount or a percentage. Either way he will have to come up with cash or sign over collateral, which he will lose if he loses the appeal.

This means if he doesn't have the cash and signs over Trump Tower as collateral, and he loses the appeal, he loses Trump Tower.

If Trump doesn't have dementia he has plenty of stress in life to be disturbed.

Last edited: