• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

? Everyone is Equal ?

chinu

chinu
Either sulight may fall on leaf, or may fall on flower, it gives equal heat for both of them to grow :)

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Either sulight may fall on leaf, or may fall on flower, it gives equal heat for both of them to grow :)

So gods love can not brighten all? Thought it warms the hearts of all?

Wolke

Perennialist
God claims 'everyone is equal' but yet people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual is suddenly NOT equal. suddenly they are different and should go to hell. these people are born this way, its who they are! and if everyone is 'made from God' why did he make them that way? to go through real hell in life, and then just get rejected! some of them even worship God. also, if they are made from him doesnt that make him gay, lesbian, bisexual? -just saying
From the standpoint of the ultimate Unity, equality is true in the tautological sense 1=1; from the standpoint of multiplicity, in which people consciously live, there is hierarchy, separation, and inequality. The truth is in the paradox of identity in difference.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
the first man chose independence from God. God didnt choose it for the man, man took it without regard to the consequences. God allowed it to continue for a time... but once that time has expired, God will reel mankind in again.

He is not forever more going to allow this independence we have... independence is killing us and it has to end.

So humanity is currently thwarting God's will?

Impressive. I didn't know we had it in ourselves to thwart the will of an omnipotent being. ;)

Wolke

Perennialist

Impressive. I didn't know we had it in ourselves to thwart the will of an omnipotent being. ;)
The preservation of the created order implies that God protects the general condition (i.e. illusion) of creaturely independence. Man's independence consists not in his having a separate will, but in identifying with only a fraction of who he is. From the standpoint of the ultimate Unity, the will of God and the will of creature are in perfect harmony.

WyattDerp

God claims 'everyone is equal' but yet people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual is suddenly NOT equal. suddenly they are different and should go to hell. these people are born this way, its who they are! and if everyone is 'made from God' why did he make them that way?

Mitchell and Webb explained this: Because (that so-called) God is "obviously not a giant see-through George Lucas meddling with an already perfect creation" ^^

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The preservation of the created order implies that God protects the general condition (i.e. illusion) of creaturely independence. Man's independence consists not in his having a separate will, but in identifying with only a fraction of who he is. From the standpoint of the ultimate Unity, the will of God and the will of creature are in perfect harmony.

So human evil is an expression of God's will? That seems to be an implication of what you're arguing. If so, it seems that the problem I raised is even more of an issue for your viewpoint than it is for Pegg's.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

not in the slightest. God has been working with individuals since the fall of mankind and there have always been some who have continued to uphold his sovereignty and abide by his laws.

Abel, Noah, Abraham, Job...the list goes on and on. Just because he has given mankind time to act independently doesnt mean they have thwarted Gods will. Gods will is being done by some...and when the time is right, he will put an end to those who refuse to.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
If God is fully sovereign, then yes, all those things must have been God's will for them to have happened.

An imperfection that God was incapable of overcoming? I don't see how our "imperfection" changes the equation; there are still only two possibilities, assuming God:

- events have unfolded in accordance with God's will
- events have unfolded contrary to God's will

If God's will has ever been thwarted, then God is not fully sovereign. If God is fully sovereign, then everything that has ever happened was in accordance with his will.

but why should God fix all our problems when we are choosing to live independently of him and rejecting his laws and sovereignty? He is not obligated to help us out here.

When a young man leaves home and goes it alone, it is not his parents responsiblity to pay his rent, bills, fix the leaky tap, feed the dog, collect the mail, earn the money....if he was still living at home with them, then yes, it is their responsibility. But when you leave home it becomes your responsibility to look after yourself.

that is the current situation of mankind. Adam left his protective home (Eden) and chose to go it alone. We are his children and we are also fending for ourselves.

There is an alternative however.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
What is he waiting for?

he is waiting for mankind to come to realise that they can't live without God. I think most people know that they need something more then mans rulership.... God is giving people time to return to him.

Just one month of events going on around the world are enough to tell anyone that there are forces in this world we cannot control and we need Gods intervention.... ASAP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oipYPFrfv8

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Where does it say satan has done any evil?

John 8:44 YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of [the lie

Hebrews 2:14 Therefore, since the “young children” are sharers of blood and flesh, he also similarly partook of the same things, that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil

Revelation 12:9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth

Blackdog22

Me, neither. :shrug:

I know right, God is constantly showing favoritism throughout the Bible, and apparently, even today. I can't imagine such a being considering anyone equal, especially given his vote for different slavery laws depending on Jew/Non Jew.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
he is waiting for mankind to come to realise that they can't live without God. I think most people know that they need something more then mans rulership.... God is giving people time to return to him.
So what percentage of the planet has to realize it?
What are the other conditional modifiers?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
John 8:44 YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of [the lie

Hebrews 2:14 Therefore, since the “young children” are sharers of blood and flesh, he also similarly partook of the same things, that through his death he might bring to nothing the one having the means to cause death, that is, the Devil

Revelation 12:9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth

Claims, not show. You see much death and evil done for god because of god at his command but not a single death from satan.