• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of NOAH's FLOOD

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
IOW the story is just a fantasy since meteors (shooting stars) are tiny and burn up in the upper atmosphere and never reach the ground.
Sure they reach the ground. And there are those that don't and still do damage. You appear not to have a great deal of knowledge about meteors and meteorites.

Monty

Sure they reach the ground. And there are those that don't and still do damage. You appear not to have a great deal of knowledge about meteors and meteorites.
You appear to have little knowledge about meteors and meteorites.
Meteors never reach the ground. Meteorites are larger and why they reach the ground since they don't burn up in the upper atmosphere like the tiny meteors, but are not made of brimstone anyway. Murchison meteorite - Wikipedia

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Meteors never reach the ground. Meteorites are larger and why they reach the ground since they don't burn up in the upper atmosphere like the tiny meteors, but are not made of brimstone anyway. Murchison meteorite - Wikipedia

It's the same object just different names depending on where they are.

Monty

Yes they are the same space rock material, but different sizes, and a larger one is defined as an asteroid, in the same way that a hectare describes a larger area than a square millimetre. But they are not made of brimstone as found in volcanoes. Meteor showers are not meteorites since they don't reach the ground.

And if the fictional story in Gen 19 was about a large meteorite which broke up when falling, then Lot's family wouldn't have any warning unlike a volcanic eruption, and Lot's wife/sister wouldn't have been encased in volcanic ash like the Pompeii victims either (Gen 19:26).

Last edited:

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Yes they are the same space rock material, but different sizes, and a larger one is defined as an asteroid, in the same way that a hectare describes a larger area than a square millimetre. But they are not made of brimstone as found in volcanoes. Meteor showers are not meteorites since they don't reach the ground.

You were talking about meteors and meteorites. A meteorite is what a meteor is called when it hits earth. It's pretty simple. They're position not a measurement of size.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You're too much.

Anyway. Sodom and Gomorrah, meteorite.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

And if the fictional story in Gen 19 was about a large meteorite which broke up when falling, then Lot's family wouldn't have any warning unlike a volcanic eruption, and Lot's wife/sister wouldn't have been encased in volcanic ash like the Pompeii victims either (Gen 19:26).
If the story is fictional, why would the characters be so constrained? The author could have them do anything. Even be forewarned.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But it still doesn't change the fact that the KJV & OJB & YLT say that the flood was only 15 cubits high, whereas the personal opinions in the NASB & NIV etc don't even tell us how high the flood was.
And if the story isn't realistic then it's just another fantasy, but not as well written as Tolkien's stories.
And how long were they actually on the boat, given that Noah was about 40 years old when his sister Naamah gave birth to triplets (Gen 5:32) and about 48 when most of his family were drowned, or was that just poetic licence?
No, only you read it that way. That should tell you something.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

A meteorite survives the trip through the atmosphere and hits ground just as the source of your link indicates.

I'm not sure why anyone would say they never touch ground when the experts say they do. We have craters and actual meteorites all over as evidence of that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A meteorite survives the trip through the atmosphere and hits ground just as the source of your link indicates.

I'm not sure why anyone would say they never touch ground when the experts say they do. We have craters and actual meteorites all over as evidence of that.
1699410553926.png

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You were talking about meteors and meteorite. A meteorite is what a meteor is called when it hits earth. It's pretty simple. They're position not a measurement of size.
And lest we forget, air bursts that don't require they touch down as a single piece.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, that one did not appear to have happened. For example, according to experts in the field the "shocked quartz" was not even mildly surprised.
I've shocked some things in my day, but never quartz. That doesn't reflect well on me, but the quartz is shining.

Yep. Meteors killed Sodom and Gomorrah. Like the Tunguska blast of 1908.

Of course that could have been Tesla's particle beam weapon.