• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

? Everyone is Equal ?

God claims 'everyone is equal' but yet people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual is suddenly NOT equal. suddenly they are different and should go to hell. these people are born this way, its who they are! and if everyone is 'made from God' why did he make them that way? to go through real hell in life, and then just get rejected! some of them even worship God. also, if they are made from him doesnt that make him gay, lesbian, bisexual? -just saying

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Mankind are also suffering from terminal illnessess too... does that mean that God must have made them that way? Is it God who made a person to be born blind? Did he create some with deformities which prevent them from walking and talking?

Have you considered that these problems are the result of our imperfection?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Mankind are also suffering from terminal illnessess too... does that mean that God must have made them that way? Is it God who made a person to be born blind? Did he create some with deformities which prevent them from walking and talking?

Do you believe God has some grand plan?
Do you believe things happen that are not a part of Gods plan?

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
God DOES want everyone to be saved. And really, my own sins are worse than those of any gay/lesbian/bisexual person, and those people are often better Christians than I am. Why should I say how bad others have it? Isn't saying that anyone is at a disadvantage in terms of their ability to be redeemed, in and of itself a form of judging others?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Do you believe God has some grand plan?
Do you believe things happen that are not a part of Gods plan?

I believe God does have a plan, yes. It is to get us out of this plight we are in and restore us to what he originally intended.

Imperfection was not part of his plan....and i can say this because he has promised to remove it from us. Why would he vow to fix something if its not broke?

Blackdog22

Why are they a result of our imperfection? Who determines the consequences for being imperfect?

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
God claims 'everyone is equal' but yet people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual is suddenly NOT equal. suddenly they are different and should go to hell. these people are born this way, its who they are! and if everyone is 'made from God' why did he make them that way? to go through real hell in life, and then just get rejected! some of them even worship God. also, if they are made from him doesnt that make him gay, lesbian, bisexual? -just saying

Its very strange for you to believe in a God that would contradict itself. You don't seem to be happy about it. Why do you believe God said any of this junk?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I believe God does have a plan, yes. It is to get us out of this plight we are in and restore us to what he originally intended.

Imperfection was not part of his plan....and i can say this because he has promised to remove it from us. Why would he vow to fix something if its not broke?
So we humans messed up Gods plan with "our" imperfection?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member

Some perfect creator..... doesn't add up.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
So we humans messed up Gods plan with "our" imperfection?

only 3 individuals messed it up for us... satan, Adam and Eve.

They introduced imperfection, God will remove it....nothing can thwart his plans.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If God is fully sovereign, then yes, all those things must have been God's will for them to have happened.

An imperfection that God was incapable of overcoming? I don't see how our "imperfection" changes the equation; there are still only two possibilities, assuming God:

- events have unfolded in accordance with God's will
- events have unfolded contrary to God's will

If God's will has ever been thwarted, then God is not fully sovereign. If God is fully sovereign, then everything that has ever happened was in accordance with his will.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
If God is fully sovereign, then yes, all those things must have been God's will for them to have happened.

An imperfection that God was incapable of overcoming? I don't see how our "imperfection" changes the equation; there are still only two possibilities, assuming God:

- events have unfolded in accordance with God's will
- events have unfolded contrary to God's will

If God's will has ever been thwarted, then God is not fully sovereign. If God is fully sovereign, then everything that has ever happened was in accordance with his will.

the first man chose independence from God. God didnt choose it for the man, man took it without regard to the consequences. God allowed it to continue for a time... but once that time has expired, God will reel mankind in again.

He is not forever more going to allow this independence we have... independence is killing us and it has to end.

Iti oj

Premium Member

Fixing his own faulty design? God must be a software enginer.

Iti oj

Premium Member
only 3 individuals messed it up for us... satan, Adam and Eve.

They introduced imperfection, God will remove it....nothing can thwart his plans.

Where does it say satan has done any evil?