• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of One Deity

Tonymai

Lonesome Religionist
People can conceive the concepts of God, have worshipful feelings, and realize spiritual experiences.

There is no evidence to support the existence of any kind of deity. The biblical one seems to be entirely the product of human creation as it is so very human in its faults and failings!:yes:

Tonymai

Lonesome Religionist
An assumption without any evidence to support it.

Subjective experiences the indwelling spirit can not be detected with scientific probing. I would agree that without such experiences, one is forced to assume such experiences are assumptions. "It is assumed what I can not experience is assumption."

Experiences of the so called 'spiritual' kind are probably generated by the human mind not an external source. I have had plenty of experiences some might describe as 'supernatural', I am still highly sceptical!

Me Myself

Back to my username
Subjective experiences the indwelling spirit can not be detected with scientific probing. I would agree that without such experiences, one is forced to assume such experiences are assumptions. "It is assumed what I can not experience is assumption."

I absolutely agree on this and I will frubal you for it.

This is a nice knowledge yo have just there. How you use it depends on you. Personally, it leads me to beleif that it is okay to "not beleive" in God, as lon as the experience of love to others is experienced by the person.

I have never seen so far God being irrefutably proved by scientific method, and don´t know if I ever will. But it is reasonable to say that it does make sense to doubt it if you just hadn´t have the experience.

I know I have though.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
People can conceive the concepts of God, have worshipful feelings, and realize spiritual experiences.

And they can with two, three, four, five, fifty, or a billion gods. So by your idea, there's a billion and one? :p

Tonymai

Lonesome Religionist
And they can with two, three, four, five, fifty, or a billion gods. So by your idea, there's a billion and one? :p

Such conception is due to the influence of One within one's mind which confuses quality with quantity. The influence of One Deity is qualitative only.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Such conception is due to the influence of One within one's mind which confuses quality with quantity. The influence of One Deity is qualitative only.
Not necessarily. One can believe in several perfect deities, or one flawed deity.

atanu

Premium Member
Not necessarily. One can believe in several perfect deities, or one flawed deity.

His point is not that one can conceive of one deity or many deities. His point is that 'One can conceive' . He is taking the power of conceiving as from the indwelling Lord, IMO.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
His point is not that one can conceive of one deity or many deities. His point is that 'One can conceive' . He is taking the power of conceiving as from the indwelling Lord, IMO.

Possibly; I never thought about this :)

But could it not be the same, that one could conceive, from multiple in-dwelling Lords?

I dunno; I'm just thinking outside the box here. :D

Tonymai

Lonesome Religionist
A spirit of God indwells within each person's mind. Such spiritual influence causes people to conceive Deity concepts, to construct theology and to experience worshipful feelings. Such spirit fragments are from the same God. However due to the uniqueness of each individual, the age and generation of him in the evolutionary process, his reception of such spirit ministry differs from others.

Such differences in response to the spirit in individuals and in different cultural groups many cause many different religions to crop up.

Tonymai

Lonesome Religionist
Experiences of the so called 'spiritual' kind are probably generated by the human mind not an external source. I have had plenty of experiences some might describe as 'supernatural', I am still highly sceptical!

Spiritual experiences are partially mind experiences, but not totally. They are mind changing experiences which makes a person's soul more mature and more apparent to himself.