• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of NOAH's FLOOD

Monty

Yes they are the same space rock material, but different sizes, and a larger one is defined as an asteroid, in the same way that a hectare describes a larger area than a square millimetre. But they are not made of brimstone as found in volcanoes. Meteor showers are not meteorites since they don't reach the ground.

You're too much.

Anyway. Sodom and Gomorrah, meteorite.
What evidence do you have that meteorites are made of brimstone?

Monty

No, only you read it that way. That should tell you something.
That's what it says in our language, however, even if it isn't in the particular language you use.

So what was the final flood height quoted in Gen 7:18-20 by the writers of the OJB?
Bereshis 7:18-20 OJB -
18 And the waters rose, and were increased greatly upon ha’aretz; and the tevah (ark) floated upon the face of the waters.
19 And the waters rose exceedingly upon ha’aretz; and all the high hills, that were under kol HaShomayim, were covered.
20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters rise; and the harim were covered.

And what was the final flood height quoted in Gen 7:18-20 by the writers of the NIV?
Genesis 7:18-20 NIV -
18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water.
19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered.(A)
20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits.[a][b] (B)

Last edited:

Monty

A meteorite survives the trip through the atmosphere and hits ground just as the source of your link indicates.

I'm not sure why anyone would say they never touch ground when the experts say they do. We have craters and actual meteorites all over as evidence of that.
But how many of the meteorites are made of brimstone?

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
IOW you have no evidence that the story in Gen 19 describes an event involving meteorites or asteroids.
I don't come up with a plausible story, fall in love with my own words and then consider it is the only possible answer and everyone is wrong and I'll repeat that until no one wants to read it anymore. But there is evidence. Just as plausible as volcanism.

Monty

I don't come up with a plausible story, fall in love with my own words and then consider it is the only possible answer and everyone is wrong and I'll repeat that until no one wants to read it anymore. But there is evidence. Just as plausible as volcanism.
Except that meteorites are not made of brimstone, whereas volcanoes often produce brimstone as well as fire.

Monty

Which volcano do you think was the cause?
The story is just fictional with fictional characters, but was probably based on the eruption of Santorini about 3500 years ago which destroyed Minoan settlements, and was perhaps the largest eruption in human history, exceeding the eruption of Krakatau in 1883 which was heard 5000 kilometres away in Australia and India and China.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Unless you can tell us how many meteorites were made of brimstone, if any, then your hypothesis has no evidence to support it.
It's almost like the claim made here by evolutionists who say the soil didn't change aging analysis from lava deposited from eruption.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The story is just fictional with fictional characters, but was probably based on the eruption of Santorini about 3500 years ago which destroyed Minoan settlements, and was perhaps the largest eruption in human history, exceeding the eruption of Krakatau in 1883 which was heard 5000 kilometres away in Australia and India and China.
Do you think that myths traveled that far? Now we know why the Hebrews would have picked up their flood myths since they were under the Babylonians for a while. But they were not under Grecian influence until after those myths were written.

Monty

Do you think that myths traveled that far? Now we know why the Hebrews would have picked up their flood myths since they were under the Babylonians for a while. But they were not under Grecian influence until after those myths were written.
Why not, given those Greek Islands are as close to Palestine as the rivers of Babylon, and the volcanic dust and the noise of the explosive eruption would have easily reached there. And perhaps the biblical story is just a retelling of an older borrowed story with a different plot and different characters, like the biblical flood story.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why not, given those Greek Islands are as close to Palestine as the rivers of Babylon, and the volcanic dust and the noise of the explosive eruption would have easily reached there. And perhaps the biblical story is just a retelling of an older borrowed story with a different plot and different characters, like the biblical flood story.
The dust, yes. The noise maybe. But it would be an unidentified noise. And the two events would have quite a significant time difference