• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone who hears of Jesus but does not accept Him is going to hell.

Everyone who does not accept Jesu is going to hell

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Everyone who does not accept Jesus is going to Hell.

What do you think? Yes, or no? If no, then what is basis for accepting Jesus?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

I can't figure out how the last question relates to the first one.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I can't figure out how the last question relates to the first one.

I mean, what is the incentive for accepting Jesu, if it has no meaning, besides calling oneself a Christian? This question is can be looked at two ways, actually; I have noticed that many calling themselves ''Christians'', just seem to be doing it from a want to have that label, /I assume partly from the heaven /hell tradition/, but, really, don't care what Xians are actually supposed to be doing/believe.

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
Seeing Jesus as important is not the same as accepting him in the specific Christian/Messianic Jew sense.

Even if you accept Jesus, it doesn't follow that there is a preclusion of nonbelievers from going to heaven.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I mean, what is the incentive for accepting Jesu, if it has no meaning, besides calling oneself a Christian? This question is can be looked at two ways, actually; I have noticed that many calling themselves ''Christians'', just seem to be doing it from a want to have that label, /I assume partly from the heaven /hell tradition/, but, really, don't care what Xians are actually supposed to be doing/believe.
Thanks for the clarification.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

Hi disciple

why you limiting the vote "YES" or " NO"

your pull vote missed the most important "option" which is : "I DON'T KNOW'

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Hi disciple

I think that voting 'I don't know', is essentially the same as not voting in the first place..If people don't know, then I would hope they don't vote either yes, or no. If they think, they know, then the vote is welcome. See what I mean?

gsa

No. But that is mostly because there's no indication that you will go to hell, heaven or cycle through samsara.

I am curious though, to see you answer Savagewind. What would it mean to "accept" Jesus? How does one "go" to hell? And what is this hell? Where is it?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I think that voting 'I don't know', is essentially the same as not voting in the first place..If people don't know, then I would hope they don't vote either yes, or no. If they think, they know, then the vote is welcome. See what I mean?
I see now

My point this issue is up ONLY to God , so He only who know .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
how about people like Hilter whom accepting Jesus (pbuh) they would go paradise ?
How about we Muslims whom accepting Jesus (pbuh)?

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
If you don't love Jesus for his own sake, but merely because you think his harvested body will be useful to you, IMO you are barely a Christian at all. It's like saying you're a Democrat because you want think assassinating Obama would save the country.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I shall assume that "accept Jesus" means to agree with the truth about Jesus. But I think there does not exist a person who knows the whole truth about Jesus (including myself).

It might mean to accept that he is the savior of the world. Is that it?

I shall assume that accept means to believe and to let the belief lead the believer.

And I shall assume hell means the punishment for non-belief that comes after a person's life.

I don't believe in souls "going to" reward and punishment so I can't vote yes or no.

gsa

If you don't love Jesus for his own sake, but merely because you think his harvested body will be useful to you, IMO you are barely a Christian at all. It's like saying you're a Democrat because you want think assassinating Obama would save the country.

That's quite a pickle though isn't it? " I never knew you: depart from me," if you didn't love him, but also only if you love him for reasons other than he is sending you to eternal hellfire. That's the divine equivalent of holding a gun to someone's head and saying "Kiss me. But not because I'm threatening to shoot you, kiss me because you really love me."

savethedreams

No, we haven't even determined what 'hell' is? Jesus was often quoted and never wrote anything so we can't say he DID say something without a 'account'. Hell is a state of mind, I believe.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

If I followed Jesus and I said no, my basis is to have a relationship with Him today. I would not follow Him to prevent me from going to hell. Thats like falling in love with my wife for the benefits not for what I can do for her AND what she can do for me.

Relationship with Jesus is a two way street. I picked no, since anyone has a change to be christian. Its not a race.

If I went off scripture, not what I want, yes people would go to hell (however one defines it) if they dont believe. Its a default. If I dont do the dishes I wont get to play with my friends. No exclusions.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Vote is no. Accept Jesus as what? He may or may not have existed. I certainly don't believe that he's a god, or believe in hell.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
Hi disciple

I voted 'no' as it was the closest to accurate seeing how I do not accept the ideas of either Jesus or Hell.
However, I would have liked an "I don't care" option as well, because I really don't.

[Edit] I don't accept the idea of "Jesu" either....

Might want to fix your poll.