• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
I think your concept of "proof" is way wider than ours.
...and what is this evidence you speak of?

I would offer one can look at the evidence with different frames of references, outside the box one might say!

If one wants to determine what is Justice, what is the evidence of it? Then in consideration of this, what is the highest level of justice we can imagine? If we imagine the most great justice, it is logical we can always outdo what we originally considered.

Now, in that research, what happens if one comes upon the most plausible explanation they have ever considered and it was reported to have a source beyond this world?

A choice is given, a different frame of reference, plausible or not plausible?

Regards Tony

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I would offer one can look at the evidence with different frames of references, outside the box one might say!

If one wants to determine what is Justice, what is the evidence of it? Then in consideration of this, what is the highest level of justice we can imagine? If we imagine the most great justice, it is logical we can always outdo what we originally considered.

Now, in that research, what happens if one comes upon the most plausible explanation they have ever considered and it was reported to have a source beyond this world?

A choice is given, a different frame of reference, plausible or not plausible?
I think of evidence as generally observable, testable, repeatable or productive. It's best applied to concrete assertions of actual things or facts -- like God, Santa Claus, or the number of legs on a spider..
Abstractions like justice are pretty hard to pin down with concrete, objective facts.
How does one measure imagined things, to determine the 'most great'?

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
I think of evidence as generally observable, testable, repeatable or productive. It's best applied to concrete assertions of actual things or facts -- like God, Santa Claus, or the number of legs on a spider..
Abstractions like justice are pretty hard to pin down with concrete, objective facts.
How does one measure imagined things, to determine the 'most great'?

I see everything we can imagine has a source. The source could be from our own self, devoid of any truth, or sourced from a universal mind. The other possibility is it could be a mixture of both.

Many great inventions come from imagining the solutions.

Regards Tony

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see everything we can imagine has a source. The source could be from our own self, devoid of any truth, or sourced from a universal mind. The other possibility is it could be a mixture of both.

Many great inventions come from imagining the solutions.
But there are things we can't imagine, and things that don't seem to have a source.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
But there are things we can't imagine, and things that don't seem to have a source.

That is where logic and reason are our best friends.

Mankind prides itself on it wisdom and knowledge. We live in a materialistic world of our own creation as a result, all that has a source from our mind, a mind that has choice between good action and destructive actions.

Yet we do not even consider that our mind is from an intelligent source and that all that is created does not have a source?

To me that denies pure logic and reason, it is not intelligence when we deny there is higher intelligence behind our mind.

Regards Tony

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yet we do not even consider that our mind is from an intelligent source and that all that is created does not have a source?

To me that denies pure logic and reason, it is not intelligence when we deny there is higher intelligence behind our mind.
Real reality does not conform to our everyday experience or common sense.
And I'm still waiting for some evidence of higher intelligence.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Real reality does not conform to our everyday experience or common sense.
And I'm still waiting for some evidence of higher intelligence.

If one waits, they will always be waiting, one must make a choice to study the evidence given.

That is all I will offer in this OP.

Regards Tony

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
89 pages to say read the Bahai texts?

I think he was just trying to ask, "Would the Baha'i scriptures be considered evidence?"

But, without this thread, we wouldn't have all these models to gaze upon in their natural poses:

raccoon-North-American.jpg