• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone who hears of Jesus but does not accept Him is going to hell.

Everyone who does not accept Jesu is going to hell

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
If I followed Jesus and I said no, my basis is to have a relationship with Him today. I would not follow Him to prevent me from going to hell. Thats like falling in love with my wife for the benefits not for what I can do for her AND what she can do for me.

Relationship with Jesus is a two way street. I picked no, since anyone has a change to be christian. Its not a race.

If I went off scripture, not what I want, yes people would go to hell (however one defines it) if they dont believe. Its a default. If I dont do the dishes I wont get to play with my friends. No exclusions.

Why are you picking and choosing Scripture, though? I mean, if the Bible states one thing, why do you think it's ok to just ignore something else that it states?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
and the Carpenter said of Himself.....brother and fellow servant....

If He lays Hand on your shoulder and calls your brother......hot damn!
If He calls you fellow servant....that's not bad either.

If He calls you something less.....you could be in trouble.
If He never calls you....you are lost.

It's not whether you accept Him.
It's much more.....will He accept you?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Why are you picking and choosing Scripture, though? I mean, if the Bible states one thing, why do you think it's ok to just ignore something else that it states?

I dont set my life by scripture. Its illogical to send anyone to hell for disbelief; to even have that option to begin with.

Also

I know scripture states otherwise. I dont agree with it and thats what it says. None believers will not have life with God. Its a default. Its sad and its what it says.

If it is true, I believe not. However, thats not my place to state a believer is wrong for believing in something I feel is an illogical belief. It doesnt cause harm, so, I see no problem.

Thana

Lady
Everyone who does not accept Jesus is going to Hell.

What do you think? Yes, or no? If no, then what is basis for accepting Jesus?

Yes and no.
In the end, We're told that He will judge us by our hearts.
Besides, Jews don't believe in Jesus yet Revelations talks about how some of them will be saved.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I dont set my life by scripture. Its illogical to send anyone to hell for disbelief; to even have that option to begin with.

Also

I know scripture states otherwise. I dont agree with it and thats what it says. None believers will not have life with God. Its a default. Its sad and its what it says.

If it is true, I believe not. However, thats not my place to state a believer is wrong for believing in something I feel is an illogical belief. It doesnt cause harm, so, I see no problem.

So, basically, your saying that the bible is incorrect. It's stating something that is false.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
That's quite a pickle though isn't it? " I never knew you: depart from me," if you didn't love him, but also only if you love him for reasons other than he is sending you to eternal hellfire. That's the divine equivalent of holding a gun to someone's head and saying "Kiss me. But not because I'm threatening to shoot you, kiss me because you really love me."
Well, provided one believes in the whole Hell thing, yeah.

But even if one does, I think it is disturbing to think that people might only love Jesus because he's willing to be killed for them; his teachings are not so bad, you know. Hard to follow. But not bad. I think the hard to follow bit is probably why people made up the whole hell and salvation thing - gets you off scot free for not actually doing anything Jesus actually said, as long as you "believe" in him.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

What do you think? Yes, or no?

It would be necessary to heavily reinterpret "Jesus" in that sentence for such a statement to even begin to have a chance of being true, so No.

If no, then what is basis for accepting Jesus?

I don't see why anyone particularly should accept Jesus (did you mean to make this a Same Faith Debates thread for Christians?)

That said, I would expect that the basis that there is would be affinity for the teachings attributed to him?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
how about people like Hilter whom accepting Jesus (pbuh) they would go paradise ?
How about we Muslims whom accepting Jesus (pbuh)?

Don't you feel like giving your best guess? If I understood the OP correctly, that is what it is inviting us to do.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon

I think that in order to accept Jesus, a person must not only have heard of him but must have had the opportunity to hear and understand His gospel. I really don't think it's possible for us to comprehend all of the extenuating circumstances why someone wouldn't accept Jesus, but I do believe that prior to the Last Judgment, all will have been given that opportunity -- either in this life or as they await the resurrection.

By the way, I couldn't vote because, in my opinion, there's a lot more to it than your simple yes/no question implies, and neither answer would have accurately expressed my beliefs.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So, basically, your saying that the bible is incorrect. It's stating something that is false.
I believe it is illogical (sounding like Spock)

If I studied it more, I can give you a better answer if the historical part is logical based on context.

The spiritual part, sending people to hell for disbelief is terrible.

Hmm. How can I answer that.

It is false to Me because it is illogical.

It is not false to its own claim. (Doesnt prove itself false)

We dont Know. No one has came to tell us the truth;) So all we have is faith.

Since it is illogical, I dont see how I can benefit from setting my life to this terrible belief.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
isn't it interesting how people always jump to the conclusion that someone who disagree with them is somehow attacking the Bible itself?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
It would be necessary to heavily reinterpret "Jesus" in that sentence for such a statement to even begin to have a chance of being true, so No.

I don't see why anyone particularly should accept Jesus (did you mean to make this a Same Faith Debates thread for Christians?)

That said, I would expect that the basis that there is would be affinity for the teachings attributed to him?

I don't have a problem with reinterpreting something if I believe it to make more sense. Though, in this context, what I'm presenting is pretty traditional Xian thought/perspective.

I don't think that one needs to be a Xian, to have an opinion on this; One could even believe in Jesus, and still not adhere to Him, etc. So, I left it open for anyone to answer.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I think that in order to accept Jesus, a person must not only have heard of him but must have had the opportunity to hear and understand His gospel. I really don't think it's possible for us to comprehend all of the extenuating circumstances why someone wouldn't accept Jesus, but I do believe that prior to the Last Judgment, all will have been given that opportunity -- either in this life or as they await the resurrection.

By the way, I couldn't vote because, in my opinion, there's a lot more to it than your simple yes/no question implies, and neither answer would have accurately expressed my beliefs.

It seems from what you wrote, you could answer the OP, hmm.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
So, if I hear about him and choose not to accept him, I'm going to Hell...

The implication, therefore, is that if I never heard about him, then I don't have to worry about going to Hell.

In that case, why in the world would you tell anybody about Jesus at all?!

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
So, if I hear about him and choose not to accept him, I'm going to Hell...

The implication, therefore, is that if I never heard about him, then I don't have to worry about going to Hell.

In that case, why in the world would you tell anybody about Jesus at all?!

I'm not sure. That being said, most people have heard of Jesus.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I could never work out why Jesus has the monopoly on being saved, like he couldn't even save himself, myself I am more interested in the Buddha, or Krishna.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
Jesus himself, of course, reserved spots in hell only for those who were cruel to the poor. But why let him into the discussion? He's just a body to use.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
  • Based on the made up gospel of John, those who don't accept Him are condemned.
  • Based upon the false apostle Paul's letters, he says that you're saved if you call on Him.
  • The additions to the synoptic gospels by the church, say you will go to hell if you don't accept Him.
  • Based on the synoptic gospels, people should be following his teachings to glorify God, and God will decide who follows God, not 'Him'.
  • Revelation says that those who are not written in the Lambs book of life, shall go to hell; yet that is debatable, if it is about acceptance of Him, or a persons merit.
So basically it is the made up text which Christianity is established on, that says if you don't accept Him, you're going to hell. :innocent:

JoStories

I think the question is not clear enough to give a cogent answer. Do you mean accept, as in accept that he was an historical figure or accept as in accept that he was the son of God.